Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prior to the main jump on 14 October 2012, Baumgartner did test jumps on 15 March 2012 (21,818 m / 71,581 ft) and 25 July 2012 (29,460 m / 96,650 ft).

Apparently, after the test jumps, Zenith wanted their logo made more prominent.

Some of the documentary footage includes images from the test jumps. So what?

We were certain that the world was a globe 2500 years before this jump took place.

That would be why I can't find the logo lower down when I look for videos of the jump. They are not videos of the test jumps spliced into it.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Typical pointless FE line of argument.

Whether the Red Bull jump was fraudulent or not has zero bearing on the fact that the Earth is spherical.

Exactly. But because the evidence for a round Earth is so incontrovertible, they like to focus on side-issues.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
That the entire thing was fraudulent?
Show me your logic on this one, because I fail to see how a logo appearing on one shot and not another is enough to immediately conclude the entire thing is fake.

‘The entire thing is fake’ doesn’t actually explain WHY the logo is there. What, exactly, do you think happened?

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Typical pointless FE line of argument.

Whether the Red Bull jump was fraudulent or not has zero bearing on the fact that the Earth is spherical.
Did I or the other FEs here, say the video footage being fraudulent, had anything to do with the shape of the Earth? I know I didn't.

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Show me your logic on this one, because I fail to see how a logo appearing on one shot and not another is enough to immediately conclude the entire thing is fake.

‘The entire thing is fake’ doesn’t actually explain WHY the logo is there. What, exactly, do you think happened?
I don't know, I was guessing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I don't know, I was guessing.
Well, it's a weird guess. If I was watching a boxing match, and in one round a boxer didn't have a tattoo on his right shoulder, and in the next round he did, that would be weird, I grant you...but it would be even weirder for me to assume the boxing match is staged because of that, and even weirder to assume the entire boxing match is a CGI simulated fake, or whatever you're implying.

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, it's a weird guess. If I was watching a boxing match, and in one round a boxer didn't have a tattoo on his right shoulder, and in the next round he did, that would be weird, I grant you...but it would be even weirder for me to assume the boxing match is staged because of that, and even weirder to assume the entire boxing match is a CGI simulated fake, or whatever you're implying.

What if one of those tattoos changed positions mid fight?

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
What if one of those tattoos changed positions mid fight?

That would, again, be weird, but it would be odd to conclude that the fight itself is fake because a tattoo is changing positions. For instance, it could be that someone, for some reason, is using some kind of computer imaging to put a fake tattoo on the boxer. That doesn't mean the fight's fake, just that it's being manipulated. The boxers are still there, the people are still watching, there's still an actual boxing match going on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That would, again, be weird, but it would be odd to conclude that the fight itself is fake because a tattoo is changing positions. For instance, it could be that someone, for some reason, is using some kind of computer imaging to put a fake tattoo on the boxer. That doesn't mean the fight's fake, just that it's being manipulated. The boxers are still there, the people are still watching, there's still an actual boxing match going on.

Let's split hairs then.

The jump video was likely...

"Manipulated"

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Let's split hairs then.

"Manipulated"

There is raw jump footage available on YouTube from both Baumgardner and the capsule itself. Both show the horizon line wildly curving back and forth, demonstrating his suit and the external part of the capsule were fitted with a fish-eye lens cameras. I don't know if that's the information you are after or not.

• Informative
Reactions: Zetetica
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Let's split hairs then.

"Manipulated"

In the absence of evidence, it's no more likely than any other explanation. The notion that they just moved the logo isn't that big of a stretch. I'm no CGI (neither are you, natch) but it appears like the logo is actually there, that it wasn't added in unnaturally. What would even be the point of doing that?

Again, explain your logic here. You seem to be implying that the moving logo is some sign of deception. How? Even if it was, how does that change anything about things as a whole? Does it mean the launch didn't happen, that it was all a fraud? How do you reach that conclusion off a relatively inconsequential detail?

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the absence of evidence, it's no more likely than any other explanation. The notion that they just moved the logo isn't that big of a stretch. I'm no CGI (neither are you, natch) but it appears like the logo is actually there, that it wasn't added in unnaturally. What would even be the point of doing that?

Again, explain your logic here. You seem to be implying that the moving logo is some sign of deception. How? Even if it was, how does that change anything about things as a whole? Does it mean the launch didn't happen, that it was all a fraud? How do you reach that conclusion off a relatively inconsequential detail?

I don't claim the entire thing didn't happen because of a moving logo. I don't know if it happened and if it did, I don't know if what happened, matches the story of what was saidsto have happened.

The moving logo is just something that made me go, "hmm..." at this point.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please people don't act like snotty children, be adults it not hard . :)
It is extremely hard to talk sense to grown adults who appear to have grossly uneducated minds and obvious learning disabilities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.