Lynchburg
✟38,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Listen in my childhood you can see my story basically I hated god for luck for 10 months atleast and I was basically a reprobate and everytime something bad would happen to me I'd blame god and I didnt think I could ever go TOO far because in the back of my head I knew I could be forgiven when I was about to die but now thats different am I doomed for doing those evil deeds expecting to be forgiven in the sight of god because all I did was sin I was a friend of the world had no enemies I once dabbled in christianity in the church only to learn a bit and I watched the movie son of god and I heard about hell it was scary I felt like I had a soul that it wasnt dead as it is now I JUST FEEL A BODY LITERALLY I feel nothing in my emotions I dont wanna be damned I trembled so much while reading the measurements of sin and the unpardonable sin and I keep thinking in my thoughts about committing it its in my tongue like I'm slightly tempted to but Im not going to ever not even until death how do I STOP THINKING ABOUT COMMITTING IT its on my tongue 24/7 is god just trying to kill me I know SO MUCH about the bible compared to then

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (cut and paste, use as needed)

As to your fears, if you are worried about having committed the "unpardonable sin" you haven't done it. Had you done it, you would no longer care.

You just seem to me under strong conviction. Find a solid, Bible teaching local body of believers and get "saved". More to the point, begin fellowshipping with other good people, get out of your own mind, and relax. Find a Christian counselor you can sit down with and talk out some of these anxieties. It will be OK.

Upvote 0

Nathan Arnold

Feb 20, 2018
Lynchburg
✟38,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please tell me how to stop thinking about the unpardonable sin I keep thinking about it as if I say something bad then Im damned I feel like my fate is in my tongue and I feel tempted to say it how do I get rid of that temptation in totality trust me I wont commit it but please how to stop thinking about it it will literally not leave my mind

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome to CF. :)

Theodoric is right - you don't need to worry that you have committed any unpardonable sin. God isn't trying to kill you. (If He were not actively sustaining you - you would simply die.) He does not desire the death of any person - wicked or otherwise. He desires that all people repent of sins, come to Him, and live forever.

Consider - Saul was one who actively sought out and persecuted and killed Christians for being Christian. I doubt you've done anything that much against God. Yet God called him, saved him, and he went on to write a large part of the writings that became the New Testament and established many Churches. We know him today as St. Paul.

God forgave Saul, and He wants to forgive you.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please tell me how to stop thinking about the unpardonable sin I keep thinking about it as if I say something bad then Im damned I feel like my fate is in my tongue and I feel tempted to say it how do I get rid of that temptation in totality trust me I wont commit it but please how to stop thinking about it it will literally not leave my mind

Very possibly those are tempting thoughts from the enemy. If you have no foundation in Christ they are going to be harder to resist. What we in our tradition usually do is recite the short prayer "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner" - and focus on the words of that prayer, repeating it until the thoughts are silenced. Don't try to argue with them, don't try to analyze them. That always leads in circles and they are experienced with how to undo us in the process. Just ignore them and focus on Christ instead.

Unless it is possible that there is something organic in your mind that is an internal, involuntary cause, in which case you can talk to a doctor.

But if it's a matter of focusing your attention, whether the thoughts are your own or an outside temptation, the best way is to focus on Christ instead.

Either way, you should seek out the body of Christ - the Church. We are not meant to do this on our own in isolation.

Upvote 0

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

This much is easy. The "unpardonable sin" is not something you do - not even something heinously evil. It's not a bad thought you have. It's a conscious denial and turning away from the atoning work of Christ.

If you had committed that, you simply wouldn't care any more. Since you still care, you haven't done it.

Ironic, in a way.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟325,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is about never accepting Jesus Christ. Those doomed to hell are all who never came to Jesus Christ, never believed that He was God incarnate on earth, died for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day and now sits in heaven at the right hand of the father. Never accepted Him or His free gift of salvation found through accepting him as your savior..

