Ammon Bundy and 15 Idaho legislators attempt to stage 'special session' at state capitol

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It's beginning to smell a lot like sedition.

Under the Idaho Constitution, only the governor can call a special session of the Legislature — but the Idaho Freedom Foundation and an unregistered political action committee are calling one for Tuesday morning aimed at overturning the governor’s executive orders on the coronavirus pandemic, and roughly a dozen far-right House Republicans reportedly plan to participate.

Ammon Bundy says a group of his armed supporters will provide “crowd control” for the event, set to kick off at 9 a.m. at the state Capitol.

Asked if an armed takeover of the state Capitol was possible, Bundy, who led the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon in 2016 but was acquitted of all charges related to the 41-day occupation, said, “I sure hope it doesn’t have to go to that level.”

No senators are planning to participate, and the Senate GOP leadership sent a memo out to all Republican senators dated June 6, signed by all four of its leadership members, saying the proposed “special session” is both illegal and unconstitutional.

The Idaho Freedom Foundation, whose president, Wayne Hoffman, didn’t respond to a reporter’s inquiries on Monday, commissioned a legal opinion by two Arizona attorneys that was issued June 11, theorizing that a combination of Cold War-era state laws about the continuity of Idaho’s state government after a nuclear attack and viewing the COVID-19 pandemic as an “enemy attack” on Idaho by China justify legislators calling themselves into a special session — and ignoring the Idaho Constitution’s requirements for a quorum and other rules for legislative sessions.

Rep. Chad Christensen, R-Ammon, said he plans to attend the Tuesday session at the Capitol. He said of Freedom Man PAC, “That wasn’t them who started it. We had the idea in our head before they came along.”

“Some of us legislators had the idea,” Christensen said. “I do know that Wayne Hoffman at the Freedom Foundation, he put it out there as an idea at first, so quite a few of us talked to Wayne about it. So we decided to go ahead and do it.”

---

See, the spirit of CHAZ/CHOP is spreading.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Self-called legislative session ends with no votes, no action
The handful of lawmakers do not have a quorum, but are calling for a special session over concerns about Gov. Brad Little's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Fifteen House Republicans gathered in the House chamber on Tuesday morning, but despite calls from far-right groups, they didn’t take any votes or attempt to conduct any legislative business.

A boisterous crowd of more than 200 supporters, many of them armed, filled the 4th floor public galleries to watch and cheer on the lawmakers, who aired grievances against GOP Gov. Brad Little and his handling of the coronavirus pandemic

Rep. Heather Scott, R-Blanchard, first read two Bible verses, then said, “We read the Constitution up in North Idaho, and we know that it’s unconstitutional, these edicts, and we’re not enforcing it. Our sheriff will not enforce what’s happening. It’s just like business as usual up there.” She referred to Gov. Brad Little as “a self-appointed tyrant.”

Upvote 0

Osmotik

Mar 29, 2020
Oklahoma
✟32,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion the USA will fall. I don't mean to sound negative, but I think the earlier succession happens the safer. We have very conflicting ideologies and ethnicities that I personally don't see ever making amends. The best that can happen at this point is groups separating as peacefully as possible

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,640.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
In my opinion the USA will fall. I don't mean to sound negative, but I think the earlier succession happens the safer. We have very conflicting ideologies and ethnicities that I personally don't see ever making amends. The best that can happen at this point is groups separating as peacefully as possible

Who will secede from who?

The absence of a clear division of opinion along geographical lines also makes secession difficult.

OB

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The absence of a clear division of opinion along geographical lines also makes secession difficult.

OB

I was thinking of posting something similar, as well as the fact that the "two sides" really are each only really supported by 30 or 35% of the population, with the remainder in between. It gets worse if you look at a racial split, since Blacks are under 15% of the US population.

• Agree
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0

Osmotik

Mar 29, 2020
Oklahoma
✟32,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

OB

I agree and the boundaries/clear alliances will need to grow more, but the general trend is growing. There will be two polarities and people in the middle. Obviously chaos can occur and there is no guarantee of complete clarity.

Upvote 0

Osmotik

Mar 29, 2020
Oklahoma
✟32,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking of posting something similar, as well as the fact that the "two sides" really are each only really supported by 30 or 35% of the population, with the remainder in between. It gets worse if you look at a racial split, since Blacks are under 15% of the US population.

Generally you will have people in the middle of two sides, in my opinion if spurts of violence continue to occur and escalate, then you will have people stuck in the middle but overall there will be clear cultural/administrative lines between ideologies and ethnicities

sort of like the balkanization of eastern Europe

Let me also add that there could easily be 3+ sides

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Osmotik

Mar 29, 2020
Oklahoma
✟32,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We've already fought a war over secession.. spoiler alert, they lost.

I know what you're implying and I think that statement is way too vague and makes too many assumptions to dissect with any sort of brevity. It's too rhetorical to have any sort of dialectic

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know what you're implying and I think that statement is way too vague and makes too many assumptions to dissect with any sort of brevity. It's too rhetorical to have any sort of dialectic

Okay, so your unclear as to American history.

The civil war. Was fought. When a coalition of 11 states attempted to secede from the Union. It was the most serious attempt to secede in the history of the United States.

They lost their bid to secede, in blood.

Secession in the United States - Wikipedia

It's in Wikipedia even... ^^^

It's why we are 1 nation today...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Osmotik

Mar 29, 2020
Oklahoma
✟32,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so your unclear as to American history.

The civil war. Was fought. When a coalition of 11 states attempted to secede from the Union. It was the most serious attempt to secede in the history of the United States.

They lost.

