Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
I think Christians can accept that there are some flaws in the bible, but do not fool yourself to believe that Islamic scripture is absolutely flawless.

And did Prophet Muhammad or Jesus Christ have high advanced degrees from Ivy League schools? I don't think so. Again like I said before, think before you talk.

Thank you.

It's very easy convense you. I am talking to kjf512, let me talk to him and I have communicated with you earlier didn't I? talk to you later.

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
What's up with this hatred of Islam? I'm not religious but I don't go around bashing other religions.

And by the way there are quite a lot of flaws in the Bible. I'm quite disgusted by some of the things in this thread (as well as this forum as a whole), but this is just sad.

Upvote 0

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What's up with this hatred of Islam? I'm not religious but I don't go around bashing other religions.

And by the way there are quite a lot of flaws in the Bible. I'm quite disgusted by some of the things in this thread (as well as this forum as a whole), but this is just sad.

I disdain Islam and I do not feel the need to sugarcoat my disdain.

Upvote 0

Futuwwa

Feb 8, 2006
✟5,284.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Byzantium existed, with Constantinople as its capitol, for 300 years before Muhammed was born.

That does not make any of its crimes against Islam any less severe.

At least you are an honest Muslim and admit that any non-Islamic state is your enemy.

Well, any state which tries to stop the spread of Islam is. If freedom of religion is unacceptable to you infidels, well, bad for you.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Upvote 0

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
bookofknowledge - you too couldn't deny any of the verses i gave you, nor have you debunked czach yet.

i may very well have a limited understanding of islam.. but what makes you think you have an unlimited?

I don't want you to get stuck when I didn't reply to you neither I want you to stop learning the good in Islam because at certain level of Righteousness & Just Laws of Land whatever you have mentioned and whatever czach said makes much more sense that you guys yourself accept but to reach at that level you have to stop showing resistence (lit: analyze yourself, what you guys are doing)

I tell you one good thing your telling me something which you couldn't understand based on your current knowledge. (You confirmed you passed kindergarden before graduating High School) then why are you jummping or trying to understand which conflicts with the current level of knowledge you posses.

Abraham (peace be upon him) prayed for his father and Allah said to Abraham whether you pray or not it's not going to help him...

You tell me Can you help a heavy drinking person to stop drinking until that person trys to mend his/her ways or atleast have the intention of not drinking?

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
It's very easy convense you. I am talking to kjf512, let me talk to him and I have communicated with you earlier didn't I? talk to you later.

why can't czach be involved?

*czach, pm me with some hadiths so i can post them!* lol i'm just joking

well, i have to take a shower, pray the Rosary :), and go to bed early tonight.. because otomorrow is... Church!! i'm meeting my grandma at the Church she goes to.. the one i went to as a kid.. so, it will be fun lol

good night you guys!

Upvote 0
C

czach8

czachs has limited understanding ability to grasp because when explained to him he will quit and start another thread and when explained to him on other threads he quit posting for some time and return by posting same questions...

You know brother, I was not expecting any clarity nor was I expecting you to answer the questions. However, why don't you be a real man about it, and simply either deny or accept the Hadith verses I have presented. You walked yourself into this, remember?

Peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One of the tragedies of world history is that the Byzantine and Persian Empires were not strong as they once were when Mahomet came along. If they had been stronger, Mahomet and his nomad followers would have been dealt with and we would be much better off.

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
bookofknowledge - i willingly waited for TWO hours, when i was supposed to go somewhere, so you could show me those verses.

it's not that i'm unwilling to learn.. it's just that i still am not satisfied that islam is a religion of peace

i think even muslims can agree.. there are meccan verses and medinan. and mohammad changed a lot (for the bad) in medina.

the meccan verses.. they are not too bad. but the medinana.. terrible.

i have read the quran more then once. and i most certainly read many good verses in islam. but there are many bad verses as well.. and i can't rule that out simply because there are a few nice verses.

goodnight. God Bless

Upvote 0

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
You know brother, I was not expecting any clarity nor was I expecting you to answer the questions. However, why don't you be a real man about it, and simply either deny or accept the Hadith verses I have presented. You walked yourself into this, remember?

Peace.

I have communicated with you before and I have requested you to post the entire Hadith which you have always failed to comply.... If it's so hard for you to type the entire Hadith then work with only one hadith at a time why do you have to post a cherry picked one line from an entire Hadith and on different subjects?

if it's too hard for you to type why don't you buy electronic CDs of ahadiths and easily available on internet.

You may not have expected any clarification or any answer from me but I have always replied to you in our conversations on earlier threads - whenever I was involved...

