Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I was in the Airforce, I would often move around. God had a revival going around me towards those in cults or false religions. Those in power tried to get rid of the revival by transferring the leaders to other bases. But, we were smart enough to train others to take our places. And, God was great at bringing in new leaders to replace us.

Something I would do, is contact local newspaper religion sections, Christian Radio Stations, speak with local governments about posting signs like they do in elections and used bullet boards, both online and in stores or laundry mats. Usually, they would post a message that said something like, "tell me about your church" with a Post Office Box address. By the replies, I was led to churches most alive for evangelism outside their church walls.

Note: if a church insists on re-baptism, run because odds are they are not a growing church and have big problems with clicks or in group vs out groups, a Us vs the World mindset.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting.
I do disagree with the "run" from a church that wants re-baptism. Baptism has nothing to do with salvation but with the display that you are a true believer. (The Jews needed this... and after John the Baptist, it was outward proof to others that you were converted (as fakers would not dare)).

It merely means you are of the fellowship. (Yeah, though, there are churches that want it just to crank up their baptism numbers :( _)

I moved about extensively too, though not military...which is why I have experience in Baptist (Independent, Southern, Northern, Fellowship, etc) and Presbyterian (Reformed, PCUSA, EPC) and Methodist (UM)...

I am no longer looking I guess... waiting for one to find and welcome me?

be well.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Knowing what a scriptural assembly is will help one in seeking what God intends ---which is not as many seekers think. I recommend one visit the sound site at biblecounsel.net to see much of what a Bible-only fellowship is. One can ask questions there. We need to conform to God rather than invent churches. Look up always to know what pleases our God.

Upvote 0