Secession in the United States - Wikipedia

It's in Wikipedia even... ^^^

Obviously I'm aware of the civil war and the outcome. I'm not here to promote any side or any attempt specifically. Nor am I here to argue emotionally or disrespect anyone.

Just because something happened previously that is similar, does not mean the same outcome will always occur the next time. There are so many variables that are contributing to the differences in America today that it isn't exactly the same discussion as in the 1800's. Your argument is like implying that Rome wouldn't fall because they won wars before.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Obviously I'm aware of the civil war, and the outcome. I'm not here to promote any side or any attempt specifically. Nor am I here to argue emotionally or disrespect anyone.

Just because something happened previously that is similar, does not mean the same outcome will always occur the next time. There are so many variables that are contributing to the differences in America today that it isn't exactly the same discussion as in the 1800's. Your argument is like implying that Rome wouldn't fall because they won wars before.

You all can have civil war 2.0 if you like... but the outcome will be just as bloody.

It's the same discussion as it was then. No different. Only the names have changed.

Upvote 0

Osmotik

Mar 29, 2020
Oklahoma
✟32,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You all can have civil war 2.0 if you like... but the outcome will be just as bloody.

It's the same discussion as it was then. No different. Only the names have changed.

I've said multiple times I'm not promoting a split, only observing the process. It definitely isn't the same discussion because the demographics, ideologies, and circumstances are different. Is it similar? Yes. Do I acknowledge the probability of large amounts of bloodshed? Absolutely and I don't want that. But my concern is that the differences are so irreconcilable that the conflict is inevitable. It is just a matter of time, but that's only my opinion. My faith is in God either way and following Him is the most important thing in my life.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's beginning to smell a lot like sedition.

Under the Idaho Constitution, only the governor can call a special session of the Legislature — but the Idaho Freedom Foundation and an unregistered political action committee are calling one for Tuesday morning aimed at overturning the governor’s executive orders on the coronavirus pandemic, and roughly a dozen far-right House Republicans reportedly plan to participate.

Ammon Bundy says a group of his armed supporters will provide “crowd control” for the event, set to kick off at 9 a.m. at the state Capitol.

Asked if an armed takeover of the state Capitol was possible, Bundy, who led the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon in 2016 but was acquitted of all charges related to the 41-day occupation, said, “I sure hope it doesn’t have to go to that level.”

No senators are planning to participate, and the Senate GOP leadership sent a memo out to all Republican senators dated June 6, signed by all four of its leadership members, saying the proposed “special session” is both illegal and unconstitutional.

The Idaho Freedom Foundation, whose president, Wayne Hoffman, didn’t respond to a reporter’s inquiries on Monday, commissioned a legal opinion by two Arizona attorneys that was issued June 11, theorizing that a combination of Cold War-era state laws about the continuity of Idaho’s state government after a nuclear attack and viewing the COVID-19 pandemic as an “enemy attack” on Idaho by China justify legislators calling themselves into a special session — and ignoring the Idaho Constitution’s requirements for a quorum and other rules for legislative sessions.

Rep. Chad Christensen, R-Ammon, said he plans to attend the Tuesday session at the Capitol. He said of Freedom Man PAC, “That wasn’t them who started it. We had the idea in our head before they came along.”

“Some of us legislators had the idea,” Christensen said. “I do know that Wayne Hoffman at the Freedom Foundation, he put it out there as an idea at first, so quite a few of us talked to Wayne about it. So we decided to go ahead and do it.”

---

See, the spirit of CHAZ/CHOP is spreading.

AHHHH another spike in the Bundy Virus. The gift that keeps giving.

• Agree
Reactions: seeking.IAM
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've said multiple times I'm not promoting a split, only observing the process. It

There is no process...

Today there was what, 12 Idaho legislators in the Idaho legislature (a place we can all assume rightly they belong) who hired for themselves whatever private security they desired to have (another right they have as legislators) and had a photo-op telling the Idaho citizens what they think concerning the Idaho governor making long term executive orders that causes the financial hardship of their constituency.

What they didn't do was overthrow the lawful government there or attempt to do any lawmaking in absence of their fellow legislators.

The only people doing secession is the left, yet today.... and it will end in bloodshed if they don't reign themselves in.

As for Idaho, it's up to the good people of Idaho next election cycle how they feel... the political stunt was for them to decide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Osmotik

Mar 29, 2020
Oklahoma
✟32,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no process...

Today there was what, 12 Idaho legislators in the Idaho legislature (a place we can all assume rightly they belong) who hired for themselves whatever private security they desired to have (another right they have as legislators) and had a photo-op telling the Idaho citizens what they think concerning the Idaho governor making long term executive orders that causes the financial hardship of their constituency.

What they didn't do was overthrow the lawful government there or attempt to do any lawmaking in absence of their fellow legislators, or anything else.

The only people doing secession is the left, yet today.... and it will end in bloodshed if they don't reign themselves in.

I'm talking about the general divisions in the country, not this one instance. I genuinely don't understand how you can't see the huge divide building in the country. It growing and growing and instances like this, CHAZ/CHOP, etc. are just smaller pieces of a bigger bubble waiting to burst

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm talking about the general divisions in the country, not this one instance. I genuinely don't understand how you can't see the huge divide building in the country. It growing and growing and instances like this, CHAZ/CHOP, etc. are just smaller pieces of a bigger bubble waiting to burst

I'm not sure what divide your talking about...

All I see is an attempted Marxist (or marxist/leninist if you prefer) takeover of this nation and those falling prey to left wing media talking points attempting to foster it.

Most of America isn't having it.

Goodnight.

• Friendly
Reactions: Osmotik
Upvote 0