yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Who has decided that it's wrong? It's just a matter of custom. If you want it to be wrong, pass a law like China did. In the meantime, there is no reason not to tolerate any form of respectful behavior during the playing of the anthem.
No one was talking or posting about any kind of respectful behavior,
but of disrespect.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No.
Honor is not pride.
Honor is not known to those opposed to Christ Jesus.
So now respectful behavior during the anthem other than standing is not only wrong, dishonorable but also anti-Christian?

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If Jimi Hendrix comes back from the dead and plays the National Anthem live on his guitar, I might consider kneeling. Otherwise, I stand and place hand over my heart.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Would it be ok for me to go out to the cemetery and urinate on your mother's headstone? Doesn't really hurt anything. It's just a symbol.
No, because intentionally urinating on a headstone is an overt act of disrespect.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No, because intentionally urinating on a headstone is an overt act of disrespect.

QUOTE="Speedwell, post: 74203895, member: 387171"]Who has decided that it's wrong? It's just a matter of custom.[/QUOTE

Who has decided that it's wrong? It's just a matter of custom. If you want it to be wrong, pass a law like China did.

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you kneel before God you can stand before any man; God stands up for you, and no one can stand against you. Bring glory to God rather than grandstanding for political purposes, preaching empowerment and change, displaying arrogance and pride, drawing attention to oneself, posturing for worldly causes. Our God does not change.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." Use your platforms, however large or small, to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that salvation is in Christ alone.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In these games you represent your country. If you kneel at the flag or anthem you do not represent your country. Makes no difference what he says. He doesn't belong there.
He’s a fine representative to our ideals of free expression enshrined in our constitution.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It was/is dishonorable.
I see no such thing. I find it much more honorable to stand (or in this case, kneel) for what you believe in than to follow what everyone else expects of you to do.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Such a disgrace. The flag and anthem are not meant for politics.

lol, as has been pointed out, that has been their primary purpose throughout human history.

I wonder if he can be stripped of medals. In the end he does make america look bad considering he's at an event that is supposed to be about sportsmanship.

In whose eyes does he make America look bad? Yours? Or the rest of the world's?

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Such a disgrace. The flag and anthem are not meant for politics. They are used to remember the sacrifice that soldiers have given throughout our history so we can exist. I wonder if he can be stripped of medals. In the end he does make america look bad considering he's at an event that is supposed to be about sportsmanship.
Well , when much needed laws aren't changed and evil act keep happening , because of that. What should a person do? Pretend it's not a big deal .Defend the evil, or admitt there's a problem. And respectively kneel , while the National Anthem is going on.

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I see no such thing. I find it much more honorable to stand (or in this case, kneel) for what you believe in than to follow what everyone else expects of you to do.

If what you believe in is repulsive to society, repugnant to men of honor, and disrespectful,

DO NOT expect to be getting an a-ok or a pat on the back for anything you do.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If what you believe in is repulsive to society, repugnant to men of honor, and disrespectful,

I don’t generally live for a pat on the back or an A-ok from others, especially not from people who believe in forced displays of patriotism.

• Useful
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don’t generally live for a pat on the back or an A-ok from others, especially not from people who believe in forced displays of patriotism.
'forced' ?

What are you trying to force for your own wrong viewpoint contrary to others ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

No, you are more likely to get people kneeling during the playing of your national anthem.

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, it's not a disgrace. He knelt respectfully. Behaving disrespectfully or disruptively would have been a disgrace.
Passive-aggressive respect--that's a hot one!

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The issue is decorum. There is a time and place for everything.

What is the proper time and place for these sorts of protests? Is it in the parks when protestors are likely to be faced with strong police resistance? Is it in the streets when they're likely to draw the ire of un-sympathetic citizens more bothered by their own inconvenience than by the allegations of abuse being protested? Is it online where they'll be branded and derided as "SJW's"?

I don't believe that decorum is actually the issue. I believe that's (for the most part) merely a convenient cover thrown up by folks who don't like the substance of these protests. In fact, the overwhelming majority of complainants I've seen (including Trump himself) would have zero problem manipulating the flag for their own ends.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The issue is decorum. There is a time and place for everything. There’s too much ignorance today. It is tiresome.
I don’t believe for a second the people upset by this wouldn’t be if he had simply chosen a better time or place for his protest.

Upvote 0