Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
to believe any vision or private revelation of any saint, Orthodox or RC? I am about fed up with all the "visions" "revelations" "end-time prophecies" etc.

When I declared on an Orthodox board that I didn't have to believe the prophecy of Prophesies of St Lawrence of Chernigov regarding the end times......

hooooooooboy!!!!

I got really, REALLY scorched for that opinion.

Well????

Are saints and their prophecies infallible?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
to believe any vision or private revelation of any saint, Orthodox or RC? I am about fed up with all the "visions" "revelations" "end-time prophecies" etc.

When I declared on an Orthodox board that I didn't have to believe the prophecy of Prophesies of St Lawrence of Chernigov regarding the end times......

hooooooooboy!!!!

Well????

No one is required to believe in any individual's personal revelation or the teaching of any individual Church Father. We are only required to believe the defined teaching of the Church.

I like the Roman Church's classification regarding apparitions and visions as "worthy of belief". No one is required to believe them, but some are worthy of belief.

Upvote 0

EJ M

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2018
MT
✟91,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

hooooooooboy!!!!

Well????

Read Rev 22:18-19.
I worry some of the saints...... aren't.
God's Word is the only reliable source of truth

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read Rev 22:18-19.
I worry some of the saints...... aren't.
God's Word is the only reliable source of truth

I am not aware of any particular prophetic word made, but you may have been sold a wrong interpretation of Rev 22:18-19, if you think prophecy isn't for today.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My personal opinion is that you are not "obligated" to believe in any such thing. And to the best of my knowledge, there is no reasonable basis on which anyone could say you are so obligated. When I was received, I didn't say anything and the priest didn't say anything about how I was obligated to believe in any of that.

Upvote 0