Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not pruning an also cause issues if it goes on long enough with having quorum for parish meetings. If your ASA is 30% of your "official" membership and quaroum is 50%, then you will never get quorum.

So very true! When we took our vote for the mortgage (which I described above), the threshold in order to pass was two-thirds of all members eligible to vote. In other words, not voting counted as a "no" vote. The hardest part was not convincing people of the need for the loan. It was convincing people to actually turn up for the meeting!

Upvote 0

Alfredha

Oct 10, 2021
San Dimas
✟7,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,
so this may be a rather long winded one but I'm returning to religion/new to religion. I was raised with a diluted form of anglicanism essentially. So I've been wanting to get back into the church however the more I read, the more I feel the C of E itself has been diluted and is coming away from the scriptures.

I've been reading about high-church anglicanism and anglo-catholicism, and catholicism itself. I understand the whole via media approach kept alot of the old traditions and movements such as the oxford movement has had influences; but for there to still be distinct differences between two churches and multiple groups within the anglican church.

If people would kindly offer some insight and explain some of the key differences that would be fantastic.
Roman Catholic Church - Episcopal Conferences

Upvote 0