Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Although I don't plan on watching as actively as I once did due to changes, I"ll probably still keep up with it....I hope!

Also, the latest news on Cowell's departure is that if he's able to get his X Factor up and running next year, FOX is in negotiations to televise it along with Idol. That should be interesting. Also, rumor has it that Simon might want to hire Paula as one of the judges. If that's the case, then she will end up better off than if she'd given in to a contract with Idol. My guess is that Simon would pay her more than Idol was offering.

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Found this article on the coming American Idol season that says the bigger question than if Ellen will fit in is how will they replace Adam Lambert? While it admits how Ellen fits in to the group will be important, that it was Adam Lambert that really saved last year because he was such a controversial and people watched to see what he did next. And to some degree, I can see the show needing that again this coming year.

The article mentions one thing I find very good news at the end, that they are returning to the normal Top 24 format, rather than using the Top 36 they used last year.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I think what Idol has always successfully done is bring compelling contestants to America's attention. I think the years its been boring is when they haven't had good back stories for the contestants. America needs someone to root for, without that, the show isn't fun. So I think more than just a singing competition, they really need to cast the program in order to keep ratings up.

Upvote 0

Cynthia85

Doctor... Captain Picard... Let's make it so!
Jun 21, 2006
Here for a while, heaven for eternity
Visit site
✟8,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I think that when Simon leaves, the show will die. It's not just about the conestants, but also the judges and Simon is such a huge part of the show. I know I'm not going to enjoy it as much.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Although I don't plan on watching as actively as I once did due to changes, I"ll probably still keep up with it....I hope!

Also, the latest news on Cowell's departure is that if he's able to get his X Factor up and running next year, FOX is in negotiations to televise it along with Idol. That should be interesting. Also, rumor has it that Simon might want to hire Paula as one of the judges. If that's the case, then she will end up better off than if she'd given in to a contract with Idol. My guess is that Simon would pay her more than Idol was offering.
praying for this Paula is a good person and deserves better

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
L

LovesToBless

Upvote 0

ItalianAngel

~Angels watching over me...~
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2006
dividing my time between Pittsburgh, PA & McFarlan
Visit site
✟30,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, ladies. :wave:

Subbing to this thread. Looking forward to the coming weeks of AI. I already have a few favorites. Right now my favorite is Tyler Grady (fall out of tree boy). I think he has the overall package: nice, cute, and most importantly has a good voice. It will interesting to see his progression in the competition.

For the girls, I have a soft spot in my heart for Vanessa Wolfe (jump off of bridges girl). I hope she goes far as well.

Oh and "Pants On The Ground" rocks! ^_^

p.s. yes, LovestoBless, I also enjoyed Shania Twain as the guest judge and thought she was the best thus far. She was kind to the people who auditioned and gave constructive advice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.