Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think we misunderstand a lot of the Bible, and in order to have strong mountain moving faith, one must be fully convinced in his heart.

This passage says that if we do this, God will do that
So if we do this and dont see "that" then what?
Does that mean that He didn't "really" mean what He said?

Here's the passage (and those others about praying for sick) in question
for this thread's topic

Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; 15and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.16Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

God said to do this, so what can we conclude if we do this and the healing does not come?

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think we misunderstand a lot of the Bible, and in order to have strong mountain moving faith, one must be fully convinced in his heart.

This passage says that if we do this, God will do that
So if we do this and dont see "that" then what?
Does that mean that He didn't "really" mean what He said?

Here's the passage (and those others about praying for sick) in question
for this thread's topic

Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; 15and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.16Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

God said to do this, so what can we conclude if we do this and the healing does not come?

I would conclude that we should not judge a persons faith by whether they are healed or not, because it would mean our own faith is weak as well, because if our faith was so strong then we could pray for the sick and they would be healed. I am not healed of everything, but i find that hanging all that on the cross helps me to endure any hardship. When i look at healing, i may look down toward the ground, and beat my chest, saying God forgive me a sinner, but at least i still have Gods grace, and hope in the redemption of my body which will come after the resurrection. Maybe i dont have faith that moves mountains, but i do have hope in a new Jerusalem, and a new body. Nothing can separate me from Gods love through Christ, neither death or life, or sickness, famine, peril or sword. I'm dead already, im just waiting for the resurrection. My only concern is to live in holiness and to walk in love, and i still have much growing to do in that. That's the only life i have left on earth.

Revelation 8:8 Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. 9 And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Colossians 3:3 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would conclude that we should not judge a persons faith by whether they are healed or not, because it would mean our own faith is weak as well, because if our faith was so strong then we could pray for the sick and they would be healed. I am not healed of everything, but i find that hanging all that on the cross helps me to endure any hardship. When i look at healing, i may look down toward the ground, and beat my chest, saying God forgive me a sinner, but at least i still have Gods grace, and hope in the redemption of my body which will come after the resurrection. Maybe i dont have faith that moves mountains, but i do have hope in a new Jerusalem, and a new body. Nothing can separate me from Gods love through Christ, neither death or life, or sickness, famine, peril or sword. I'm dead already, im just waiting for the resurrection. My only concern is to live in holiness and to walk in love, and i still have much growing to do in that. That's the only life i have left on earth.

Revelation 8:8 Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. 9 And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Colossians 3:3 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
Can you answer the question though?
What can we conclude if God says one thing and we experience another?

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As far as going to Church for healing goes, that's not needed for people who are filled with the spirit. They need only speak the word, and their faith will heal the sick.

Mathew 8:8 The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you answer the question though?
What can we conclude if God says one thing and we experience another?

Sorry, i did notice that i forgot to answer that, i addressed it in my last post, if i understand the question correctly.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As far as going to Church for healing goes, that's not needed for people who are filled with the spirit. They need only speak the word, and their faith will heal the sick.

Mathew 8:8 The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.
Okay, thank you, but what if I were sick, I to the church as Scripture dictates, they lay hands on me,.. and nothing happens. No healing takes place.
What do you think that means.
Do you think it means that He lied?
Do you think it could be "my" fault for being in unforgiveness.
Could it be my lack of faith, ?
Does the Bible give us any clues?
Or should we just say, "oh well, bummer, better luck next time"?
I'm just asking for your opinion. I have my own as well.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I agree that one doesn't have to be in a church to be healed. :priest:
For me, it did happen that way, but I have also prayed for folks outside of the
church building and watched God's Word manifest, in that they were healed by His
Words spoken by me or others. :groupray:

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay, thank you, but what if I were sick, I to the church as Scripture dictates, they lay hands on me,.. and nothing happens. No healing takes place.
What do you think that means.
Do you think it means that He lied?
Do you think it could be "my" fault for being in unforgiveness.
Could it be my lack of faith, ?
Does the Bible give us any clues?
Or should we just say, "oh well, bummer, better luck next time"?
I'm just asking for your opinion. I have my own as well.

I think we should follow the apostles example. They were content in any situation, whether full or hungry. They didn't allow worldly things like healing to define their faith. Their faith was to look toward heaven, not earthly things. Look at Job, he was tested by Satan, to see if he would forsake his faith in God, but Job didn't. He endured and he kept his hope in God, even if it killed him. James teaches us to follow Jobs example. Ultimately though our restoration is in heaven not earth, and we are not looking for an earthly restoration like Job did, but instead its the redemption of our body after resurrection that we hope for, not in this life. We look for a city to come, not an earthly city, and a new body to come, not this old corrupted one. We are dead and our life is hidden with Christ in Heaven.

Romans 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's what it means to be a mature believer. To be content in all situations, to live for Christ and not ourselves. To look toward heaven, not earthly things. To walk in love, not the flesh. Because, to be carnally minded is death.

