Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
The winter Olympics start in 3 days and we've got no snow. Awkward... :sorry:

Could be tough sleding. Sorry I just had to say that. I'm looking forward to watching CBC coverage of the games. Really don't like NBC coverage of the games. Since the Torino Games I have been a fan of the CBC.

You don't have snow in the higher elevations?

Upvote 0

deliciousBass

Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
DC Metro
✟27,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah this is starting to get ridiculous.. another 10-20 inches of snow aaaaaaargh. I'm beginning to get cabin fever too. I've left the house TWICE since last Friday. Both were trips to McDonalds. I drove up to the local Safeway and it was absolutely PACKED with people getting ready for this next snowstorm.

Anyway, this lack of social contact is getting to me. I was ecstatic when I ran into my neighbors coming up the stairs and they asked me," Am I ready for more snow?" and I said "Yes, because there's no work." And they started laughing. That is like the highlight of my day so far. LOL what a perfect My Life is Average type of comment haha.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is me over the past several days.

First, I was all riled up and excited about getting another big blizzard. No work, no school. Bring it on, I said!

:cheer::ahah::comeon::dontcare:

Then I realized I had to reckon with all that snow...my car wasn't going to dig itself out.
:bbrr::hhh:

But afterwards, I felt victorious! Time to enjoy something warm and cozy. The blizzard was done!
:hrelax:

Then I heard...tomorrow, yet another foot of snow is coming?
:hahaha:

I didn't want to hear it!
:notlistening::muahah:

So this'll be me within the next 24-48 hours lol.
:unbelievable::freeze::frozen2::nooo:

Last edited:
Reactions: Historicus
Upvote 0

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't have snow in the higher elevations?

Well we have snow (and a bunch of it apparently *whew) up at Whistler where all the main action will be, but up at Cypress Mountain where some of the skiing/snowboarding events are taking place it's been mostly rain, so within the past few days they've actually been sending up truckloads of snow we've been preserving in some big freezer somewhere. And of course all the snow making machines have been working over time.

I see all you people back east are hogging it all!! ^_^

Upvote 0

canehdianhotstuff

I pour water into acid, I'm crazy like that.
Dec 29, 2003
Pembroke, ON
✟12,820.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
OK, it's rare that we get more than a few inches of snow per winter. This winter we've already had a major blizzard and several smaller snowfalls, and another blizzard forecast for this weekend. And winter's not even over yet!

God, are you trying to make a joke in the face of the Global Warmingists? If so, I GET it, you can stop now!

:bbrr::freeze::frozen2:

Quite contrary, the results fit well with global warming changing weather patterns. Here in Canada this entire geographical area has seen less than 8 inches of snow all winter. Some places are getting warmer winters that normally dont get them, and others colder more snowy ones...like you poor guys.

Upvote 0