Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I came across the following claim on another forum whereon one of our own is now posting about Asians and Huskies -

"Except in a court of law the genomes are compared side by side, loci by loci, not by matching by algorithms."

Who knew that paternity cases and crimes are solved via large-scale whole genome sequencing projects!???!!!

AND that no computer programs are employed at all!!!????

No wonder the wheels of justice turn so slowly - our taxes employ thousands of technicians and account for billions of dollars in equipment and reagents and such!

I cannot imagine how many people every court must employ to do nothing but compare the 3 billionish loci of crime scene genomic data to the many potential suspects in a crime...

Truly amazing insights into the legal system and DNA analyses.

I mean, never mind that this was written in response to me linking and quoting an article indicating that courts primarily use RFLP analyses, but whatever...

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I came across the following claim on another forum whereon one of our own is now posting about Asians and Huskies -

"Except in a court of law the genomes are compared side by side, loci by loci, not by matching by algorithms."

Who knew that paternity cases and crimes are solved via large-scale whole genome sequencing projects!???!!!

AND that no computer programs are employed at all!!!????

No wonder the wheels of justice turn so slowly - our taxes employ thousands of technicians and account for billions of dollars in equipment and reagents and such!

I cannot imagine how many people every court must employ to do nothing but compare the 3 billionish loci of crime scene genomic data to the many potential suspects in a crime...

Truly amazing insights into the legal system and DNA analyses.

I mean, never mind that this was written in response to me linking and quoting an article indicating that courts primarily use RFLP analyses, but whatever...

I’m just grateful I don’t have to read about huskies any more.

• Haha
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0