• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Announcement: OBOB political forum

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Tallguy88, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benedictaoo

benedictaoo Legend

+7,166
    Catholic
    Private
    Well where are we to discuss this<Staff Edit>

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2016
  2. Tallguy88

Tallguy88 We shall see the King when he comes! Supporter

+7,641
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    The Member Services Center is the place to post about it. You can discuss any issue or concerns you have privately with the admins. You can even specify which admin you do or don't want to talk to, if you like or dislike any in particular.

http://www.christianforums.com/forums/member-services-center-msc.883/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2016
  3. Hammster

Hammster Events occur in real time. Staff Member Assistant Advisor Supporter

+10,551
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    There is a difference between saying that what someone says comes off as racist because xyz, and just calling someone a racist.

And if soneone said that white folk were superior to other races, that's a flame and should be reported.

4. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+7,446
    Judaism
    Married
    Thank you. I just wanted to clarify.

5. benedictaoo

benedictaoo Legend

+7,166
    Catholic
    Private
    Saying it comes off as racist is different then saying it is racist.

6. Hammster

+10,551
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    We can handle the report load. And there's no need to make an announcement. If someone feels it's a flame, it can be reported.

7. Hammster

+10,551
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Right. But we get a lot of reports where people cannot make that distinction.

8. MikeK

MikeK Traditionalist Catholic

+5,497
    Catholic
    Married
    This is a discussion forum. Open, clear, direct discussion should be allowed and encouraged and to the best of my knowledge it has been and will continue to be. Staffers have done a thankless job of keeping people decent in the past and I'm sure they will continue to in the future. We are all guests here and we all - myself absolutely included - have a responsibility to follow the rules set forth by the owners of this forum and their designees. Nobody gets banned for following the rules and behaving like an adult. As in all things, we're seeing people who cannot be bothered to personally invest their efforts hassle those who are. Staff is always seeking help and if you believe there is a problem that needs addressing the best way is likely to join staff and help out. Granted, most of us are busy with careers and families and Church groups, but so are most staffers, I assume.

9. benedictaoo

benedictaoo Legend

+7,166
    Catholic
    Private
    All I know is you are going to be busy.

10. Hammster

+10,551
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    We've got it covered. :)

11. Sword of the Lord

Sword of the Lord In need of a physician. Supporter

+7,199
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    All I have to say is, when I report some usual suspects for flaming, nothing happens. Perhaps a warning in private. When I'm reported for flaming, my username is faded out (ban) and I'm in MSC. The process here is not fair and is biased. I don't care what the mods say.

12. Tallguy88

+7,641
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    The flaming rules have changed. We don't have flaming bans anymore. We implemented the new system on Easter.

13. Sword of the Lord

+7,199
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Don't forget, tomorrow is April 1st.

14. benedictaoo

benedictaoo Legend

+7,166
    Catholic
    Private
    I can not disagree. I find that if I do report and I usually don't report but when I do, I'm the one with ramifications.

15. benedictaoo

benedictaoo Legend

+7,166
    Catholic
    Private
    which is what?

16. Rhamiel

Rhamiel Member of the Round Table

+8,151
    Catholic
    Single
    will we be able to make threads in OBOB that touch on political issues from a Catholic perspective without them being moved to this new General Politics forum?

17. Michie

Michie Perch Perkins. Catholic reporter. ;) Supporter

+17,850
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    My understanding is we can.

18. Tallguy88

+7,641
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Yes, as long as it doesn't turn into a primarily political debate, ie Republican vs Democrat, Conservative vs Liberal, etc.

19. Sword of the Lord

+7,199
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yeah but God vs Satan is Scriptural. ;)

I kid, I kid

20. MikeK

MikeK Traditionalist Catholic

+5,497
    Catholic
    Married
    I would expect that anyone disagreeing with the position of our Pope or Bishops in such a thread would share whatever special knowledge of the issue they possess that makes them wiser then our Holy men, sent through Christ's Church to guide us on moral issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.