Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Modern crocodiles are known for their sprawling four-legged gait, but this Cretaceous crocodilian walked on two legs as it prowled prehistoric shores, as evidenced by well-preserved footprints it left behind.

This remarkable trace fossil, called Batrachopus grandis, was discovered at the Sacheon Jahye-ri tracksite in South Korea, which dates back to around 110 million to 120 million years ago. As shown by its footprints, this animal featured distinctly crocodile-like hind feet, yet it left no trace of its forelimbs or a dragging tail, leading an international team of researchers to conclude that the creature that left these tracks was a bipedal crocodilian. This research was published today in Scientific Reports.

Crocodilians, as the name suggests, refer to a diverse group of crocodile-like creatures, to which modern crocodiles and alligators are descended. The animal that left these tracks, however, was very un-crocodile-like in that it resembles bipedal theropod dinosaurs, with their long hind legs and narrow gait. Modern crocodiles, by contrast, feature short legs and leave behind wide trackways when they walk.

Continued below.
Ancient Two-Legged Crocodile Left Behind These Awesome Footprints

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually the tracks were left in the mud during one of the stages of Noahs flood as presented in the Bible.
Would you like me to add the article to some other forum? I thought about putting it in Life Sciences too.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Would you like me to add the article to some other forum? I thought about putting it in Life Sciences too.

I personally have no problem with it here.

I've noticed some Catholics tend to lean towards Old Earthism and use articles like the one you presented to support the position...disregarding what the bible says about creation and the flood.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I've noticed some Catholics tend to lean towards Old Earthism and use articles like the one you presented to support the position...disregarding what the bible says about creation and the flood.
I posted it out of interest. Not any particular position.:)

Reactions: -57
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,756.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Thing is, the Bible is very much misunderstood and misinterpreted when it comes to creation ;)

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thing is, the Bible is very much misunderstood and misinterpreted when it comes to creation ;)

There's a lot to be said on this topic...we can argue how long a day was, was the flood local, etc....but the grounding point come to....if the earth is as old as the article from the OP suggested..and evolutionism caused our existence....and to keep it on a theological level....when, where, why and how did mankind fall....original sin.
I know what Genesis says...but those that turn Genesis into an allegorical story can't answer the question ....when, where, why and how did mankind fall?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,756.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There's a lot to be said on this topic...we can argue how long a day was, was the flood local, etc....but the grounding point come to....if the earth is as old as the article from the OP suggested..and evolutionism caused our existence....and to keep it on a theological level....when, where, why and how did mankind fall....original sin.
I know what Genesis says...but those that turn Genesis into an allegorical story can't answer the question ....when, where, why and how did mankind fall?

God knows though.

One has to read Genesis with an open mind. Many parts of scripture are not meant to be taken literally. Its not a history book. It is not meant to be read as a thorough explanation of creation.

All i know is that at the end of the day, all that matters is that we follow and believe in Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0