Angels???

SumMer87

Sep 13, 2008
✟7,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does everyone believe in angels??? I know I do... i love the idea of them, and i just know God has his "helpers" up there. And it does say in the Bible we are entertaining angels- we may not even know.

Ok so one time the family i was living with at the time, and this girl who lived with us, we all went to go get ice cream one night and watch a movie. So at the ice cream store karen the girl claimed the ice cream server was an... angel. lol she went outside and said "theres an angel in there, i think his name is Gabriel.." lol the people were like "drugs much?" haha... anyway, mrs. h our house mom was like "i really do believe he could have been one.." I totally missed the guy they were talking about, so i have no idea. But we do find out later that karen has 5 different psychological disorders. lol.. so umm not so sure now about that dude bein an angel.. BUT..

I do know a lady and if women can be angels, i really think she is one. She is so wise beyond this world, just completely filled with the holy spirit. And i feel like she could be one. Though she does have kids and all.

But so what do yall think? Do you think angels can be women? And do you think they KNOW they are angels??? ... ive always wondered that.

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think "Angels" are far more than "spiritual beings" Even though they do exist, the most common type of angel can be found in the True Church.. By actual definition Angels are messengers, anyone who carries God's message on their lips is an angel.. This includes women as well.. Just look at all of the "Angelic" support that can be found just on this site.. Some of the most wise, helpful and compassionate advise given here are from women..

also know as foolish as it would be to hold up, worship, or "set apart" any of us or our efforts, for merely delivering God's message, so to would it be foolish for any of us to worship, hold up or "set apart" any of them or their efforts for just being the "Spiritual" versions of angelic beings. Save your praise and worship for the master, not for any of the efforts on his behalf, performed by men or spiritual being. After all it is God's Glory to which any of this is possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikki

Jul 20, 2006
Nevada
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Awesome question! I DO believe in angels, but in most ways I believe that they are supernatural and not human. I think that many people we meet for a minute, a season, or longer are filled with the Holy Spirit and they are sent to us by God for a reason, but that they are not angels. I think that angels are the Holy Spirit's assistants who guide us along the way.

OK..now to blow my own theory...9 years ago my precious puppy came our way and we named her Angel. I had lost a baby through miscarriage a few months before after years of attempts to become pregnant. I went into a deep depression. We moved into a new house and got our first baby..our baby German Shepherd. During the Christmas season, I went deeper into my sadness and even thought about taking my life. One night when my husband was at work, I went as far as taking a knife to my wrist. My baby girl..our puppy at the time, Angel, came and jumped up on my leg and looked straight into my eyes. I could not explain it exactly then and cannot now, but I DO know that she (or someone through her) was sent to stop me from doing what I was about to do.

Our beautiful baby boy through adoption was born a year to the day that our first baby would have been born. He'll turn 8 in February and he has been the joy of our lives. God's Angels are among us ...THAT is for sure!! :)

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOD'S WORD is quite specific in that we are not to add or take away from HIS WORD.

GOD'S WORD does address ANGLES and the importance of the messages you receive:

" Hebrews 2:

1. We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.

2. For if the message spoken by angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment,

3. how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.

4. God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. "

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

JESUS IS RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE AT!!! EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T SEE HIM!!!

( left click and hold over the above to see your personal message )

Upvote 0

SumMer87

Sep 13, 2008
✟7,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
also know as foolish as it would be to hold up, worship, or "set apart" any of us or our efforts, for merely delivering God's message, so to would it be foolish for any of us to worship, hold up or "set apart" any of them or their efforts for just being the "Spiritual" versions of angelic beings. Save your praise and worship for the master, not for any of the efforts on his behalf, performed by men or spiritual being. After all it is God's Glory to which any of this is possible.

You seemed to have misunderstood, or maybe i misspoke. I do not worship anything above God. Jesus Christ is my Savior, and nothing could replace Him in my life. I do not worship the woman I mentioned could be an angel. That would be idoltry and also delussional because shes NOT god. I give her appropriate praise/compliments just as i would to any other human being. It is not bad to recognize virtues in others.

Mikki,

What a sweet story. I am sorry for the trouble you went through, but it seems your life has been touched by God, maybe through your dog and now your son. What a wonderful place to find God, when you least expect it!

Even if my friend/confidant/spiritual mentor is not angel, she does so much good. I do not know her life story, I don't know what she has done for work in the past, but i do know now that she doesn't "work" but every where she goes, she FINDS jobs. She has helped a huge church raise millions of dollars, and when I asked her about miracles, she said, yes i believe that was a miacle. Thats what makes me think she is one. I dont think she even goes to church anymore, but like i said, she FINDS jobs to do, and probably helps people more than by just sitting in a pew. Dont get me wrong, she sees the need for church (obviously, with how she helped the one church raise all that money) but she knows church is meaningless if your heart isnt in it, and she knows she could do good doing God's will elsewhere. What makes me wonder if she is one or not is her having grown children, and I have also had people tell me angels can only be males. (I realize you all see them as spiritual beings. I tend to agree, but there is nothing in Bible that shows yes or no to either idea). Whether, she is one, or not, I am so thankful for her. And thank God for people like her.

