• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

An interesting look at how the sausage is made.

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by stamperben, Jun 20, 2014.

1. stamperben

stamperben It's an old family tradition

+4,053
    Humanist
    Private
    How democracy works now

I'll try again 'cause I've been told I'm tenacious. (Or was that contentious?) Anyway, the third time's supposed to be a charm, right?
    For anyone interested in understanding how they might personally wield some influence in politics, the stories emerging from Cantor’s loss are a rich trove of insights. Particularly interesting is this piece in the Washington Post published by a young Democratic political volunteer. He helped organize a left-right collaboration between Democrats and Tea Party Republicans in Cantor’s district that gave Cantor’s challenger access to badly needed tactical resources.
    Do with it what you will, which if history here has any bearing, will be nothing.

And remember - Only wimps ignore strategies that work. ;)

Yes, I'm talking to you.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+6,682
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Yeah its amazingly common for opponents in the other party to help out the "weaker" or crazier candidate in the opponents primary to make the race easier on them.

3. KarateCowboy

KarateCowboy Classical liberal Supporter

+1,991
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    Indeed. We see this principle often. For example: Mahmoud Ahmadinijad, Kim Jung Il, Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez all endorsing Obama in his elections.

4. stamperben

+4,053
    Humanist
    Private
    Which has nothing to do with the topic in the OP.

5. KarateCowboy

+1,991
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    Sure it does. It's an IRL example of the principle in action.

6. theophilus777

theophilus777 Guest

+0
    ZING!!

7. stamperben

+4,053
    Humanist
    Private
    If any of y'all want to be serious about changing the political system here in the US, let me know.

8. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+6,187
    Lutheran
    Private
    Which means nothing considering a bunch of republicans just took sides with Putin over Obama. There are two possibilities: either they hate America or they hate Obama. I am sure which one it is.

These endorsements were shots taken at republicans. The world was quite tired of America's neocons destabilizing the world.

9. JustOneWay

+6,187
    Lutheran
    Private
    They want it changed - changed back to how it was when Ronnie was in charge.

10. theophilus777

theophilus777 Guest

+0
  11. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on... Supporter

+3,335
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    GOP Lifer again...

12. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+6,682
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Except none of them were running against him for president.

13. KarateCowboy

+1,991
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    TY
    You're right. North Korea has been saying that for some time. Iran, as well. Why, oh why do some of my countrymen walk, swim, and quack so much like our enemies that want us destroyed?

So? The author cited in the OP wasn't running for office either. "none of them were running against him for president" ... as if that changes anything.

All said, I think you can see the principle cited in the OP in a lot of our federal elections.

14. MachZer0

MachZer0 Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Which changes to the political system are you promoting here?

15. JustOneWay

+6,187
    Lutheran
    Private
    I am not sure to which of your countrymen you refer, but that has nothing to do with what I said.

I see Cheney is still defending his alleged 'criminal' acts even when people on Fox News have turned on him. I am sure he would be delighted to know that there are some who still defend him. I recall most every time any criticism was raised against Bush, his supporters would defend by attacking the patriotism of that person or group. I see little has changed.

16. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,091
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    If enough of us ignore it maybe it will go away. ^_^

17. LilLamb219

LilLamb219 The Lamb is gone Supporter

+1,737
    Christian
    Private
    MOD HAT ON

I've done a thread clean to remove posts that insulted or goaded other members. Please remember to NOT make your postings personal. Stick to the topic to avoid having this happen again. Thanks!

MOD HAT OFF