yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Guess I'm just unsure how to submit without choosing to submit as God commands.
The one choice we all have to make is the choice He Gives us >>

Choose TODAY who you will follow.

If someone chooses to follow God, they will do as He says - they don't question it or wonder about if they should or not.

If someone picks and chooses instead, what they want to believe and do, instead of doing God's Word, then they did not choose God as Lord and Master.

It is really simple too.

Everything must be given up , to become Jesus' disciple.

Everything we have and think and hope and do is brought subject to Jesus - His Lordship ,

more gently seen as His Shepherding us - we hear His Voice and follow Him - we will not follow another.

Upvote 0

GoldenRule636

The love of God will transform us
Mar 12, 2017
Canada
✟9,459.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-NDP
Yes.
It is or may be also rebellious and idolatrous.

I don't see how it would be idolatrous. I'm not idolizing anything or anyone other than God. I'm doing my best to be a wife as God outlines is. You also say a lot about following God's commands without questioning them. While that would be ideal, we are still human and are prone to error. We're still going to doubt, and mess up, and run back to the cross, and mess up and sin. It's the human condition, and why Jesus died for our salvation. So while I get what you're saying, it's not really that simple to follow Christ in everything because until we die and are with our Lord, we cannot reach perfection and true righteousness

Upvote 0

GoldenRule636

Mar 12, 2017
Canada
✟9,459.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-NDP
If you signed up for the ARMY, would you follow orders ? Or would you do what the enemy communists countries wanted you to do?

I don't think joining the army and following God are comparable. Besides that, are you saying that it's possible for anyone to follow God perfectly while we're still human? I'm not saying that I won't follow Christ, that is what I want to do, but I'm saying that I don't think that perfectly following God at every turn is possible because man is prone to sin. We just have to keep striving for it.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
When you get married you become his and he becomes yours, you are one.

If he wants to offend himself then he will place him self over you.

The truth is there is no such thing as a place in marriage, I know, I was married for a long time.

Mabey at first you both might fell like there is some place for the two of you but in the end as time goes by , this changes.

It takes two to have a marriage and no marriage lasts that holds placements over the other.

Even in most secs I have seen they divorce even if there laws say they can not, they still do because they think they are over one another.

No matter how he looks at it or you , things will change in time any how, as your duties will be known as his.

And to be successful on the marriage , both of you will have to love each other and show love daily.

And you can not show love when there is some kind of placement held.

I wish you both luck and hope you marry for love and not for the sake just to get married.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No the word "authority" isn't used but so what? It STILL demonstrates when the wife's way of thinking is more reasonable and properly fits the situation God will speak to the husband about it! And he DIDN'T as you say tell Abraham to listen to the situation....he said:

Listen to whatever Sarah tells you" NIV Gen 21

Whatever Sarah has said to you, listen to her voice; NKJ Gen 21

in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice [King James)

You may claim it has nothing to do with submission....well whatever you want to call it it's till God telling the husband TO DO what the wife says to do.

This still does not refer to authority in any form of the word. Rather Abraham is submitting to God. NOT Sarah.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Been married over 30+ year now. Remember.. for the man.. He loves her like Christ loves the Church. So THINK how we treat Him...and look how He reacts.. forgives us no matter what. Never forces us makes us do think say anything. He gave His loves His life for the CHURCH. What greater love is there.

So what the woman does as is written the man will do even more. The TWO shall become ONE not one greater then the other..but ONE FLESH. 1st cor 13..thats MEN and WOMEN do that think that live that. So I never make have my wife obey me. Its HER choice. As my choice to listen obey her. She is mine and I am hers. There are SOME that LOVE to rule over the woman. To control.. none of which is in the word.

Again.. Christ is our best example. How did does He treat the CHURCH? Thats how a man must treat the woman. Look how the Father treated Israel. Israel cheated on the Father.. sold her self to others. Yet what did this GOD do? He waited in line with others.. then bought her back.. WOW what love. So if one loves you.. you are the best thing to have ever happen and are such a gift a joy.. to be treasured..on and on. Took me a LONG time to see this. To love her no matter what she does or says. The best part of me is HER. We are ONE..not two. No one controls the other. No one summits obeys so to speak. One must put LOVE in that also. Are we not to submit obey the Father? Yet look what He did does.. still loves forgives ..stll sees the best in us.. and NEVER leaves us nor forsakes us. Is always for us.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenRule636
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This still does not refer to authority in any form of the word. Rather Abraham is submitting to God. NOT Sarah.

