Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The key part, the part is when he said,

"And when you're a star they let you do it."

That's how groupies are. He said something that was true.
That was his version anyway.
Did the young women changing into bathing suits just let him walk into their dressing room and inspect them in the nude? That in itself is a type of sexual assault.
I find it quite disingenuous when the same people who object to men being allowed in women's bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers defend this scum.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? He talked about chasing after a married woman, who turned him down by the way.Your selective hearing may be a comfort to you but don't expect others to agree.

I find it appalling that some Trump supporters, even Christians, are trying to blame the women just so they can defend him.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it quite disingenuous when the same people who object to men being allowed in women's bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers defend this scum.

QFT

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The thing is, one day he'll grab a woman by a body part, and she won't just go along with it. She will press charges for assault and sexual harassment, which is what it is.
Someone did and then withdrew her complaint. There are nuances to that story but she recently said she had not lied in her statement as that would be breaking the law. So who knows?

Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really? He talked about chasing after a married woman, who turned him down by the way. Your selective hearing may be a comfort to you but don't expect others to agree.
Let's not conflate the two things he was talking about. He mentioned the ones that turned him away, and then he talks about the ones who would easily give their consent to a celebrity, a groupie. Two different kinds of women. He should not have been interested in a married woman. He apologized for it. All of us has something in their past that they are not proud of. We have all sinned. But he did not say that he sexually assaults women. He was describing consensual sex.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpunkyDoodle
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When trash like this:

50ShadesofGreyCoverArt.jpg

Becomes a best seller, it's time to judge ourselves. People who purchased this make Donald look like a boy scout.
Just like people who watch violent movies make actual violent people look like puppies and kittens.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
How many times do people need to explain and give evidence that shows the inaccuracy of this audio? :doh:

We talked about this in one of my classes. It's called cognitive dissonance. It doesn't matter how many times you explain the facts, they will reject them bc they've trained their mind to only accept 1 thing. Truth is what they decide it is, not what it actually is.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's not conflate the two things he was talking about. He mentioned the ones that turned him away, and then he talks about the ones who would easily give their consent to a celebrity, a groupie. Two different kinds of women. He should not have been interested in a married woman. He apologized for it. All of us has something in their past that they are not proud of. We have all sinned. But he did not say that he sexually assaults women. He was describing consensual sex.

Well... since we have all sinned (according to Christians) and we all have done something in our past that we are not proud of, then I suppose Donald Trump should be given a free pass and his sexually deviant behavior toward women should be excused. Is that right? Let me see if I understand this correctly. Donald Trump, or any man for that matter, can sexually assault women because we have all sinned and have done things in our past that we are not proud of. And as long as Donald Trump or any man apologizes for sexually assaulting women, it is acceptable behavior and the sexual assault should be excused. Is that right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I gotta say, I'm really liking these new, sexually liberal Christians Trump has brought out of the woodwork.

I didn't know you guys had it in you.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
We talked about this in one of my classes. It's called cognitive dissonance. It doesn't matter how many times you explain the facts, they will reject them bc they've trained their mind to only accept 1 thing. Truth is what they decide it is, not what it actually is.

It's the backfire effect too. The more evidence that is shown that they are wrong, the stronger they will hold onto the original belief.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think most all of us a guilty of that sometimes. But when several people point out the simplest truth that can be checked to be factual, that when a judge appoints an attorney as a public defender they cannot just refuse. That the Constitution guarantees that all accused citizens will receive a legal and impartial representation in their defense. How can one deny those facts?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have every right to judge a candidate. We also have the perfect right to compare the past, and current positions they hold and actions they perform and decide which of the two will do a better job in our estimation.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think most all of us a guilty of that sometimes

There's a good TED Talk on this somewhere about being wrong. How being wrong doesn't feel like anything but realizing you are wrong feels embarrassing so we try to avoid or ignore it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What angers me to no end is this continuous dismissal of sexual assault against women while trying to blame the victims, and the ongoing defense of Donald Trump sexual deviant behavior toward women and then bragging about it. Sexual assault is not an issue that should be dismissed or defended. It is a major issue in this country and it is a major issue in native communities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Here's the good news:

Based on this audio, is there any real evidence that Trump has assaulted anyone? No. Realistically, there isn't. He's really just an insecure, 70 year-old man, who never grew up from the conversations of his the Junior basketball team. Teeny-tiny hands included.

The bad news:

It's really offensive. It's offensive to women and men. The excuse of "it's locker room talk" is tired. Mr. Trump is 59 years old in the tape, just after the second marriage he sabotaged, moving onto the 3rd, and still pretending he's 14.

It's offensive to real men - whom he pulled under the bus with him - who would never say such things about a woman, let alone women in general.

We could go on and on about the morality of what he said on those tapes, but think about this: The term "temperament" keeps popping up in this election, and Trump keeps insisting that he has "the best temperament". Nevermind the Presidency, this tape shows us that Trump doesn't have the temperament to play on a Senior High School Basketball team.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well... since we have all sinned (according to Christians) and we all have done something in our past that we are not proud of, then I suppose Donald Trump should be given a free pass and his sexually deviant behavior toward women should be excused. Is that right? Let me see if I understand this correctly. Donald Trump, or any man for that matter, can sexually assault women because we have all sinned and have done things in our past that we are not proud of. And as long as Donald Trump or any man apologizes for sexually assaulting women, it is acceptable behavior and the sexual assault should be excused. Is that right?

According to God, He forgives us, but that doesn't mean what we have set into motion is stopped. In other words, He forgives our foolishness, but we have to face the consequences of our actions. God doesn't excuse sin.

And, true He does forget about it when we confess. But, bringing it back up, or doing some things that are similar opens all of that back up, and puts into question one''s remorse. (I gather fully you understand this.)

Unfortunately for America, it is not ruled by God. Moreover, it is not heavily in fueled by Christian modes of judgment and forgiveness. Infamy lives almost eternally in the court of public opinion, and there is no obligation by a non-Christian human being to forgive or forget what Trump has done. And, there are quite a few non-Christian humans of voting age in America.

Besides, all is fair in love, war and politics.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The point of the article seems to be that sexual assault is really the same thing as casual sex.

The article has a very, very flawed premise, and not much weight should be put into conclusions based on this flawed premise.
And...
It's not just about sex, it about his attitude towards women in general both the married and single women his "groupies" as one person here likes to refer to young women who happen to cross paths with this guy.

Quite a few Republicans, such as past administration's SoS and SoD had already openly stated they would not be voting for him, then this was just the last straw for many more because of his obvious disrespect for women.

This article tries to put all of his being rejected on this last revelation but it is not. They forget what Paul Ryan said about his racist remarks. They forget about Mitch McConnell and others statements about his temper and unsteadiness.

This article is nothing more than trying to guilt Christians and Republicans into staying in Trump's sinking boat.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There's a good TED Talk on this somewhere about being wrong. How being wrong doesn't feel like anything but realizing you are wrong feels embarrassing so we try to avoid or ignore it.

The latter is called "remorse," or "repentance."

:D

Upvote 0