Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I was surprised at Lily's departure, too, she is very talented, but it was a weird song choice It didn't sound right coming out of her, since she looks and dresses like a rocker. It was just weird.

My prediction (based on who I like ;) ) is that Big Mike, Crystal Bowersox, Lee Dewyze and Siobhan Magnus will end up in the top 4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
lol my dad(I watch faithfully with my mom and dad....its our thing to do together) said that guy looks like a beetle too^_^

I think lilly could have made that song into a song more like her... all that country had to be extracted from it first, then it would have suited her more....it was boring orchestrated the way it was...way to old and crusty

Kris did that last year week after week, taking songs and making them fit him by tweeking them to sound even better than the orig on him....I never knew how hard that could be till I have seen some of the contestants here struggle doing that this year....Many have failed miserably and a few did good and got hacked up by the judges comments....I hope they dont quit trying but I really see it as an art now ....not as easy as last years contestants made it look...last year was a big year for talent vocally and artistically...hope we see more good things in the next few weeks but am not holding my breath

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh my goodnes,s Lily singing that patsy Cline song was horrid. I thought it was just me when all I heard was good things from the judges about that performance. It started out waaay too low- only something Patsy could pull off.

Guys, I am just not "feeling" it with the show this year. Everything seems so out of wack...like they need to fix something that cannot be fixed. They need for this to be their last season...go out with a bang instead of season after season.

Mullet man sure was crying when they got back from commercial. I thought I was emotional- but these people bawling their heads off for those getting the boot kill me. I think that deep down they're thinking "Dang, I'm happy that's not me." Seriously, deep relationships are not formed in that short of time.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh my goodnes,s Lily singing that patsy Cline song was horrid. I thought it was just me when all I heard was good things from the judges about that performance. It started out waaay too low- only something Patsy could pull off.

Guys, I am just not "feeling" it with the show this year. Everything seems so out of wack...like they need to fix something that cannot be fixed. They need for this to be their last season...go out with a bang instead of season after season.

Mullet man sure was crying when they got back from commercial. I thought I was emotional- but these people bawling their heads off for those getting the boot kill me. I think that deep down they're thinking "Dang, I'm happy that's not me." Seriously, deep relationships are not formed in that short of time.

I agree, Lily is a good singer, but that song did her in. She made a poor choice and it cost her.

"Sources confirm to me exclusively that the ex-American Idol judge (Paula Abdul) is finalizing a deal to headline an updated version of Star Search"

LINK

Star Search, X Factor, aaaand American Idol?

Meh. I would rather see her with Cowell on X Factor. Those two had some chemistry!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Paula always seemed so unstable, though...When Kara started crying last week at Big Man..I thought, here we go again...I saw something on youtube last week with Paul and a contestant where she could not control her crying after a performance. It was pretty bad.

Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, I think the wrong person got booted last night. I was never a fan of Lacey; but IMHO, America had the bottom 3 right; but Tim should have been booted--based on the performances on Tuesday.

If I have to choose the person with the most talent, at the present time, I would choose Katie; but she is so young that she will not make it. But her tone, vocals, etc are far beyond her age!

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I'm getting fed up with Idol this year because of all the fake playing around between the judges. Every episode it seems like there is some "skit" that they want you to believe is spontaneous, such as the last episode where Simon was so upset about Ryan being "in his face". Seriously, if it was real they would have had it out after the episode Tuesday and settled long before Wednesday.

Granted, every year they do some of these skits with the judges that you can tell are scripted but this year they are doing too many and they are just too over the top.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Katie is talented, but I think her voice is still maturing and she is struggling to hold some things together. I think if she came back in a couple of years she'd do much better. I think Siobhan is, by far, the most talented this year.

Reactions: Rich48
Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Katie is talented, but I think her voice is still maturing and she is struggling to hold some things together. I think if she came back in a couple of years she'd do much better. I think Siobhan is, by far, the most talented this year.

Well, I think that Katie is the most talented, but I will also agree that she is still maturing, and this is not her year. If she gets booted, I hope that she has the guts to come back (if the show is still on) in a couple of years--she will wipe out all others!

And you may well have picked the best this year.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While I really like Siobhan, I was quite surprised that even the judges didn't mention that during her last screech her voice kept breaking..it was awful.

I agree that the banter between Ryan and Simon is embarrassing simply b/c it is so set up.

Screeching begins at 2:56 and gets worse around 2:59
YouTube - Siobhan Magnus - Paint It Black Top 12 American Idol 9

Upvote 0