Philippians 3:12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule,[a] let us be of the same mind.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree that one doesn't have to be in a church to be healed. :priest:
For me, it did happen that way, but I have also prayed for folks outside of the
church building and watched God's Word manifest, in that they were healed by His
Words spoken by me or others. :groupray:

Well then, may i suggest that you go to the prayer forums and heal those folks who are asking for prayer? Why debate when you can heal instead?

Nobody wants to endure illness, and its not like they want to believe they must endure. So if you can heal then go to the prayer forums. Perhaps you can turn prayer requests into praise reports.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well then, may i suggest that you go to the prayer forums and heal those folks who are asking for prayer? Why debate when you can heal instead?

Nobody wants to endure illness, and its not like they want to believe they must endure. So if you can heal then go to the prayer forums. Perhaps you can turn prayer requests into praise reports.
We can all pray for healing. We all have the Spirit of God.
I'm no Mother Theresa, but thank you for the suggestion.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think we should follow the apostles example.
Why would we follow their example?
We're told to be "As Christ" in this world.
The Apostles were chastised by Jesus for lack of faith
I begged Your disciples to cast it out, and they could not." 41And Jesus answered and said, "You unbelieving and perverted generation, how long shall I be with you and put up with you? Bring your son here."​

Their faith was to look toward heaven, not earthly things.
And healing is not an "earthly" thing.

Look at Job, he was tested by Satan, to see if he would forsake his faith in God, but Job didn't. He endured and he kept his hope in God, even if it killed him. James teaches us to follow Jobs example. Ultimately though our restoration is in heaven not earth, and we are not looking for an earthly restoration like Job did, but instead its the redemption of our body after resurrection that we hope for, not in this life. We look for a city to come, not an earthly city, and a new body to come, not this old corrupted one. We are dead and our life is hidden with Christ in Heaven.
WE??
YOU may not look for the hope of healing on earth.
I most certainly do hope for and expect physical healing on earth.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why would we follow their example?
We're told to be "As Christ" in this world.
The Apostles were chastised by Jesus for lack of faith
I begged Your disciples to cast it out, and they could not." 41And Jesus answered and said, "You unbelieving and perverted generation, how long shall I be with you and put up with you? Bring your son here."​

Sister, Im referring to following the apostles example after they wrote scripture, not when they were still learning from Christ. This is what Paul teaches us. I should think that you would be aware of that.

1 Co 2:6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sister, Im referring to following the apostles example after they wrote scripture, not when they were still learning from Christ. This is what Paul teaches us. I should think that you would be aware of that.
Guess I'm just dumb :D LOL

Anyhow, you want to follow the Apostles example, great!
Here's one!
17 And these signs will follow those who believe:
In My name they will cast out demons;
they will speak with new tongues;
18 they will take up serpents;
and if they drink anything deadly,
it will by no means hurt them;

they will lay hands on the sick,
and they will recover.”

Do you follow this one?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ne sense debating the topic of healing when you have such great faith that can heal. If i had such great faith i would just go pray and heal people, and let that do the talking for me.
We are ALL given such authority.
I'm one person. Don't be silly :help:
And by the way, I do pray and I do lay hands on people.
I am a multi faceted person ^_^

Upvote 0

Pamelav

Child of God.
Apr 9, 2012
Usa
✟11,247.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I heard that the word 'sick' here actually refers to a spiritual sickness, which actually would be in context to where it says 'and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.' I guess one would have to do a Greek word study on this to see what it really says. I am not familiar with doing that.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guess I'm just dumb :D LOL

Anyhow, you want to follow the Apostles example, great!
Here's one!
17 And these signs will follow those who believe:
In My name they will cast out demons;
they will speak with new tongues;
18 they will take up serpents;
and if they drink anything deadly,
it will by no means hurt them;

they will lay hands on the sick,
and they will recover.”

Do you follow this one?
I think I understand it, is that what you mean by "follow"?
I follow instructions, but they need to be pretty explicit because I too, am pretty dumb.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think I understand it, is that what you mean by "follow"?
I follow instructions, but they need to be pretty explicit because I too, am pretty dumb.
He always says he wants to follow the Apostles examples, I wondered if this is one of
the examples he likes to follow.
And... you're messing with me!
LOL
:holy:

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Nov 10, 2006
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I heard that the word 'sick' here actually refers to a spiritual sickness, which actually would be in context to where it says 'and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.' I guess one would have to do a Greek word study on this to see what it really says. I am not familiar with doing that.
Hi Pamelav. Good to meet you.
I have heard that too.
And I don't believe it.

Is anyone among you sick?
Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him,
anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord...

He is able to let us know when He means sinning
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and
to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.10If we say that we have not sinned,
we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

So it really says that if you're sick, God will raise you up, AND "IF" you have any
sin, He'll forgive you.
Not sure if the "and" is in the greek, but if so, then it makes it even clearer.
Thanks for the post!

Upvote 0