What you feel about your soul has nothing to do with reality, in so much as your soul is with you it just isn't active. Your soul hasn't gone anywhere or you wouldn't be alive. On the other hand if you draw nearer to God and stop dwelling on Satan's world ( hell) you might feel more alive in the spirit. Indeed if you never accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior you are spiritually dead as it stands now, if you die today you will be in hell.. But there is hope for you. Jesus died for everyone but you have to accept His free gift, no one can do that for you. And time is short in the big scope of things, no one ever thinks they might die tonight or tomorrow but people get macked every day of the week, in fact every minute of every day of the week people are dieing. Don't risk leaving your body unsaved and you won't find yourself in hell.. And this stuff is very real, I would suggest you don't play games with it because we are looking at this world, our time on earth as a flash in the pan compared with your eternal destiny, eternity being a very very long time.... Everything on earth to include the earth itself will die one day, if you are in Christ then your death is in the flesh, your spirit is absent from the body and present with the Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,161,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Listen in my childhood you can see my story basically I hated god for luck for 10 months atleast and I was basically a reprobate and everytime something bad would happen to me I'd blame god and I didnt think I could ever go TOO far because in the back of my head I knew I could be forgiven when I was about to die but now thats different am I doomed for doing those evil deeds expecting to be forgiven in the sight of god because all I did was sin I was a friend of the world had no enemies I once dabbled in christianity in the church only to learn a bit and I watched the movie son of god and I heard about hell it was scary I felt like I had a soul that it wasnt dead as it is now I JUST FEEL A BODY LITERALLY I feel nothing in my emotions I dont wanna be damned I trembled so much while reading the measurements of sin and the unpardonable sin and I keep thinking in my thoughts about committing it its in my tongue like I'm slightly tempted to but Im not going to ever not even until death how do I STOP THINKING ABOUT COMMITTING IT its on my tongue 24/7 is god just trying to kill me I know SO MUCH about the bible compared to then

Look and see! Your story is right here:

Luke 15 NIV

I was dead, and now I am alive again!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
First of all if God wanted you dead you would be done. Secondly, you don't really know that God is behind the misfortunes in your life and certainly not responsible for your bad choices. That said, the fact that you care about being doomed is a pretty good indication your not. A child of perdition doesn't care what God thinks and will never surrender to God no matter what. You might give some thought to simply asking God to meet you where you are and help you get to where he wants you to be. I'm not saying it will be easy, just give it a shot because if you are to the point of blasphemy it's time to start trying to work things out with the ultimate authority that will decide your eternal state.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟325,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
theres apart of me that calls evil good to be different than people and special is this a scar from my past life or something trust me I never deliberately full blown denied the gospel and I never will
It's not a matter of any of that, one name for Jesus is redeemer. The fact that you never denied the Gospel is a good sign, now you need to accept it, you need to come to Jesus as you are ! He takes us best when we are broken, that's how I was when I turned to him in 1979, never denied Him but didn't accept Him as my savior. My life internally was a train wreck, that's how we get when the Holy Spirit wants us to turn but we aren't seeing it that way. Now it's your turn. When you turn to Jesus Christ, your old spiritual life is behind you and the bible says forgotten even, you are forgiven the day you ask Him in. Your mind and the devil will play hell with that old information but God has put it away, you are a new man going forward. It's all in scripture, look it up from key words and find the scripture on it for yourself, it's more convincing that way. Believe me you have nothing but hope ahead of you because right now you are at rock bottom.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,161,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The actual unpardonable sin is shown clearly in Mark chapter 3 (full chapter, to get the full picture). You haven't done that. It's clearly seeing Christ and then clearly lying against Him just as in that chapter.

Instead, your story is right here: Luke 15 NIV

Many of us were dead, and now we are alive again!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Nathan Arnold

Feb 20, 2018
Lynchburg
✟38,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I asked god to get rid of the thoughts I was having about committing it with my tongue and I used worship music as a tool to get rid of it and now it dissapeared also I think I might have committed it by doing that? I have no idea but I feel like if I go to sleep ill die

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,161,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I asked god to get rid of the thoughts I was having about committing it with my tongue and I used worship music as a tool to get rid of it and now it dissapeared also I think I might have committed it still? I have no idea but I feel like if I go to sleep ill die

Worship music isn't bad, but it's not the key thing you really need. You really need to listen to Christ Himself, His words, so that you might hear, and thus be changed in your heart.

He forgives sins! You can be rescued!

