Not open for further replies.

pandora

Jan 10, 2003
someplace cold
Visit site
✟15,252.00
Faith
Christian
at times i feel angry about things and i let it take over. this not only makes me feel bad, but it hurts those around me. It also goes against everything I am working for with my relationship with God.  I pray to stop.. but i still feel myself snapping back sometimes.

i just want it to stop. its not gentle behaviour, its not nice, and i'm sure i'm not pleasing Him when it happens - almost as a slap to His face evertime i say something that is mean.  

anyway... i guess if i admit i have this problem the sooner i can end it.  thanks for listening. hugs and blessings.

Remny

Prayer Bear
Apr 29, 2002
Vancouver Wa
Visit site
✟8,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Hey there Miss. Ah man plenty of folks get angry for sure. We just wish they would realize it's a problem like you are now. I'm really glad you realize how this is a bad thing for you, and I have faith you'll be able to controll it. Don't get discouraged if you mess up, and never be too proud to ask, or beg for forgiveness, not just from God, but to those poor folks that you vent yer anger on. If you keep feeling sorry for what you've done, I doubt you'll do it very long. With that said I'm praying that you have strength and that God can make you think of good things, that he will give you less things to be angry about. That he can quell yer anger with thoughts of goodness, fun and happyness.

have a good one!

Upvote 0

HesMyAll

Senior Contributor
Nov 4, 2002
Ohio
✟18,278.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Anger is not the problem.  It is what we do with it that can be the problem.  The best thing to do with anger is to treat it like garbage...get rid of it.  You wouldn't want to keep garbage around you, you throw it out.  The same thing goes with anger.  Anger left unchecked can become like a cancer.  I will be praying for you that God will help you with this and show you the way to handle it. :pray:

Upvote 0

nomad

Mar 7, 2003
Minneapolis
Visit site
✟570.00
Pandora,

Next time you get angry try this;

Stop, go somewhere private, hit something you won't hurt and won't hurt you.

Now ask yourself and be truthful to yourself "Why was I angry?" When you have answered this first question this will be the road with a lot more "whys" in it that will lead to where you are supposed to go.

Go with the Lord in your quest and you will see some things that will amaze you!!!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.