Kansas
✟7,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Divorced
Can anyone recommend a book (fairly inexpensive) with the near canonical New Testament writings. I have found an online site with these writings, but wanted a "hard copy". I have not been able to find a single book, without having to buy a multiple volume set for several hundred dollars. Mostly I am interested in 3 Corinthians, 1 & 2 Clement, Shepard of Hermas, Epistle of Barnabas, and a few others.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As far as I know the 3rd letter to the Corinthians has never been found so you cannot get that one...but the collection of apocryphal books and some of the early church writings (as interpreted by Bishop Wake in the 1700s) is made available in "The Lost Books of the Bible" (google it)...it contains Barnabas, Clement, Ignatius, the Shepherd, and others

Paul

Upvote 0

Street Knight

May 6, 2013
Kansas
✟7,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Divorced
Thanks Damon Rambo.
I found a multi volume set, (about 20 volumes) but lots of commentary, etc.
Having the works in one book would be great.
I just wanted something, paperback, that I could read some of the works of the early church fathers.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,091.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

HowdyDave@

Br. Athanasy; Obl.SB (Orthodox Benedictine Oblate)
Mar 28, 2017
USA
✟14,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
If you have a Kindle, go to Amazon.

For $2.99 USD, I got:

The Complete Ante-Nicene & Nicene and Post-Nicene Church Fathers Collection: 3 Series, 37 Volumes, 65 Authors, 1,000 Books, 18,000 Chapters, 16 Million Words

You will end up paying through the nose for a hard copy.

Upvote 0

raschau

homo viator
Apr 15, 2017
SW Indiana
✟32,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mostly I am interested in 3 Corinthians, 1 & 2 Clement, Shepard of Hermas, Epistle of Barnabas, and a few others.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

These are the 'Apostolic Fathers,' a sub-set of the Ante-Nicene Fathers. What you want is The Apostolic Fathers in English by Michael W. Holmes.

Upvote 0