You really do seem to want to fight against the very notion that God will sometimes, maybe lots of times tells a husband that what he wants to do is wrong and the wife's counsel is right. Alright, YOU WIN! Let's have it your way! God looks at a situation and IF the wife is indeed RIGHT he adds his voice to the wife's and tells the husband to knock it off OR make the proper adjustment to be in line with himself [God] and the husband's wife. YES...the man/husband would be submitting to God. Are we good now? Happy? The point is females or wives do not have to think their opinions mean absolutely nothing to God. If she's right God will address it IF she's a praying person.

Upvote 0

GoldenRule636

Mar 12, 2017
Canada
✟9,459.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-NDP
When you get married you become his and he becomes yours, you are one.

If he wants to offend himself then he will place him self over you.

The truth is there is no such thing as a place in marriage, I know, I was married for a long time.

Maybe at first you both might fell like there is some place for the two of you but in the end as time goes by , this changes.

It takes two to have a marriage and no marriage lasts that holds placements over the other.

Even in most secs I have seen they divorce even if there laws say they can not, they still do because they think they are over one another.

No matter how he looks at it or you , things will change in time any how, as your duties will be known as his.

And to be successful on the marriage , both of you will have to love each other and show love daily.

And you can not show love when there is some kind of placement held.

I wish you both luck and hope you marry for love and not for the sake just to get married.

You've got a great point. Submitting to my husband doesn't necessarily mean that I need to be thought of as less than one or the other. We will become one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenRule636

Mar 12, 2017
Canada
✟9,459.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-NDP
Been married over 30+ year now. Remember.. for the man.. He loves her like Christ loves the Church. So THINK how we treat Him...and look how He reacts.. forgives us no matter what. Never forces us makes us do think say anything. He gave His loves His life for the CHURCH. What greater love is there.

So what the woman does as is written the man will do even more. The TWO shall become ONE not one greater then the other..but ONE FLESH. 1st cor 13..thats MEN and WOMEN do that think that live that. So I never make have my wife obey me. Its HER choice. As my choice to listen obey her. She is mine and I am hers. There are SOME that LOVE to rule over the woman. To control.. none of which is in the word.

Again.. Christ is our best example. How did does He treat the CHURCH? Thats how a man must treat the woman. Look how the Father treated Israel. Israel cheated on the Father.. sold her self to others. Yet what did this GOD do? He waited in line with others.. then bought her back.. WOW what love. So if one loves you.. you are the best thing to have ever happen and are such a gift a joy.. to be treasured..on and on. Took me a LONG time to see this. To love her no matter what she does or says. The best part of me is HER. We are ONE..not two. No one controls the other. No one summits obeys so to speak. One must put LOVE in that also. Are we not to submit obey the Father? Yet look what He did does.. still loves forgives ..stll sees the best in us.. and NEVER leaves us nor forsakes us. Is always for us.

That's a great point. We will become one. Not meant to control or be controlled but to lead in love, and to respect that. My boyfriend is very loving, very forgiving, and very caring, so already he's acting the part of a great husband, though we're not married yet. He's never tried to control me, and always takes my input into consideration. That means a lot already. Thanks for the feedback!

Upvote 0

GoldenRule636

Mar 12, 2017
Canada
✟9,459.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-NDP
You really do seem to want to fight against the very notion that God will sometimes, maybe lots of times tells a husband that what he wants to do is wrong and the wife's counsel is right. Alright, YOU WIN! Let's have it your way! God looks at a situation and IF the wife is indeed RIGHT he adds his voice to the wife's and tells the husband to knock it off OR make the proper adjustment to be in line with himself [God] and the husband's wife. YES...the man/husband would be submitting to God. Are we good now? Happy? The point is females or wives do not have to think their opinions mean absolutely nothing to God. If she's right God will address it IF she's a praying person.

I definitely see what you're trying to say. Wives can give counsel to their husbands, and God will mediate that if she's right and her husband is not. I believe that God brought us together, and I trust Him to keep us together. Submission does not mean becoming irrelevant.

