fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
An artificial womb successfully grew baby sheep — and humans could be next

Inside what look like oversized ziplock bags strewn with tubes of blood and fluid, eight fetal lambs continued to develop — much like they would have inside their mothers. Over four weeks, their lungs and brains grew, they sprouted wool, opened their eyes, wriggled around, and learned to swallow, according to a new study that takes the first step toward an artificial womb. One day, this device could help to bring premature human babies to term outside the uterus — but right now, it has only been tested on sheep.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something like this should give hope to anyone interested in reducing abortions.

♪Don't abort it, bag it, in Baggies.

:( Ashamed we need the alternative but could be a viable one.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,710.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
♪Don't abort it, bag it, in Baggies.

:( Ashamed we need the alternative but could be a viable one.
This has to be the funniest post of the month (at least to me)

• Friendly
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gestation period for sheep is about 5 months, and this was for 4 weeks so lets say slightly less than the last two months of pregnancy or a human. Then I'd have to know the success rate for premies at 7 months or so.

I'm thinking not that impressive, but I guess they have to start somewhere. And speaking of premies...it could help there as well, that is unless the incubators are better, or can we actually call this just another incubator?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,710.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Gestation period for sheep is about 5 months, and this was for 4 weeks so lets say slightly less than the last two months of pregnancy or a human. Then I'd have to know the success rate for premies at 7 months or so.

I'm thinking not that impressive, but I guess they have to start somewhere. And speaking of premies...it could help there as well, that is unless the incubators are better, or can we actually call this just another incubator?
I wouldn't call it an incubator. After all, the blood cycle of the fetus is connected to a machine, filtered and mixed with stuff. That's a big step up from normal incubators.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't call it an incubator. After all, the blood cycle of the fetus is connected to a machine, filtered and mixed with stuff. That's a big step up from normal incubators.

OK, guess that's why I asked, I just skimmed the article...now I know...thanks. again.

Upvote 0