If anyone else has stories, I would be interested in knowing about them... I love seeing peoples ideas on this kind of thing..

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You seemed to have misunderstood, or maybe i misspoke. I do not worship anything above God. Jesus Christ is my Savior, and nothing could replace Him in my life. I do not worship the woman I mentioned could be an angel. That would be idoltry and also delussional because shes NOT god. I give her appropriate praise/compliments just as i would to any other human being. It is not bad to recognize virtues in others.

I have found when speaking to people here, it is always best to error on the side of caution. Even though your comments didnot seem fanatical or "Inappropriate" Others who's religious beliefs may support this type of behavior may have read something thing differently into what you left in your OP.

My Original intent was to explain that "Messengers" are just that, and it doesn't matter who gives the message (Spiritual or corporeal) That what was or is important isn't the one who delivered the message, or the one who sent it, but what we do with the message.

CF has alot of people who fear demons, and love angels more than they should, it is to those people did I write. If you aren't truly one of them then I do apologize, but other than a few paragraphs on your fascination about this subject, how else am I to know where your heart stands? That's why I didn't address your situation specifically.. I just left a few universal truths about this subject, as I understand them. and left the reader (any reader) to apply as or if necessary.

Upvote 0

Prizm

Oct 25, 2008
✟8,052.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
There is no mention of female angels anywhere in the Bible. Every angel mention in scripture is referred to in the male gender. God is spirit, yes, but God is referred to in the masculine sense every time. HE sent HIS SON to die for us so that we can come before God the FATHER. The analogy of God being our heavenly father is consistent throughout scripture.

Angels mentioned in the Bible have always been referred to in the male sense, and many times carry out soldier-like duties. They guard with flaming swords (Eden); one fought with Jacob; the angel Michael helped another angel fight with the demonic prince of Persia on the way to seeing Daniel.

Angels are not little babies with wings, as portrayed in pop culture. They are not to be messed with. John fell in bewilderment at the feet of an angel twice in Revelation, and the angel warned him that he should worship God only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no mention of female angels anywhere in the Bible. Every angel mention in scripture is referred to in the male gender. God is spirit, yes, but God is referred to in the masculine sense every time. HE sent HIS SON to die for us so that we can come before God the FATHER. The analogy of God being our heavenly father is consistent throughout scripture.

Angels mentioned in the Bible have always been referred to in the male sense, and many times carry out soldier-like duties. They guard with flaming swords (Eden); one fought with Jacob; the angel Michael helped another angel fight with the demonic prince of Persia on the way to seeing Daniel.

Angels are not little babies with wings, as portrayed in pop culture. They are not to be messed with. John fell in bewilderment at the feet of an angel twice in Revelation, and the angel warned him that he should worship God only.

Zechariah 5

5 Then the angel who was speaking to me came forward and said to me, "Look up and see what this is that is appearing."

6 I asked, "What is it?" He replied, "It is a measuring basket. " And he added, "This is the iniquity of the people throughout the land."
7 Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman!
8 He said, "This is wickedness," and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed the lead cover down over its mouth.
9 Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.
10 "Where are they taking the basket?" I asked the angel who was speaking to me.
11 He replied, "To the country of Babylonia to build a house for it. When it is ready, the basket will be set there in its place."

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Upvote 0

ww2pigeon

Jul 21, 2008
Michigan
✟7,917.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I believe that there are angles at work here on earth. I believe God works thought people and use them as Angles. And I believe that those who have disorders if they truly are in Gods word and trying to live their life for Christ have angles guiding them along the way. Althrough they don't call them angles, they say it was God, they have a very BIG GOD, Bless their souls.
I know a few functioning mentally ill people that have found themselves in some very scary situation and they know that an angle of God step in and prevented the situation from worsting. Some say they come out of the blue, so to speak. And you know what? I believe them, because I believe God would do that. I believe God helps those who cannot help themselves.
I myself have had some very awesome God moments, that I can honestly say God was doing for me what I could not do for myself. Do I have a lot of them NO? But for some of us at dark times in our lives, when all other lights go out and the only light left on is Christ. And He stands beside you and carries you and nourishes you, till we are healed and can move forward on your own. And with a God like that how can you not believe Him. Thank you God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iamjcs

Dec 19, 2005
NE Alabama
✟2,345.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
There are definately angels.

We've had several encounters, below is just 1.

One time Mom & I were the only ones home when my brother walked in, passed the laundry room, to the kitchen door, backed up & did a double take.
He could have sworn someone was in the laundry room, but Mom & I were both in the kitchen & there was nobody else home.

:holy:

Upvote 0

Zebra1552

Urban Nomad. Literally.
Nov 2, 2007
Freezing, America
✟26,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"The footprints of an angel are love, and where there is love, miraculous things can happen. I've seen it."
Angels in the Outfield (1994)

I do think angels exist. While I can't see them, I can tell that they are there. I work with kids, and it seems every day there is an angel coming alongside each one to help them do more than they are 'capable of' for their age. I also have seen God's work in my own life. If it's not angels, then it's God himself.

