Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My favorite minister John Hagee predicted that we could "kiss this country goodbye" if gay marriage became the law of the land. I can't disagree with him.

I firmly believe that we should follow Christ's instructions in Luke 10:2 to pray for more people to be anointed by The Holy Spirit so that our faith and prayers might temper or postpone God's righteous indignation with our country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[serious];63420365 said:
It seems to have been decided in part on a states rights line too. only marriages recognized by the states are applicable and states can continue refusing to recognize SSM from other states ACW section 2 of DOMA

Because that wasn't part of the suit. This ruling could mean the ability to challenge section 2 in the future. There's some fairly strong language in there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.