Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've never understood the idea that TV and video games caused violence or were tools of Satan. It seems like what we have here is a parent who is not intervening with the kid to explain the difference between a cartoon and reality and nothing more.

I have been watching Anime shows lately and many of them are entertaining, but indeed, many of them are awful.

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

IXA the Knight Kamen Rider
Apr 26, 2009
Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah that's real shocking about Gundam. :D

Yep! Even in THAT OVA, clearly we can see the ever famous Bandai, the company that brought to us a tonload of goodies from Japan.
Selling merchandise from anime and tokusatsu and even some US shows.
Anime: Gundam, Pretty Cure, Macross, Evangelion, Dragon Ball and a lot more.
Tokusatsu: Kamen Rider, Metal Heroes, Super Sentai and a lot more!
US: Ben 10 and more.

Is it me or did the troll (OP) just fail miserably?

Failed miserably due to the severe misconception.

I've never understood the idea that TV and video games caused violence or were tools of Satan. It seems like what we have here is a parent who is not intervening with the kid to explain the difference between a cartoon and reality and nothing more.

I have been watching Anime shows lately and many of them are entertaining, but indeed, many of them are awful.

It depends upon your taste but anime is just a neutral form of entertainment... Unless it is made by authors and collaborators with evil intent by twisting and perverting the facts from the Christian faith.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It depends upon your taste but anime is just a neutral form of entertainment... Unless it is made by authors and collaborators with evil intent by twisting and perverting the facts from the Christian faith.

Even then it wouldn't qualify as a tool of Satan, just a rant of an angry Christianity hater.

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yep! Even in THAT OVA, clearly we can see the ever famous Bandai, the company that brought to us a tonload of goodies from Japan.
Now Bandai wasn't the orignal driving force behind Gundam that was a different toy manufacturer that wanted make a line of mecha action figures and wanted an anime to promote it. Bandai took over with the Zeta series and introduced variant MS and the models which was a genius move given the way the fans buy those things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Azureknight 773

Apr 26, 2009
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Even then it wouldn't qualify as a tool of Satan, just a rant of an angry Christianity hater.

It can if it has extremely believable script (even if it isn't for the true Christian but somehow valid for those who are not strong in their faith) but so far, I found no anime with that one. Instead, I found a scriptural duo of animes in the name of The Super Book and The Flying House which I say are the safest to watch animes.

Now Bandai wasn't the orignal driving force behind Gundam that was a different toy manufacturer that wanted make a line of mecha action figures and wanted an anime to promote it. Bandai took over with the Zeta series and introduced variant MS and the models which was a genius move given the way the fans buy those things.

Even so, Bandai is one merchandise fountain for the Gundams to be mass produced as evident in that OVA itself. Bandai itself is so famous for their products are well made. I now have 8 Gundams (3 are gone because I once had bad keeping before) from Bandai already, first off, I remember that I had the Burning/God Gundam, Master Gundam and the Dragon Gundam when I was a kid and now, I had the Wing Zero Custom, OO, Avalanche Exia, Zabanya and the GPB Color Hi-v Gundam and I admit that they are cool.

There is of course one other problem you have to consider with anime besides violence.

YouTube - ‪Anime Girls Gone Wild‬‏

The ecchi scenes, they are disturbing indeed. In fact, I stopped watching High School of the Dead because of the "ecchi-ness" even if they are Big Damn Five Man Band (with a Tagalong Kid) Heroes in all corners. Heck, ep 6 was a total (Grr... Lemme have some brain bleach okay?!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Even so, Bandai is one merchandise fountain for the Gundams to be mass produced as evident in that OVA itself. Bandai itself is so famous for their products are well made. I now have 8 Gundams (3 are gone because I once had bad keeping before) from Bandai already, first off, I remember that I had the Burning/God Gundam, Master Gundam and the Dragon Gundam when I was a kid and now, I had the Wing Zero Custom, OO, Avalanche Exia, Zabanya and the GPB Color Hi-v Gundam and I admit that they are cool.
I don't think I worded my last post very well because I agree with you 110% that Bandai made Gundam international franchise it is today. My point was simply that it was different toy manufacturer who was behind the orignal series I have quite a few anime fans here in the U.S. that thought it Bandai was the company who was always behind it. Trust me I know how worked up anime fans can get the comic book shop in the town I used live in had a going out of business sale with 50% off on all anime related merchandise.

