Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In Revelation 5, Jesus was worthy to take the end of the age book (scroll), and in Revelation 6, Jesus began removing the seals. This chart is an overview of the chapters pertaining to the end of the age. I patterned my chart after the chart that @Marilyn C made of her own, in her thread - "An Overview of the Tribulation".

the end of the age scroll.jpg

Last edited:

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Revelation 5, Jesus was worthy to take the end of the age book (scroll), and in Revelation 6, Jesus began removing the seals. This chart is an overview of the chapters pertaining to the end of the age. I patterned my chart after the chart that @Marilyn C made of her own, in her thread - "An Overview of the Tribulation".

View attachment 336046
Consider that the entire volume is the scroll = seven seals.
The 7th seal contains the seven trumpets.
The 7th trumpet contains the seven bowls. (And, therefore, are also in the 7th seal.)
2023-09-12_202111.jpg

So you can see how everything happening in seven trumps and bowls are in the 7th seal. And everything happening in the bowls are in the seventh trump and in the seventh seal.
I have been wanting to do a study on if and where the events of the, say, 4th bowl might be referred to in the seventh seal and /or the seventh trumpet because the 4th bowl (like all the bowls) are happening in the 7th sounding and the 7th seal.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Consider that the entire volume is the scroll = seven seals.
The 7th seal contains the seven trumpets.
The 7th trumpet contains the seven bowls. (And, therefore, are also in the 7th seal.)
View attachment 336091

So you can see how everything happening in seven trumps and bowls are in the 7th seal. And everything happening in the bowls are in the seventh trump and in the seventh seal.
I have been wanting to do a study on if and where the events of the, say, 4th bowl might be referred to in the seventh seal and /or the seventh trumpet because the 4th bowl (like all the bowls) are happening in the 7th sounding and the 7th seal.
Your chart I think is correct as far as how things are presented in Revelation, that particular order.

But the chart structure is not the actual order the events, how they will occure across the seven year span. For that, it is necessary to develope a timeline.

Upvote 0

Tigger Boy

Jun 12, 2023
Chapin, SC
✟19,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Douggg. The title of your thread is, "An overview of the end of age book, (scroll) of Revelation."
You then post the chapters of Rev., as they address the seals which must be opened before the contents of the scroll is know, and the trumpets and so forth. However, you make no mention of the nature of the contents within the book.

Have you any idea of why the Father wrote the book, the nature of it's content, and why He sealed it with seven seals?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Douggg. The title of your thread is, "An overview of the end of age book, (scroll) of Revelation."
You then post the chapters of Rev., as they address the seals which must be opened before the contents of the scroll is know, and the trumpets and so forth. However, you make no mention of the nature of the contents within the book.

Have you any idea of why the Father wrote the book, the nature of it's content, and why He sealed it with seven seals?
The Bible from Genesis to Revelation, Satan has set himself against God.

So why was the end of the age book sealed with seven seals?

We can see that throughout the bible God works in units of seven, such that seven is considered the divine number, it seems.

In a nutshell, the book was sealed because God did not want Satan to be knowledgeable about the end of the age events - until after the resurrection of Jesus. And Revelation was given to John near the end of John life. That is what it goes back to.... why so?

Because in 1Corthinans2:7-8, we read ...

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

...Satan and his angels sought to have Jesus crucified - so that the kingdom of God could not be established over the nations, and replace their kingdom, called Babylon the Great in Revelation.

Little did they realize that by the crucifixion of Christ, it enabled God to justly forgive man for his sins, and receive eternal life. And thereby, God in equal justice, judge and destroy Satan and his angels for all their evil and sins - without having to, in equal justice, destroy mankind as well. In Christ, we are justified.

Even the disciples did not understand, until after resurrection; the mystery was hidden from them, and everyone as well.

In Luke 18:31-24.

