Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Jungle Cruise was closed down of Friday :(
My family stayed for Fantasmic, and I still love it, just like I did when I was smaller :) I haven't seen it in sooo long. And what was really cool is that there were nuns (missionaries of some sort...I think they were on a break of some sort) praying the Liturgy of the Hours while they were waiting for the show to start :)

Upvote 0

Z_Spool

Beach bum, lost in desert... more at 11...
Nov 8, 2003
the (951) *boo*hiss*
Visit site
✟903.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
hehe, Yeah.. Jungle's closed till may.:cry: Fantasmic isn't running a full show. (missing show elements) Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters is cool... interactive lazer tag-esque ride. but yeah... Pooh's definately the laughing stock of the park. hehe... I mean come one... he has hollucinations of himself flying off into the air.. and the colors! Wow... yeah we've thourougly laid into the crew there about their attraciont... they hate it but I mean come on! So when are you coming down Sweetlambofgod?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Z_Spool

Nov 8, 2003
the (951) *boo*hiss*
Visit site
✟903.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
As long as you're "Disney Material" and You've got good standing work experience beforehand it's not that hard... but that goes with any Job Really... but it's harder to keep one there than elsewhere. For the first 120 Days your Employment is probationary... meaning they can terminate your employment, while giving you any or no reasoning at all. but if you can make it... it's worth it. Sure... DOSH makes us balance balls on our noses and juggle children while watching for Parade floats careening out of control, (exaggerating in case you couldn't tell) but hey.. IMO it's worth it.

I may not be there when you are... me and my Fam are going to Florida for a few days then driving up the coast to NYC in mid-Jul.

Nothing wrong with pooh, as a character... but the ride is 1.5 mins of a Freak-out. (sorry... 70's Reference) Imagine if these little pay people:groupray:started spinning at about 5000 RPMs and bouncing off the walls of your room. that's pretty much what it's like... but without the praying part.

Upvote 0
Mar 19, 2004
Canada
✟43,750.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Z_Spool said:
As long as you're "Disney Material" and You've got good standing work experience beforehand it's not that hard... but that goes with any Job Really... but it's harder to keep one there than elsewhere. For the first 120 Days your Employment is probationary... meaning they can terminate your employment, while giving you any or no reasoning at all. but if you can make it... it's worth it. Sure... DOSH makes us balance balls on our noses and juggle children while watching for Parade floats careening out of control, (exaggerating in case you couldn't tell) but hey.. IMO it's worth it.

I may not be there when you are... me and my Fam are going to Florida for a few days then driving up the coast to NYC in mid-Jul.

Nothing wrong with pooh, as a character... but the ride is 1.5 mins of a Freak-out. (sorry... 70's Reference) Imagine if these little pay people:groupray:started spinning at about 5000 RPMs and bouncing off the walls of your room. that's pretty much what it's like... but without the praying part.

I am so going on the Pooh ride and you're coming with me :D You have to be there when we come, July 2-7 I think, cuz I really want to meet you. Besides running rides what other jobs are available? Any with children?

Upvote 0

Z_Spool

Nov 8, 2003
the (951) *boo*hiss*
Visit site
✟903.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah... there's everything available... everything from Guest relations, to Store Operations, to Entertainment... everything's broken up into It's own division, and for Entertainment/Character work, you'd have to Audition... I'll be there on the 2-7 but you're not taking me on pooh... once is enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Mar 19, 2004
Canada
✟43,750.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Z_Spool said:
Yeah... there's everything available... everything from Guest relations, to Store Operations, to Entertainment... everything's broken up into It's own division, and for Entertainment/Character work, you'd have to Audition... I'll be there on the 2-7 but you're not taking me on pooh... once is enough.

What kind fo jobs are available with kids? You don't love me enough to go on Pooh :cry: Oh I was going to as you, are you going to Harvest 2005?

Upvote 0

Z_Spool

Nov 8, 2003
the (951) *boo*hiss*
Visit site
✟903.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, I'm not Disney freak. Anyways... like I said if you like being around kids, the whole park is filled with them. It just depends on how much interaction you want to have with them... and in what way? Would you want to be a character? lots of kids... lots of smiles... but also lots of parents shoving their kids next to you for "just one more" picture, while you're trying to make it backstage for your break... or in order to get off the street in time for the parade. or you could be in the parades/shows and then kids everywhere... just no contact/direct interaction. like I said... it all depends on how much... and what kind of interaction you want... A lot of it also depends on how willing you are to interact with kids. A lot of the people I work with interact with kids as little as possible, and then once their break comes they take off backstage away from the guests and kids... i on the other hand like to spen time answering questions if possible, and making those "magical moments" for the kids while they're waiting in line or waiting for the rest of the group to do a rider switch because they're too small... or because it's their birthday... or... just because. It all depends on your willingness to put yourself out there as an example not only as a christian but as a Diney employee.

Upvote 0