The ecchi scenes, they are disturbing indeed. In fact, I stopped watching High School of the Dead because of the "ecchi-ness" even if they are Big Damn Five Man Band (with a Tagalong Kid) Heroes in all corners. Heck, ep 6 was a total (Grr... Lemme have some brain bleach okay?!)

I know the ecchi has gotten really bad and it keeps getting worse. What's worse are the idiotic fans who seem to think anyone believes there is too much ecchi in current anime isn't a real fan. As far as brain bleach goes try some 110 proof Wild Turkey that will hopefully get the job done.

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

Apr 26, 2009
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I worded my last post very well because I agree with you 110% that Bandai made Gundam international franchise it is today. My point was simply that it was different toy manufacturer who was behind the orignal series I have quite a few anime fans here in the U.S. that thought it Bandai was the company who was always behind it. Trust me I know how worked up anime fans can get the comic book shop in the town I used live in had a going out of business sale with 50% off on all anime related merchandise.

I now see what you mean. BTW, what was the original company that had the Gundam merchandise before Bandai took over? It makes me curious though. Way back in this town and even the capital of my province, it is rare to find good Gundams and other anime goodies considering that bootlegs are rumpant. Man! This sucks a lot! BTW, thanks for agreeing with me.

I know the ecchi has gotten really bad and it keeps getting worse. What's worse are the idiotic fans who seem to think anyone believes there is too much ecchi in current anime isn't a real fan. As far as brain bleach goes try some 110 proof Wild Turkey that will hopefully get the job done.

Yeah, perverted things keeps on getting worse . I can stand Zettai Ryouiki but not going too far which is to the stripperiffic of epic proportions. I think I will try it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I now see what you mean. BTW, what was the original company that had the Gundam merchandise before Bandai took over? It makes me curious though.

Animerica Gundam official guide said the company was called Clover a quick wikipedia search reveals they were only in business from 1973-1983. Below is a picture of Zaku action figures.

Way back in this town and even the capital of my province, it is rare to find good Gundams and other anime goodies considering that bootlegs are rumpant. Man! This sucks a lot! BTW, thanks for agreeing with me.

Hey the part of Ohio I live in it's hard to find adult anime and goodies period I had to order the parts 3&4 of 00 season 2 and the last vol. 00F online. And the gundam goodies I got at that comic book shop that was closing all GSD stuff.

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

Apr 26, 2009
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
[/color]

Animerica Gundam official guide said the company was called Clover a quick wikipedia search reveals they were only in business from 1973-1983. Below is a picture of Zaku action figures.

Ah, I see. After all of the years thinking that Bandai was behind the original MSG show, I now know what company actually started it. Thank you a lot fellow Gundanian Cyber Paladin-san.:thumbsup:

Hey the part of Ohio I live in it's hard to find adult anime and goodies period I had to order the parts 3&4 of 00 season 2 and the last vol. 00F online. And the gundam goodies I got at that comic book shop that was closing all GSD stuff.

Well, my only hope is to go to the elongated island of the Central Visayas, Cebu or to the capital of my country, Metro Manila for those goodies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Matariki

Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and MIND
Jan 24, 2011
New Zealand
✟8,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have a feeling that the OP is a troll, but I'm going to respond just in case there are others following this thread that are concerned about their kids watching anime on TV.

If you are going to say that Anime is a tool of Satan, you might as well say that entertainment is a tool of Satan eg; movies, games, books, music etc. Don't say that a field of the arts is evil because of one show. I suggest watching anime with your kids so you can keep an eye on things. If its inappropriate then explain why to your kids, don't just say 'because its evil'. Use the bible to teach your kids reasoning and what to watch out for. Encourage your kids to tell you if something is wrong and don't punish them when they tell you. There's no need to be legalistic over it.

There are some really good quality Christian animation out there and its worth investigating. Category:Christian animation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

Apr 26, 2009
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have a feeling that the OP is a troll, but I'm going to respond just in case there are others following this thread that are concerned about their kids watching anime on TV.

If you are going to say that Anime is a tool of Satan, you might as well say that entertainment is a tool of Satan eg; movies, games, books, music etc. Don't say that a field of the arts is evil because of one show. I suggest watching anime with your kids so you can keep an eye on things. If its inappropriate then explain why to your kids, don't just say 'because its evil'. Use the bible to teach your kids reasoning and what to watch out for. Encourage your kids to tell you if something is wrong and don't punish them when they tell you. There's no need to be legalistic over it.