31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

So why was the book sealed until after resurrection and near the end of John's life ? Because secrecy was a key element in God's plan to destroy Satan and bring salvation to mankind, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

As it is written, God's ways are higher than ours ways, and God's thoughts higher than our thoughts. Isaiah 55:9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tigger Boy

Jun 12, 2023
Chapin, SC
✟19,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So why was the book sealed until after resurrection and near the end of John's life ? Because secrecy was a key element in God's plan to destroy Satan and bring salvation to mankind, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
Douggg, I believe our all knowing Father, foreknew before creating any, angles and mankind that fallen angles and man, would be destroyed, and the righteous angels and man would be given eternal life, through faith In Christ. The angels were made aware that they would be destroyed should they choose to be disobedient to God. Since they refused to worship Michael/The Angel of the Lord,( Second member of the God head, latter Jesus) living in the form of a angel, they were cast out of heaven, to be destroyed at the end of sins drama. (Rev. 20) Adam and Eve were told by Michael/The Angel of the Lord, living in the form of an angel still, that should they eat from the tree of knowledge, both good and evil, they would die the very same day. (Gen. 2:16,17) However, Michael/The angel of the Lord, stepped in between the destroying angel, and Adam, because unlike the angels they were no defiant in their rebellion, thus the Father has made salvation possible to man, by offering His Son, Jesus/ living in the form of man, who has lived a sinless life and died the second death, which is the penalty for sin.

To believe a loving God would keep all this secret until after the resurrection of Christ would put all who lived prior to the unsealing of the book/scroll, as you understand it, without any knowledge of eternal life or death. The way I understand God is far more just that the way you do.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Douggg, I believe our all knowing Father, foreknew before creating any, angles and mankind that fallen angles and man, would be destroyed, and the righteous angels and man would be given eternal life, through faith In Christ. The angels were made aware that they would be destroyed should they choose to be disobedient to God. Since they refused to worship Michael/The Angel of the Lord,( Second member of the God head, latter Jesus) living in the form of a angel, they were cast out of heaven, to be destroyed at the end of sins drama. (Rev. 20) Adam and Eve were told by Michael/The Angel of the Lord, living in the form of an angel still, that should they eat from the tree of knowledge, both good and evil, they would die the very same day. (Gen. 2:16,17) However, Michael/The angel of the Lord, stepped in between the destroying angel, and Adam, because unlike the angels they were no defiant in their rebellion, thus the Father has made salvation possible to man, by offering His Son, Jesus/ living in the form of man, who has lived a sinless life and died the second death, which is the penalty for sin.

To believe a loving God would keep all this secret until after the resurrection of Christ would put all who lived prior to the unsealing of the book/scroll, as you understand it, without any knowledge of eternal life or death. The way I understand God is far more just that the way you do.
Satan sinned and then beguiled Eve and consequently Adam to sin. Did Eve rebut Satan, to say "no will not be as gods? Did she rebut Satan's accusation that God was hiding such a thing? No, she did neither. If you want to say she was naive because of her innocence, that I could agree with.

God knew before He created everything what would happen, and planned His means of salvation and redemption of man before the world was even created.

God in His great and passionate mercy made it possible for man to not reap the eternal consequences of sin because -

Jonh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So we are saved because of God's great love. And it is by mercy and grace, not earned, nor deserving, that we are saved.

God's justice is a different facet of God, I think you may be confusing with love, mercy, grace - the basis of salvation.

----------------------------------------------------
God is just.

If Satan sinned and man sinned - would they not in justice both be equally condemned. Do them in Revelation 20, the great white throne judgment, who's names are not found in the book of life, cast into a different lake of fire, than Satan will be? No, because God is equally just.

Blessed are we, because God is also great in love and mercy. By which, He sent his only begotten Son to die on the cross for us, that we may be forgiven of our sins and receive eternal life.

Upvote 0

Tigger Boy

Jun 12, 2023
Chapin, SC
✟19,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Satan sinned and then beguiled Eve and consequently Adam to sin. Did Eve rebut Satan, to say "no will not be as gods? Did she rebut Satan's accusation that God was hiding such a thing? No, she did neither. If you want to say she was naive because of her innocence, that I could agree with.