Let me talk to him because you two are east and west based on level of knowledge & understanding.

Upvote 0

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
bookofknowledge - i willingly waited for TWO hours, when i was supposed to go somewhere, so you could show me those verses.

it's not that i'm unwilling to learn.. it's just that i still am not satisfied that islam is a religion of peace

Thank you for waiting and like I said one step at a time... you wouldn't be able to learn every single thing in one day.

i think even muslims can agree.. there are meccan verses and medinan. and mohammad changed a lot (for the bad) in medina.

the meccan verses.. they are not too bad. but the medinana.. terrible.

i have read the quran more then once. and i most certainly read many good verses in islam. but there are many bad verses as well.. and i can't rule that out simply because there are a few nice verses.

goodnight. God Bless

Goodnight, Sweet Dreams, say Hi to your Grandmother when you meet. God willing we will talk again when your free otherwise you will be late tomorrow for church.

17:23
Your Rabb has decreed to you that: You shall worship none but Him, and you shall be kind to your parents; if one or both of them live to their old age in your lifetime, you shall not say to them any word of contempt nor repel them and you shall address them in kind words.

Upvote 0

Futuwwa

Feb 8, 2006
✟5,284.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
One of the tragedies of world history is that the Byzantine and Persian Empires were not strong as they once were when Mahomet came along. If they had been stronger, Mahomet and his nomad followers would have been dealt with and we would be much better off.

And this is relevant to the topic exactly how?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
My personal opinion is that the main conflict between the two faiths developed principally over the Crusades which lasted about two hundred years and the "reconquista" of Spain which had been largely under Moorish control for seven hundred years.

See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista

I think it's also true that the Byzantine and Sassanid Empires were weakened after centuries of conflict over control of the Middle East... They were the main powers and fought each other over control of Arabian tribes, trade routes and fought numerous battles.

The unity of Islam and the need to be free from these two powers (Byzantine Empire and the Sassanid Empire) that had been spiraling in violent conlfict years was the back ground... The Byzantines also had very high taxation and the Muslims generally allowed people to keep their religion so were more tolerant toward Jews. Christians could still have their churches. The taxation was lower than under the Byzantines.

An Islamic empire from Spain to India meant better trade and business connections as well as more tolerance and so Islamic civilization was an advance over the conflicts between the Byzantines and Sassanids... New inventions and technologies also were shared in the main cities such as Bagdad the center of the Caliphate at the time.

There were at least two opportunities where Muslims and Christians could have collaborated and one of these occurred when the Negus of Aethiopia sheltered Muslim refugees from Mecca and the Byzantine ruler Heraclius was said to be more open toward Muslims..and interested in their religion.

- Art

Upvote 0

Exegete12

Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
✟2,108.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well, my two cents worth is, that if we look historically where Christianity first flourished, it no longer flourished once Islam came in, it then vanished.

Wherever Islam goes, Christianity and other religions cease to exist any longer. That is a major concern.

Medieaval history shows us this with Turkey, Syria, Egypt and Palestine. All were once flourishing with Christians. Not now.

Also there is no reciprocation. Why should Islam come into the West, when the Orientals (the East Middle East) do not allow Christianity? That is unfair. But Christians being Christians will allow the unfair practice, because we are to live in humbleness of mind. Whereas Islam teaches a very proud spirit.

Most Western societies are liberal left, who only know too well communism will conquer Islam, so they don't worry about Christians. Islam's past shows them conquering Christians, and Communism's past shows them conquering Islam. What the future holds only Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour knows.

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I think it's important to understand the historic roots of these issues and that's why I cited them... that there is and has been persecution and suppression is also true. What we need to do now is look to the future... The challenge is learning how to work together in inter-faith communities and here it is up to each person to ask themselves if they are on the side of improving community life and having goals that are shared by all be they Muslim, Christian or Jew and shared by other groups as well..

We Baha'is have been persecuted in the Middle East since the beginning of our Faith but we keep working for better relationships with other religions and hope that the Universal Declaration of Human Rights willbe enforced someday by all the nations.

- Art

:wave:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Salam! It is sad that there is such an antagonistic relationship between Islam and Christianity. Muslims and Christians should be friends because they are similar in many ways. For example, we both worship one God. We also believe in the prophets! Why can't Muslims and Christians get along? That I don't know. I only hope that some day there will be greater peace between the two religions. Insha Allah there will be.

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, any state which tries to stop the spread of Islam is. If freedom of religion is unacceptable to you infidels, well, bad for you.

A Muslim speaks of freedom of religion? There you go again with taqiyya. Freedom of religion exists nowhere where there is sharia.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.