Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well it's a fact you contradicted yourself over the laws. I don't think you know the Bible very well and I mean this as encouragement, for you to work on that, so you don't keep making errors and become harmonized with Gods will.

I'm under no obligation to answer any questions and trying to pressure me into answering will only make me more inclined to resist it.

It is also a fact that you do not understand God loves everything He created, or else would not create any of those things. If you did, you would not even imply God has no love for animals because all of them are His creations.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh? Tbey do nothing that is as bad as what people do to us.
Lol, animals kill and eat animals. Sometimes they eat them while they are still living. They have no such thing as morals. A coyote does not have the capacity to feel sorry when he's eating the hindquarters of a living deer.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Really you're going to pick out one verse of Ecclesiastes, and ignore the whole rest of the Bible? You do realize in Ecclesiastes, Solomon is contrasting two types of thinking? Humanist and the eternal perspective. He's not saying animals and people are the same at all.

So why did he say what was written in the same paragraph?

I am not ignoring "the rest of the Bible." People who ignore Genesis 1 are doing that, while I did not.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It is also a fact that you do not understand God loves everything He created, or else would not create any of those things. If you did, you would not even imply God has no love for animals because all of them are His creations.

Tell us what your vision of God is?

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Lol, animals kill and eat animals. Sometimes they eat them while they are still living. They have no such thing as morals. A coyote does not have the capacity to feel sorry when he's eating the hindquarters of a living deer.

Animals do not eat people, so what is your point? I was specifically talking about animals not being nearly as bad to people as people are to other people. It is impossible for them to do so.

And by the way, many animals do feel love. If you don't believe this I can't believe you truly love a dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Tell us what your vision of God is?

In regard to animals only, since that is the thread topic, I see Him as the all-loving Creator who does not, and never will, hate anything He made - including animals.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
In regard to animals only, since that is the thread topic, I see Him as the all-loving Creator who does not, and never will, hate anything He made - including animals.

You really don't need to comment further then this as the goal of the thread was the opening line:

''So I was wondering what the general viewpoint towards animals was.''

Upvote 0

AnneY

Aug 19, 2015
Midwest
✟123,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Because they can't. They do things that would be horrible sins for us... But since they merely act on instinct they can't be held accountable for it.
Animals don't sin because they are amoral and instinctual creatures, however they are affected by sin. Because God did indeed place a "dread" of humans upon them as a result of sin, especially the wild animals that weren't domesticated, their "sin" is harming or killing humans. To take it another step further, a wolfs instinct to kill calves will get it shot by the rancher. A foxes instinct to kill chickens will get it shot by the farmer. So yeah, they are held accountable for acting according to their instincts when it affects humans negatively.

Huh? Tbey do nothing that is as bad as what people do to us.

Animals do not eat people, so what is your point? I was specifically talking about animals not being nearly as bad to people as people are to other people. It is impossible for them to do so.

Animals do bad things to humans all the time. A quick google search can prove that. Both wild and domesticated animals have done their share of killing and eating humans. Just this month a little three year old boy in Kentucky was killed by the family dogs. I found several other news articles of family dogs killing their owners as well as children, from this year alone. One dog had an instagram page, set up by its owner, who loved the dog very much, but the dog killed its loving owner.

I like animals, I have a dog and rabbits, and I really do like them very much. However, I will not deny that domesticated animals, especially dogs, have done very bad things to humans, and the fact that dogs do attack and kill people is not as rare as one may think.

The "dread" God placed on the animals was to protect both the animal and the human. When an animal, wild or domestic, loses its "dread" of humans completely, it will follow its instincts and consider the human just another animal, usually with disastrous results.

Animals can be loving, and they do indeed have their place as pets. But we need to be aware that its still an animal, not a tiny, fur covered human. My dog is happiest when I treat her like a dog. My rabbits are happiest when I treat them like rabbits. To treat them otherwise will result in unstable, unhappy, unpredictable animals.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I like animals, I have a dog and rabbits, and I really do like them very much. However, I will not deny that domesticated animals, especially dogs, have done very bad things to humans, and the fact that dogs do attack and kill people is not as rare as one may think.

There is a huge difference between a dog instinctively trying to kill someone who scared it with teeth and claws and a man shooting another person who did nothing wrong several times.

Upvote 0

AnneY

Aug 19, 2015
Midwest
✟123,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There is a huge difference between a dog instinctively trying to kill someone who scared it with teeth and claws and a man shooting another person who did nothing wrong several times.