Upvote 0

SumMer87

Sep 13, 2008
✟7,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"The footprints of an angel are love, and where there is love, miraculous things can happen. I've seen it."
Angels in the Outfield (1994)

I do think angels exist. While I can't see them, I can tell that they are there. I work with kids, and it seems every day there is an angel coming alongside each one to help them do more than they are 'capable of' for their age. I also have seen God's work in my own life. If it's not angels, then it's God himself.

Truly... God is alive and working actively- the idea of angels is just the way God chooses to reveal Himself. You know, I still wish God was as present as He was in the Old Testament, but at the same time, from the stories I've heard from Christian brothers and sisters from all over- not to mention this site, you can't deny God's presence in our world today.

And yes, kids are absolutely precious-- one of the things i can do with my major is teach... so i am really considering it :)

Upvote 0

Prizm

Oct 25, 2008
✟8,052.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Zechariah 5
5 Then the angel who was speaking to me came forward and said to me, "Look up and see what this is that is appearing."
6 I asked, "What is it?" He replied, "It is a measuring basket. " And he added, "This is the iniquity of the people throughout the land."
7 Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman!
8 He said, "This is wickedness," and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed the lead cover down over its mouth.
9 Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.
10 "Where are they taking the basket?" I asked the angel who was speaking to me.
11 He replied, "To the country of Babylonia to build a house for it. When it is ready, the basket will be set there in its place."

I am aware of the vision that an angel showed Zechariah. But that's just it - a vision, which usually implies symbolism. Zechariah has no problem referring to the angel next to him as an "angel", however he does not once call those women in the vision "angels".
The angel with Zechariah called the woman in the basket "Wickedness", so there is symbolism involved right off the cuff, just like in most visions in the Bible.

Yes, those two women had wings, but what's strange is that Zechariah said the wings were like a stork, which is referred to as an unclean bird (Deut. 14:12-18).

Whenever we read of a person in scripture that is directly called an "angel", they are in male form.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing strange here. There is no connotation of the type of women here. When the stork is referred to as unclean it only pertains to the eating of the bird.

Sometimes the wings of a stork are used to portray strong flight, as in the vision of Zechariah

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Upvote 0

anonymousAdviser

Oct 17, 2006
✟8,057.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Does everyone believe in angels??? I know I do... i love the idea of them, and i just know God has his "helpers" up there. And it does say in the Bible we are entertaining angels- we may not even know.

Ok so one time the family i was living with at the time, and this girl who lived with us, we all went to go get ice cream one night and watch a movie. So at the ice cream store karen the girl claimed the ice cream server was an... angel. lol she went outside and said "theres an angel in there, i think his name is Gabriel.." lol the people were like "drugs much?" haha... anyway, mrs. h our house mom was like "i really do believe he could have been one.." I totally missed the guy they were talking about, so i have no idea. But we do find out later that karen has 5 different psychological disorders. lol.. so umm not so sure now about that dude bein an angel.. BUT..

I do know a lady and if women can be angels, i really think she is one. She is so wise beyond this world, just completely filled with the holy spirit. And i feel like she could be one. Though she does have kids and all.

But so what do yall think? Do you think angels can be women? And do you think they KNOW they are angels??? ... ive always wondered that.

Uhm. No.

The verse speaks of strangers being potentially angels, like homeless stranger you take in or something. Not some mother of five you happen to know that is smart.

Angels are angels... servants of God. (Well, except the dark ones.)

Anything an angel does is under command of God.

But as for this friend having "five different disorders", modern psychiatry really seems to be preying on kids these days. They get a lot of money for preying on kids with some problems, frankly. Not all do this by any means, but it is sick. And then they pump them full of dangerous drugs with side effects like "causes psychosis".

These sorts of hurtful labels can stay with kids for a long time and feed into the idea that they have some sort of real mental disorder, whereas if they lived in poorer countries or a hundred a fifty years ago they would be "magically" fine.

Upvote 0

anonymousAdviser

Oct 17, 2006
✟8,057.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing strange here. There is no connotation of the type of women here. When the stork is referred to as unclean it only pertains to the eating of the bird.

Sometimes the wings of a stork are used to portray strong flight, as in the vision of Zechariah

<snip>

Yes, angels are male, invariably... and can even fall into temptation over women.

There are multiple scriptures on this... from asking women to cover their heads in church, to Genesis and Jude on the fallen ones...

Upvote 0

anonymousAdviser

Oct 17, 2006
✟8,057.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There are definately angels.

We've had several encounters, below is just 1.

One time Mom & I were the only ones home when my brother walked in, passed the laundry room, to the kitchen door, backed up & did a double take.
He could have sworn someone was in the laundry room, but Mom & I were both in the kitchen & there was nobody else home.

:holy:

I don't see any purpose for an angel doing that.

I have definitely met angels posing as homeless people when I used to take literal the suggestion to bring the homeless poor into my home. Angels can pose as anyone, however... not just the homeless poor. Hence, anything is capable. They also have a lot of power to change things.

But, we serve God. God sometimes sends His servants to help us in our ministry for Christ. Our struggles are linked to theirs, but of such things we know very little.

Upvote 0