• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anger and Forgivness

Nathan55

Apr 25, 2005
✟257.00
Faith
Protestant
A while back I was dating this girl, and I was happy for a while and all was cool. MY friends though were not liking it. They would insult me and her, exclude me from stuff because I was going out with her, and just delt out a lot of disrespect. After the relationship ended my friends and I became closer again and it was cool, but when I think back to when I was dating that girl I still get mad about what they did. Even though we are friends now and have learned to respect each other better, when ever that topic comes up in conversation i start ranting about how i was treated.

I dont know if i am forgiving them or not. We are very close friends now but i still get upset over what happend almost a year ago, is that ok?

Thanks

Nathan55

chilibowl

Mar 9, 2005
at home
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
if they approched you in a sorrowful/repentant manor then yes, if they haven't, and if they were good friends and they didn't know of this wound on your heart it would be okay to let them know, even in anger if it came to it.. but at the same time you got to be ready to let it go when asked (When Things are worked out)

Upvote 0

Ant21

Apr 25, 2005
✟15,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where your friends against your relationship for any particular reason? Eg I'm against my sister's relationship with her boyfriend because it has stunted and reversed her relationship with God and that is the most important thing in life. I still get on well with her boyfriend most of the time, but I don't acsept (agree with) their relationship. However, that said, when/if I confront them I should be doing it in love and not out of anger or personal dislike.

Upvote 0