Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you believe what the Bible says?
In Daniel 12:9-10, it states that a few people will understand God's plans for us Christians and for all of His Creation at the end of His decreed period for mankind's self government.
There are two ways for understanding to come; intensive study of the Prophetic Word and by a revelation from God. I believe it actually requires both. But God has given us a lot of information in His Book to us, it is a serious matter to ignore it.

It still has to be interpreted. That is where things start to go off the rails. There are as many interpretations as individuals. They can't all be the truth, but they could all be wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said it would be impossible for men to precisely calculate this ahead of time.(Matthew 24:36, Matthew 24:42, Matthew 24:44)
I don't obsess over it. Assume it could be today and live accordingly.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus said it would be impossible for men to precisely calculate this ahead of time.(Matthew 24:36, Matthew 24:42, Matthew 24:44)
I don't obsess over it. Assume it could be today and live accordingly.

Isn't it far more likely that I could be hit by a bus or suffer a deadly aneurysm today?

That motivates me to live accordingly in a far more concrete fashion than fantasizing about being whisked away into the sky at any moment.

But that's just me.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After seeing the board and the debates about people's personal endtimes predictions ,i've decided it might be time to make one myself.I'm not hear to argue or debate personal biblical interpretation but simply to state my own end time predictions based on my understanding of biblical prophecy.It will be interesting to see if anyone else shares my veiws.

1- President Donald Trump will increase millitary spending and will reward wounded military personel.
2-He will move the US embassy to Jerusalem.
3-During his presidency an army comprised of gentiles shall occupy Jerusalem for 42 months..
4-Israelis shall receive implantable microchips in their right hands or in their foreheads which shall be used for buying and selling..
5-The middle east shall be sticken with a major 3 1/2 year drought.
6-An innumerable army under the guidance of leader Ali Khomeini shall invade Jerusalem and take it and will seek to destroy every Israeli citizen .
7-President Trump will use nuclear weapons destroying much of the middle east.
8-Jesus comes and raises those of the first resurrection.
9-1000 years of peace for the saints begins.

Remember.I'm not here to argue or debate .Time will tell if my predictions are correct or not.

Is there anything wrong with Trump "rewarding" wounded military?

Needless to say it isn't Trump that does the rewarding but the military itself. What is wrong with a country compensating the people who were wounded protecting it?

Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
"...Finally, there is one aspect of end-times-obsession that many Christians overlook.

It discredits the Church.

Every time a Christian religious leader has set a hard date on the apocalypse, they’ve been wrong, and every time they’ve been wrong, the world sniggered at the Church.

We’re here to be ambassadors for God, and that means conducting ourselves in a way that brings Him glory, not disdain. Standing on street corners and handing out fiery predictions isn’t the way to bring others to God.

Read more at For Christians, the End Times Don't Matter

Reactions: Cowwy
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It still has to be interpreted. That is where things start to go off the rails. There are as many interpretations as individuals. They can't all be the truth, but they could all be wrong.
My point in Daniel 12:9-10, is that there WILL be some who get it right. Correct interpretation of the bible prophesies is, therefore, possible for a few. Certainly not all and not for those who have chosen to believe false doctrines. Isaiah 29:9-12

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
My point in Daniel 12:9-10, is that there WILL be some who get it right. Correct interpretation of the bible prophesies is, therefore, possible for a few. Certainly not all and not for those who have chosen to believe false doctrines. Isaiah 29:9-12

This assumes that Daniel is real prophecy. If it is not, then everyone will get it wrong.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Things go really bad very quickly, when humanity chooses to ignore God. It is evident that God's jealousy is aroused, primarily when man starts to serve the creature rather than God. The consequence of humanity ignoring God is the definition of lawlessness/rebellionousness.

Are we living in these days, that are globally unparalleled to anytime in the history of humankind?

You better believe it!

So what next?

Destruction comes from above.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This assumes that Daniel is real prophecy. If it is not, then everyone will get it wrong.
Pessimist!
At Jesus' first Advent, only a few knew who He was. Luke 2:28-32
All the great experts of the scriptures were clueless and as Jesus says in Matthew 11:25....revealed only to the uneducated. This applied then and still applies today.
Proved by the proliferation of conflicting theories and doctrines amongst the so called learned and wise.
It is really up to each individual Christian to carefully study the Prophetic Word for themselves. But first; clear your mind of ideas, theories and fables, that have been promoted by false teachers as Paul says in 2 Timothy 4:3-4, then start by considering what God really does want from His people; we Christians. What is His will for us, as we pray for His Kingdom to come on earth?

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pessimist!
All the great experts of the scriptures were clueless and as Jesus says in Matthew 11:25....revealed only to the uneducated. This applied then and still applies today.
Proved by the proliferation of conflicting theories and doctrines amongst the so called learned and wise.
It is really up to each individual Christian to carefully study the Prophetic Word for themselves. But first; clear your mind of ideas, theories and fables, that have been promoted by false teachers as Paul says in 2 Timothy 4:3-4, then start by considering what God really does want from His people; we Christians. What is His will for us, as we pray for His Kingdom to come on earth?

So the old saying is true then?!! Ignorance really is bliss!

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,689.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So the old saying is true then?!! Ignorance really is bliss!
Ignorance is for fools and children, also for those who have already decided what they want God to do.
If people like to think that the large amount of information God gave us thru His prophets, is not worth their while to carefully study and at least try to understand, then I wonder what the Lord will say to them, when they stand before Him.

Your contribution so far, Steve, is just negativity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The fact that you question the prophecies of Daniel show your lack of faith in Christ because Jesus even said they were true.
Matthew 24:15 "So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel--let the reader understand--

Even thousands of years after it was written ,it could still be understood hidden from the learned and prudent and revealed to babes.
But if you don't have faith in Christ then you have nothing.Unable to hear or see,you would understand Daniel about as much as the blind Pharisee Josephus,who has misled millions upon millions of people through false interpretations.
Even you have watched prophecies of Daniels book fulfilled but you simply don't understand them.
Ignorance is bliss?

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ignorance is for fools and children, also for those who have already decided what they want God to do.
If people like to think that the large amount of information God gave us thru His prophets, is not worth their while to carefully study and at least try to understand, then I wonder what the Lord will say to them, when they stand before Him.

Your contribution so far, Steve, is just negativity.

I grew up with your world view and found it wanting.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Most didn't recognize Jesus' first Visitation. What makes us think that they will recognize His Second Visitation. Even John the Baptist seemed to have doubts or was unsure about what was going on at that time. He sent his people to ask Jesus:

“Are you the one who is to come, or shall we look for another?”

Once in a while, we've got to clear the slate. None of the corporate religious belief systems have it right as a group. None of the various theologies are 100% correct. But there are individuals scattered all around that each have a true piece of the puzzle.

I think that we are right now like they were back in the days of John the Baptist. The signs have been given. Much has already transpired on the prophetic time line that has gone unrecognized. Not everything has turned out to be exactly as the prophecy writers had led us to believe.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟201,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pessimist!

The Lord reveals these things to babes, not to the scholars. When the focus is more on what Jesus taught, such as being one with Him then you can not help but know how the end times will play out. When we learn to develope our relationship with Him, then He opens our eyes to that which has already been written. The light gets brighter and brighter on the path we have chosen to walk. If we seek Him with all our heart and do the things He ask of us, then the rest is given us as well.

Upvote 0