Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To me, being charismatic basically means that you believe that the spiritual gifts (tongues, healing, etc) are still being used today. Most charismatic churches differ only slightly in doctrine from most non-charismatic churches.

Now, charismatics can be pretty lively during church, and I think that's why alot of others think we're too emotional, but Matthew 22 tells us the greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind. 'Nuff said for me.

Upvote 0

pmarquette

Nov 17, 2003
Auburn , IL.
Visit site
✟8,938.00
Faith
Protestant
All authority is given to the church ... we the body .... we the modern day apostles , prophets , preachers , teachers ....

If we do not get up off our blessed assuarances and go and do , it won't get done ...

There should be a fire within you , as with Jeremiah .... to go and do some thing with this most precious gift .... your part of the body .... a compulsion to greatness ...

Upvote 0

Jim B

Jan 12, 2004
Nacogdoches Texas
✟8,962.00
Faith
Christian
Charismatic is also a title you are willing to accept but free to refuse. I speak in tongues, utilize spiritual gifts, and belong to a denomination that many consider Charismatic but I do not like the label are refuse to wear it.

Am I a charismatic? If so, by whose definition?

Jim
\o/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
hey said:
Have any of you seen or performed miracles?

Yes, I have experienced a miracle on my life. One weekend in November I attended a church that had a "communion and prayer for healing service." I am disabled, with an effect of that is severe back and leg pain. I decided to go up for prayer for healing of my back and leg pain, and I was anointed with oil and the elders laid hands on me, and ever since the elder said "amen," the pain went away. Yes, after that weekend some minor pain has come back, but I think it's because of my mistakes of sitting too long, etc, but I have not experienced 1/5 of the pain I experienced before that weekend!

servant4ever

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.