That's true, but I wasn't talking about animals who were frightened and acted on instinct to protect itself. I'm talking of animals who attack and kill for reasons other than fear, ie, no "dread".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think ideas like this are delusional:

Not all animals have brains, but those that do definitely feel love, fear, anger, jealousy, joy, and sadness. Because they can't know God, they can't sin, so I have no reason to doubt they are eligible for a free ride to heaven.

This is why I am suspicious of people who show extreme "love" for animals and claim to be a Christian. In their mind Humans have to earn their way to heaven,animals get a free pass.....even though there's no Biblical evidence animals have a way to enter Gods kingdom at the final judgement. Humans are fair game to be condemned to hell punishment,animals have immunity,even though they don't have a soul.

You claim to believe that humans are higher than animals but I'm not convinced. How much soul winning do you do or have you done in the past?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
How much soul winning do you do or have you done in the past?

Seriously? I can even count the times.
Are you under the opinion that because some people---let's say ,pastors, get paid to evangelize, that those ordinary, people who do not get paid for it, do not really matter in the whole realm of evangelizing? Are pastors more important than lay people? Is God impressed with numbers won to Him more than the people themselves? Is God impressed with those who feel they are superior to others because they think they have done more work in winning souls? I wonder how many souls Billy Graham won compared to some ordinary little pastor in some hick town? Do you think God loves Billy more because of that?

Luk 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well it's a fact you contradicted yourself over the laws. I don't think you know the Bible very well and I mean this as encouragement,for you to work on that,so you don't keep making errors and become harmonized with Gods will.

I'm under no obligation to answer any questions and trying to pressure me into answering will only make me more inclined to resist it.

She did not contradict herself over the laws---what God has declared abominable---remains abominable.
Like the pig and blood. Peter's vision had nothing to do with animals. It had to do with people, and Peter said so.
Act 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
That is what the vision was about. Nothing says that the pig is now clean, nor that blood is OK to eat.

I think this whole thread should be shut down.

Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Are you under the opinion that because some people---let's say ,pastors, get paid to evangelize, that those ordinary, people who do not get paid for it, do not really matter in the whole realm of evangelizing? Are pastors more important than lay people? Is God impressed with numbers won to Him more than the people themselves? Is God impressed with those who feel they are superior to others because they think they have done more work in winning souls? I wonder how many souls Billy Graham won compared to some ordinary little pastor in some hick town? Do you think God loves Billy more because of that?

Luk 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Why do you assume so many things? And there always very negative thoughts.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This is why I am suspicious of people who show extreme "love" for animals and claim to be a Christian. In their mind Humans have to earn their way to heaven, animals get a free pass...even though there's no Biblical evidence animals have a way to enter God's kingdom at the final judgment. Humans are fair game to be condemned to hell punishment, animals have immunity, even though they don't have a soul.

You claim to believe that humans are higher than animals but I'm not convinced. How much soul winning do you do or have you done in the past?

The difference is animals can't sin. Humans do not earn residency in heaven; they must have faith in God and accept Jesus as their Savior. Because animals cannot know God, they can't sin. It is sin that keeps us out of heaven without loving Jesus. So what would prevent animals from going to heaven if they don't?

Being a Christian is all about our feelings toward Jesus, not animals. I don't love any animals møre than I love Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

You can click on Support to open a Close Thread ticket.

For the first time ever, I am ignoring a poster on a Christian forum despite thinking Jesus would never do that. Anyone who says she would shoot her dog deserves it - even if she claims to love the dog.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Why do you assume so many things? And there always very negative thoughts.

Nope--You are the one assuming that your way is the only truth and the rest of us are wrong and want to shut us up and kick us out of "your thread." We've been very positive about God's love for man above all, and also for all His creations.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Daniel C
Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
She did not contradict herself over the laws---what God has declared abominable---remains abominable.
Like the pig and blood. Peter's vision had nothing to do with animals. It had to do with people, and Peter said so.
Act 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
That is what the vision was about. Nothing says that the pig is now clean, nor that blood is OK to eat.

The Apostles were making errors in the book of acts.

Jesus disagrees with your statement about kosher law and he is the fulfilment of the law:

Matthew
10 And he (Jesus) called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Well you don't have control over whether this gets shuts down or not. Good representation of the animal people though,very loving.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You can click on Support to open a Close Thread ticket.

For the first time ever, I am ignoring a poster on a Christian forum despite thinking Jesus would never do that. Anyone who says she would shoot her dog deserves it - even if she claims to love the dog.

What's that about then?

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Apostles were making errors in the Book of Acts.

A Baptist can't say that. Baptists believe the Bible has no errors. Maybe you selected the wrong religion in the registration form.

If you want to believe Acts is in error just because it supports animals you are a true biased animal hater.

Upvote 0