Look for the words of Christ Himself, the Savior, Who rescues! Listen to Him.

I recommend you read John and Matthew, either one first, as you can understand them.

John 1 NIV
If you need, in Matthew it's fine to begin closer to where Christ is first speaking:
Matthew 3 NIV

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟325,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I asked god to get rid of the thoughts I was having about committing it with my tongue and I used worship music as a tool to get rid of it and now it dissapeared also I think I might have committed it still? I have no idea but I feel like if I go to sleep ill die
Again, get away from what you feel. Learn what the scriptures say not what your imagination says. And I agree that the devil could be playing you for all he has because he doesn't want to lose you. In this world there is indeed spiritual warfare going on, to over come that you need Jesus Christ. The power is in Him not in you to push the demons away. You have yourself backed into a corner, accept Jesus. When I realized I was in over my head and couldn't handle it anymore I freely turned the reigns of my life over to Jesus. And over time my whole life turned around.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Nathan Arnold

Feb 20, 2018
Lynchburg
✟38,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thanks guys for being here

i feel the impending doom vibe to where if I sleep god will kill me in my sleep because of the thoughts i had earlier

i also keep having weird flashbacks of memories so that could be a sign i am doomed

i keep having this memory moments from when I was a kid and doing stuff that i never remembered before

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟325,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
thanks guys for being here

i feel the impending doom vibe to where if I sleep god will kill me in my sleep because of the thoughts i had earlier

i also keep having weird flashbacks of memories so that could be a sign i am doomed

i keep having this memory moments from when I was a kid and doing stuff that i never remembered before
Nathan, Jesus is the deal breaker to get you away from this torment. In Christ, God is for you and not against you. You're trying to do this on your own, you need the redeeming power of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Nathan Arnold

Feb 20, 2018
Lynchburg
✟38,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
what about this:
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

i keep falling into temptation because I cant compete with it it just is too much I need to work on the sexual immoral sins not that I touch but I look at girls with lust

the thing that you had a measure scared me into never intentionally sinning ever but would if temptation is too much that i like the lust can i ever stop or change my mind on that

and what on earth is the 'sin unto death' i heard people who died a day after when they received the knowledge of the truth and just refused this guy named pastor tim told me a bunch of people died after rejecting

should i be playing video games, lets face it man never created it demons did to get the whole earth to worship satan in the end game because nothing can absolutely corrupt humanity rather than fantasy in reality

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟325,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Sexual sins of lust, even masturbation is something we work on gaining perfection in. We are human beings and God knows we are not perfect. The thing is to bring our sins before God ( confess them to Him) vs trying to hide them. And ask for help in this weak area of our lives. Sexuality is just about the strongest pull on us in the flesh that exists in the natural man, in our fleshly bodies we live in on earth. When we are In Christ Jesus, God see's our spirit as pure because of the blood of Jesus, that is why He sent his Son here to die in our place. By accepting Jesus, we have an active confessional in Him while we seek to clean our flesh the best we can, but the flesh is weak and it is an on going battle. One day we will pass on and be with God where we get a different form of our bodies that will lack this lust. You won't go to hell because you had a thought of lust for a woman ( what man does not recognize a beautiful woman when he see one or woman who sees a great looking guy for that matter. You can learn to look/admire vs thinking sexual thoughts about her though, in time) but you will if you never accepted Jesus Christ. Meanwhile in accepting Jesus you gain the tools needed to help you control that lust if you actively pursue that help.

Nathan you might think about this: Some of the greatest writers of the bible God chose to use in their time and also to write the words we read in the bible even today. Think about David ( killed a man had sex with his wife), Solomon ( sought many wives and riches), Moses ( killed a man, fell down drunk at one point) Saul/Paul ( persecuted Christians), all sinners, even murderers, even against the Christians in one case but when confronted by God and by Jesus Christ they believed Him. Like Abraham himself who simply believed God, knew His ways and trusted Him, and it was counted to him as righteousness. Think of yourself right now, Nathan, as being confronted by God. Now just believe and let that grow to trust and reliance on Him.

Jesus is knocking, He loves you and wants the best for you. He is not your enemy, it's time to let Him in.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0