Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What? Pooled resources through taxation to offset the cost burden?
Oh the HORROR!

It still does not mean they own and operate the power grid
Keep your day job. Ther are plenty of out of work comedians who are actually funny.

Not trying to be funny,but you and your godstate worhip are hilarious
Grass grows and the tide rises and falls without government, by the hand of God...Human affairs of free agency on the other hand do not. You have yet to make the case otherwise.
But claiming what I'm saying is the equivalent of my calling government "god" just makes your argument look silly.

You are saying that people can do nothing without government,make up your mind already
Commerce? With what currency?
Shells and shiny things?

You mean the corrupt currency that has lost most of its value due to government/financial corruption being passed off as "inflation"

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It still does not mean they own and operate the power grid
The power grid would not exist without it.

Not trying to be funny,but you and your godstate worhip are hilarious
What is funny in your god state boogeyman theory that you tout behind your keyboard all the while you're freeloading off the rest of society..

You are saying that people can do nothing without government,make up your mind already
And you have yet to show me one thing people do without it.

You mean the corrupt currency that has lost most of its value due to government/financial corruption being passed off as "inflation"
I'm betting you still deposit it into your FDIC insured bank account and pay your bills with it ....

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The power grid would not exist without it.

prove it
What is funny in your god state boogeyman theory that you tout behind your keyboard all the while you're freeloading off the rest of society..

No I work for a living and do my best to protect what little I have from freeloaders,do you work,be honest now.
And you have yet to show me one thing people do without it.

Exactly,people cannot exist or function apart from government,their thoughts,talents abilities,hopes,dreams all come from government......sounds like god to me.
I'm betting you still deposit it into your FDIC insured bank account and pay your bills with it ....

So what,what does that have to do with anything

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You whimpering Snowflakes couldn't work half the hours he consistently puts in every single week.

And, as you said, he owns all the places he is going to.... no charge for him OR probably any of his staff or Secret Service to stay or eat there..
No, they get charged. For instance: Secret Service in talks to rent space in Trump Tower: report
or this:
Taxpayers Have Spent $16k For Secret Service To Rent Golf Carts At Mar-A-Lago - The Ring of Fire Network
or here:
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/323767-no-one-should-make-money-off-the-presidency
I might also point our: a few years ago in DC comics through a series of events (and his getting elected) Lex Luthor was elected President of the United States. One of his first acts as President was to divest himself of all his Lexcorp holdings. That sort of means that President Trump isn't even being as ethical as Supermans archenemy. :eek:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The electricity grid: A history

No I work for a living and do my best to protect what little I have from freeloaders,do you work,be honest now.

Yes. I own a small family business specializing in commercial food preparation equipment sales and service and I employ 26 full time employees, with benefits. We just celebrated 50 years in business last fall. I work about 60+ hours a week and have for the past 20 years.

And I'm not ignorant enough to believe I could have been as successful as I am in a vacuum.
I rely on the public education system to provide an educated workforce, I rely on the interstate highway system for the shipping and receiving of the goods I sell, the fossil fuels that power our fleet of trucks that made it safely to our shores under the protection of the us navy, I rely on electricity, water, sewer, air travel, internet, sidewalks, FDIC insured bank accounts, the court system to settle disputes and enforce contracts, etc for my ability to even make $0.10. I could NOT be IN business, much less be as successful as I have been so far, without government. That's just a fact.

What is it that you do for work that you can do successfully without those things? Be honest now.

Exactly,people cannot exist or function apart from government,their thoughts,talents abilities,hopes,dreams all come from government......sounds like god to me.

Again, straw man.
This whole notion of Government as an "other" to be vilified in the USA has always fascinated me.
Government IS us.
We have Self rule.
"We the people" isn't just a nice catch phrase for a bumper sticker.

So what,what does that have to do with anything

It's not rocket surgery.
You choose to rely on the Government for the protection of your assets, yet all the while decry Government as the very thing that your assets need protection from...
As you said " make up your mind already" ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Some reports I've read place the cost of a Trump weekend at his Florida resort at $3.6 million.

An analysis of Trump's movements have noted that he visits one of his properties every 3 days.

In addition to the obvious conflict of interest when it comes to promoting his real estate holdings, how much of this $3.6 million finds itself in the coffers of Trump enterprises as payment for accommodating/meals of the Secret Service and the rest of the entourage the accompanies the President?

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The electricity grid: A history

The government still does not own and operate the power,remove the private sector and it collapses

Yes. I own a small family business specializing in commercial food preparation equipment sales and service and I employ 26 full time employees, with benefits. We just celebrated 50 years in business last fall. I work about 60+ hours a week and have for the past 20 years.

And I'm not ignorant enough to believe I could have been as successful as I am in a vacuum.
I rely on the public education system to provide an educated workforce, I rely on the interstate highway system for the shipping and receiving of the goods I sell, the fossil fuels that power our fleet of trucks that made it safely to our shores under the protection of the us navy, I rely on electricity, water, sewer, air travel, internet, sidewalks, FDIC insured bank accounts, the court system to settle disputes and enforce contracts, etc for my ability to even make $0.10. I could NOT be IN business, much less be as successful as I have been so far, without government. That's just a fact.

