Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was pressured into saying the sinner's prayer and was thought to be saved, but then I turned away because I didn't know what I was getting myself into and I didn't want to make that decision right away. So after that, I ended up saying some nasty things about Jesus Christ such as saying that Jesus is the devil in disguise. Now that I believe without a doubt in Jesus Christ, am I still forgiven? I'm a little scared right now

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was pressured into saying the sinner's prayer and was thought to be saved, but then I turned away because I didn't know what I was getting myself into and I didn't want to make that decision right away. So after that, I ended up saying some nasty things about Jesus Christ such as saying that Jesus is the devil in disguise. Now that I believe without a doubt in Jesus Christ, am I still forgiven? I'm a little scared right now
Yes, I've said worse things and He forgave me too.
1 John 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about

Don't worry. I even said to the Holy Spirit that He was a devil when I was just saved and a bit angry and nuts. The pharisees blasphemed the Holy Spirit willingly and had absolutely no regret. I heard a preacher say: if you feel sorry about a sin it's not the unforgiveable sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about

"All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away." - John 6:37

Come to him, confess and renounce it. You literally have nothing to lose. Besides, I don't think what you said/did can compare with the Pharisees who saw Jesus perform a miracle they could not deny, and rather than believe, they turned around and claimed it was the devil instead.

Upvote 0