✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
novcncy said:
I can't answer for them, but this is my thinking on the issue. I wish America was a Christian nation. Not in terms of government or official religion, or anything like that, but in substance. I wish more people would turn from their sin and self, and towards Christ. I think it could happen, if we who ARE Christians would pray seriously, actually obey the great commission and preach the gospel to every person, and rid our lives of the hypocrisy that unfortunately seems to define us. Those are a lot of ifs, but we DO serve a pretty powerful God....We just need to remember that from time to time....

I agree completely. In fact, I wish that the entire world would become Christian. I'm sure God would truly be pleased if Christ came on the clouds, only to find that he didn't have to destroy anyone. Granted, this is a highly unlikely scenario, but it's still something Christians must continuously strive for.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

School's Out!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟571,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
arunma said:
I agree completely. In fact, I wish that the entire world would become Christian. I'm sure God would truly be pleased if Christ came on the clouds, only to find that he didn't have to destroy anyone. Granted, this is a highly unlikely scenario, but it's still something Christians must continuously strive for.

Well only God knows when the world ends. Not even Jesus knows. Nor the angels at all. But the second coming should be very, very dramatic.

Upvote 0

Flynmonkie

The First Official FrankenMonkie ;)
Feb 23, 2004
Home of Harry Truman - Missouri
Visit site
✟20,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
arunma, I have done some thinking about this, this evening while studying I came across Ecclesiastes. Actually, I had been using my KJV for some serious study and picked up the NLT. (Much easier read) From chapter one on..... it sort of smacked me in the face. I immediately thought of you and this thread and others. The struggle with understanding the order of things...

I believe it solidifies your thought process on this.... it seems Solomon had some things to say about how nothing ever changes (1:1-11), it is the same, repeated. There were many applications I found specifically chapter 8, I will read back through it again later, I did not keep notes - just read (it is late!) I still hold true to my original statement in the first couple of pages in this thread, but it seems that Solomon reflects those thoughts. Your thoughts?

Upvote 0

novcncy

Apr 14, 2005
✟1,143.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Flynmonkie said:
arunma, I have done some thinking about this, this evening while studying I came across Ecclesiastes. Actually, I had been using my KJV for some serious study and picked up the NLT. (Much easier read) From chapter one on..... it sort of smacked me in the face. I immediately thought of you and this thread and others. The struggle with understanding the order of things...

I believe it solidifies your thought process on this.... it seems Solomon had some things to say about how nothing ever changes (1:1-11), it is the same, repeated. There were many applications I found specifically chapter 8, I will read back through it again later, I did not keep notes - just read (it is late!) I still hold true to my original statement in the first couple of pages in this thread, but it seems that Solomon reflects those thoughts. Your thoughts?

Allistair Baig (sp?) preached the best series of messages on Ecclesiastes. I have them in MP3, I think, I'll see if I can dig them up. They are absolutely terrific. You might be able to still get them off of the website, I'm not sure. I paid I think two dollars per half-an-hour MP3 file. Those are the edited versions that played on the radio show, but if you like them, they also had the full messages in CD format, and I think it was around ten messages for forty bucks. I might buy them, now that I think about it, because they are truly awesome. I'll see if I can't find the MP3s....

Upvote 0

Flynmonkie

The First Official FrankenMonkie ;)
Feb 23, 2004
Home of Harry Truman - Missouri
Visit site
✟20,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
novcncy, you know I am not sure why Ecc hit me in the way it did last night. It was if I had never read it before. I will look into those tapes.. I am interested in perspectives on Solomon’s thoughts. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.