God knew before He created everything what would happen, and planned His means of salvation and redemption of man before the world was even created.

God in His great and passionate mercy made it possible for man to not reap the eternal consequences of sin because -

Jonh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So we are saved because of God's great love. And it is by mercy and grace, not earned, nor deserving, that we are saved.

God's justice is a different facet of God, I think you may be confusing with love, mercy, grace - the basis of salvation.

----------------------------------------------------
God is just.

If Satan sinned and man sinned - would they not in justice both be equally condemned. Do them in Revelation 20, the great white throne judgment, who's names are not found in the book of life, cast into a different lake of fire, than Satan will be? No, because God is equally just.

Blessed are we, because God is also great in love and mercy. By which, He sent his only begotten Son to die on the cross for us, that we may be forgiven of our sins and receive eternal life.
Dougg, As I understand this post of yours we are in agreement that the Father had the plan of salvation worked out which included salvation for angels and mankind should they worship Him, and eternal death for those who choose not to. My issuue which prompted my earlier post was why you think the booked sealed with seven seals was kept secret until the time John wrote Rev., and after It was unsealed, Satin then understood that he and his angles would receive eternal death in the end. I don't understand your response to have addressed that issue.

How would such timing, as you perceive it, serve God's creation better than, if God were to inform Satin and his fallen angles in the beginning??? I see that as God not being transparent.

Too, how do you support your belief that Rev. 4&5, actually took place at Christ ascension?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand your response to have addressed that issue.
Satan has been opposing God ever since iniquity was found in him. Which was before God created the earth and all of creation on the earth.

God's plan to enact His eternal plan salvation of man from the fall to sin - that God knew was coming because of the workings of Satan, using the serpent beast, to get Adam and Eve to sin - was to out smart Satan of his own devices.

This is how God's plan worked....

At the time of Jesus, Satan did not want the kingdom of God to come to earth and take over. Satan was thinking that was what Jesus was about to do. So Satan sought to have Jesus killed, so it could not happen.

What Satan did not realize - because Revelation was not available, sealed up - was that Jesus would become the Lamb of God slain from the founding of the world (a title spoken of in Revelation). In other words, Jesus would be killed, and his death would serve as the sacrificial Lamb of God to make atonement for man's sins. That information was sealed up until after the resurrection.

Neither Satan, nor any of his angels, understood that because it was a hidden mystery, not understood by anyone - until after the resurrection.

You can read in Luke 24:44-48 when Jesus explained the mystery to disciples, after the resurrection.

So Satan, the spirit behind the crucifixion of Christ, accomplished what Satan thought would prevent the kingdom of God coming and replacing his own kingdom, Revelation calls Babylon the Great, as having dominion over the nations.

However, the death of Jesus on the cross was the basis for God's plan of salvation for mankind. Satan did not realize that. or else he would have never sought to have Jesus crucified.

Here, in 1 Corinthians2:7-8, Paul speaks about that mystery plan of God. And how the princes of this world (Satan and his angels) had not known about it aforehand, or else they would not have sought to have the Lord of Glory Jesus - crucified. Satan's actions backfired on him.

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Satan by his trickery in the garden of Eden duped man into sin. But by the love and grace of God, in Christ Jesus, man can now be free from the penalty of sin - which is eternal death on the Great White Throne judgment day. Satan, on the other hand, has already been judged, with the sentence still to be carried out. That is coming, as well as, the demise of Satan's spiritual kingdom of Babylon the Great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Too, how do you support your belief that Rev. 4&5, actually took place at Christ ascension?
That's not what I wrote nor believe. Revelation 4 begins with John experiencing being called up to heaven to be presented Revelation, the things he wrote about thereafter.

The "come up hither" voice sounding like a trumpet is what Christians who believe in the rapture are looking for to happen. Then we are gone from this world.

Upvote 0