What is it that you do for work that you can do successfully without those things? Be honest now.

Private enterprise operates in the shadow of government,i suppose you think government can run everything.....stick around,it will be soon.

Again, straw man.
This whole notion of Government as an "other" to be vilified in the USA has always fascinated me.
Government IS us.
We have Self rule.
"We the people" isn't just a nice catch phrase for a bumper sticker.

I didn't realize such naivite still existed,government today is an entity totally separate and apart from the people with its own agenda and priorities,you seem to apply apply no critical thinking to government at all,its just good all the time and run by "us" that hilarious in light of the evidence.

It's not rocket surgery.
You choose to rely on the Government for the protection of your assets, yet all the while decry Government as the very thing that your assets need protection from...
As you said " make up your mind already" ;)

Hope you are young because we are about to enter the age of total government and I wouldn't want you to miss any of it,here's a question that should be easy for youu......what should government NOT be involved in ? because chances are they are working on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Greyy

Mar 7, 2017
XX
✟9,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You posted whining because things are not the want them to be which is government control of everything,you want government to smack people down,take their money and do what you want done with it.

Your post in not only incoherent, it's a grammatical mess. If you can't bother to think coherent thoughts and put them into readable sentences, I am not going to bother reading your posts anymore. You are now ignored.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your post in not only incoherent, it's a grammatical mess. If you can't bother to think coherent thoughts and put them into readable sentences, I am not going to bother reading your posts anymore. You are now ignored.
The mobile site is loaded with pop up ads that you have to dodge to type,that is reason for the errors,but if they cause you to put me on ignore then God bless em since I have no desire to talk to anyway

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hope you are young because we are about to enter the age of total government and I wouldn't want you to miss any of it,here's a question that should be easy for youu......what should government NOT be involved in ? because chances are they are working on it.
What do YOU think the government shouldn't be involved in?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hope you are young because we are about to enter the age of total government and I wouldn't want you to miss any of it,

here's a question that should be easy for youu

Before I answer that, It Would be courteous of you to answer my questions in the manner I have consistently answered yours.

I'll try one more time.
What is it you do for work that you can be successful without any/all the things I mentioned that enable me to be successful in my work?
I'm genuinely curious.

......what should government NOT be involved in ? because chances are they are working on it.

Government shouldn't be involved in what I do in privacy with myself or other consenting adults.

And you are right about the fact that they are working hard on that... just ask any right wing conservative "Family Values" Christian how they prefer thet Government get involved in making sure I don't do anything "icky"!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think folks should be able to experience the full effects of their ideology,so I hope you live long into the total government future......very long and don't miss a thing....nothing.

It's plain you really aren't interested in having a conversation, a mutual back and forth, asking and answering... I'm sure there is a forum more suited to you that that you'd be happier posting in than this one.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's plain you really aren't interested in having a conversation, a mutual back and forth, asking and answering... I'm sure there is a forum more suited to that that you'd be happier in.

We already had a conversation,we are opposed in every way,so no more discussion is needed.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We already had a conversation,

No we had an inquisition, not a conversation.
A conversation would have required you to extend me the same courtesey I extended you.

we are opposed in every way,

That may be true, but scripture commands us to give sober reason for what we believe to all who call us to account, and Iron sharpens Iron after all.

so no more discussion is needed.

Preaching to the choir may indeed be all you can stomach.
Milk before Meat

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys,

Well, where's President Trump this weekend. Staying at home as he said he would be doing on the campaign trail because there was a lot of work to be done and he wouldn't have time to goof off? Or, is he somewhere near hole 9 on another 6 million dollar weekend getaway?

Just wondering how long and how often we're going to have to foot these costs?

Obama spent almost $100,000,000 on his vacations and I didn't hear a peep of protest out of you about it, Ted. So, in answer to your question here, I'd say to get back to us when President Trump begins to rival the previous president. Oh, and don't forget to credit his $400,000 salary against these costs. Obama certainly didn't forego his salary while in office and I don't think many previous presidents did so either.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That may be true, but scripture commands us to give sober reason for what we believe to all who call us to account, and Iron sharpens Iron after all.

I am not neither obligated to meet your definition of reason or give you an account of anything......who do you think you are ?

• Haha
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obama spent almost $100,000,000 on his vacations and I didn't hear a peep of protest out of you about it, Ted. So, in answer to your question here, I'd say to get back to us when President Trump begins to rival the previous president.

Begins to Rival?
Trump has spent nearly $10 million in travel during his first 30 days as president, while Obama spent $12 million per year.

If Trump's cost of travel stays consistent throughout his entire presidency, he is set to outpace Obama by a long shot. If he stays in office for one term, his travel costs could reach $480 million. A second term could see that price tag skyrocketing to $960 million. In comparison, Obama's travel cost hit a mere $97 million throughout his eight years in the White House.

Oh, and don't forget to credit his $400,000 salary against these costs.

As soon as we see any evidence if it....He's 2 paychecks in and there is no evidence of Him donating any of it

Obama certainly didn't forego his salary while in office

Nope. He earned it.

and I don't think many previous presidents did so either.

Two that I know of, Hoover and Kennedy.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.