There are some really good quality Christian animation out there and its worth investigating. Category:Christian animation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Altogether now:

AMEN!!! :clap::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Mankin

A Strange Mixture of Random Components.
Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
In the Norse Lands
✟54,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Should have put some more effort into that troll post bro. You could have at least posted a more in depth conspiracy theory about how the Illuminati and Pikachu are in league with each other. You also didn't call them Chinese cartoons which causes you to lose a few more points.

Basque did a better job at trolling than you, even though most of his posts made me go, "Cool story bro."

Another cool story, more than 50% of the animu fanbase in Amurrica is female so make of that what you will.

There are dumb people in every fanbase. Protip: Weeaboo=white person who wants to be Japanese. Otaku=Someone obsessed with something, usually related to animu when referred to in the West.

I'm neither. I just like anime/manga as a medium.

Being Japanese (well, american born) I have absolutely no interest or never had in any form of anime or manga. I just can't get into it..I like to watch food network, history channel..stuff like that..and read books from my kindle.

Being a history buff myself, I think the History Channel is awesome, except when they do all that crap about aliens and Nazi gold.

I love it when that guy from Monty Python does programs about the Middle Ages. What can I say, I enjoy all that stuff.^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ah, I see. After all of the years thinking that Bandai was behind the original MSG show, I now know what company actually started it. Thank you a lot fellow Gundanian Cyber Paladin-san.:thumbsup:
No problem it's one of those obscure things I read in a Gundam guide book. It's not surprising Clover has been overshadowed though they didn't really do anything other then supply funding for the orginal show and make some low quality toys.

Well, my only hope is to go to the elongated island of the Central Visayas, Cebu or to the capital of my country, Metro Manila for those goodies.

Well my options are pretty limited walmart once in a blue moon has something I want and there is an Fye close to me but the store carries a very limited selection. There is one other store locally owned stored that sells dvds but I refuse to go back there I went in asked if they had any anime in stock and the guy goes into this rant about how we anime fans are terrible customs and buy all are stuff online. He was still ranting and I just walked out.

As far as the OP goes anyone else think it's funny that she posted 2 threads inside of 10 mins. got no replys and her position changed from what anime I should let my kid watch to anime is PURE EVIL.

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

Apr 26, 2009
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No problem it's one of those obscure things I read in a Gundam guide book. It's not surprising Clover has been overshadowed though they didn't really do anything other then supply funding for the orginal show and make some low quality toys.

You're welcome! I never thought that there was this other company that does things like what Bandai did. I admit, those toys are so low quality and heck, even the details are not that much taken care of. In fact, it even made me question whether this is another one of those bootlegs or not.

Well my options are pretty limited walmart once in a blue moon has something I want and there is an Fye close to me but the store carries a very limited selection. There is one other store locally owned stored that sells dvds but I refuse to go back there I went in asked if they had any anime in stock and the guy goes into this rant about how we anime fans are terrible customs and buy all are stuff online. He was still ranting and I just walked out.

Well this sucks. I want to buy online but I do not know how and I am not an expert in this matters. I was so looking forward for Bandai-made Gundams but then there are some BOOTLEGs in my local toystores here. There is even this Duel Gundam that has Chinese characters written all over the packaging and then we have as well this (albeit not found in my nearby stores but still, a bootleg IS A BOOTLEG!):
4261685817_2096e512cc.jpg

What the heck? That ain't Freedom Gundam, it's Kamen Rider Ryuki/ Dragon Knight
images

with Strike Freedom's (seen below) Wings and then there's the Red Frame Astray above. Oh boy! Now with a Kamen Rider mentioned, I wanna have all of the Showa Kamen Riders as well as Heisei Kamen Riders IXA, G3-X, Agito, Knight/ Wing Knight, Zolda/ Torque, Ouja (or Ohja)/ Strike, Odin/ Wrath, Abyss, Orga, Psyga, Kaixa, Gatack, Kabuto, Blade and a whole lot more of action figures to be added to my Anime X Tokusatsu collection.

Well, we should take a stand and show that even if we are peacemaker class people, we are no pussies at all.

Sigh, I want to find stores with legit products here in my province but the visibility and of those stores is very low and the hope to find it... 4 to 0 %. It is a shame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.