I'm sorry that this started a bit of an argument. There shouldn't be anyone needing to win anything.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't think joining the army and following God are comparable. Besides that, are you saying that it's possible for anyone to follow God perfectly while we're still human? I'm not saying that I won't follow Christ, that is what I want to do, but I'm saying that I don't think that perfectly following God at every turn is possible because man is prone to sin. We just have to keep striving for it.
The Bible does show it is possible to be perfect, actually. For example the parents of John the Baptist are said to be have followed the Law perfectly. Don't you think that their son John did, too? Not to mention other saints and prophets in the Bible?

We are told to be perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect. We would not be told to be that if it were not possible. Of course it is not possible in our own strength. "With YHWH" aka God "all things are possible." We get perfected more and more, that is true, but the ultimate level of our perfection will be determined by the amount of our surrender to our Lord, and certainly not by how much we tried on our own "strength."

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I never said the wife cannot be right and the man is always right. I simply am talking about authority which you seem to have no clue what it is.

Women have the right to speak up to their husbands but the man has the final say. Anything other than that is not scriptural.

• Agree
Reactions: Enigma42310
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I happen to believe that the Marriage spoken of in the bible is of a spiritual nature, and has little to do with the contracts signed by men and woman in civil agreements.

That being said, if you take some of the bible to be literal, you should take all of it, and not pick and choose based on what sounds good to you.

I like the idea of the getting together with your partner and discussing the terms and only committing to those during ceremonies. If you dont wish to love, honor and obey....dont say it or agree to it.

Better not to make vows at all....than to make them and break them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I simply am talking about authority which you seem to have no clue what it is.
Wrong!
Women have the right to speak up to their husbands but the man has the final say.
Depending. If the husband has encouraged the wife to do immoral things or treats her in an extremely abusive fashion he doesn't have say of anything regardless of his claims to the contrary.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You've got a great point. Submitting to my husband doesn't necessarily mean that I need to be thought of as less than one or the other. We will become one.
When I was working in the school system I had principals. I had to submit to their authority. Never did that make me feel the principal was superior to me, and generally they didn't feel that way either. He just had a different role and, really, more stress and more accountability.

Now, while the husband can be analogous to the principal, there is the Superintendent, the Almighty. And there is a contract which both the teacher and the principal have to abide by. The analogy here would be the Bible as the contract.

If the husband is violating the contract by serious abuse or by immoral behavior such as adultery, even inappropriate content, then you do not have to support Him in that, as the "contract", the Bible, is from the Almighty.

Do you think your fiance wants to be abusive? Does he, or say his father or any brothers, have a history of that? Does he want to live an immoral life? If the answers are No, well, let him have the greater responsibility of being the leader. Many women long for their husbands to step up to the bat and do that. It doesn't mean you are inferior. Not in the slightest. It is all about whether or not you think he is up to that job. Again, detailed discussions, with possible future scenarios, can help you decide that.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
e the adventure, they want to be apart of the adventure…is your life an adventure? You have to Be adventurous first before you even think about women….. the only way to have an adventure to follow jesus, get out of your comfort zone…and follow his call for your life!

You had a good deal. I was a teacher.....I felt the principal did think the were superior and could do and say what they wanted with no consequence.... and they were partly right. I think I get this feeling from most of my employee boss relationships, although few acted on it. There is something about being able to fire someone if they dont do thing the way you like, that gives a natural feeling of having more power.

Now, while the husband can be analogous to the principal, there is the Superintendent, the Almighty. And there is a contract which both the teacher and the principal have to abide by. The analogy here would be the Bible as the contract.

This would imply that God gives control of the live or soul of another to ones husband......I dont see this to be the case. No one should be put in front of, or before God.....

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You had a good deal. I was a teacher.....I felt the principal did think the were superior and could do and say what they wanted with no consequence.... and they were partly right. I think I get this feeling from most of my employee boss relationships, although few acted on it. There is something about being able to fire someone if they dont do thing the way you like, that gives a natural feeling of having more power.

This would imply that God gives control of the live or soul of another to ones husband......I dont see this to be the case. No one should be put in front of, or before God.....
Where did I say that anyone was being given control over the life, much less the soul, of anyone else? Please do not accuse people of saying things they no way said.

I gave an analogy of the teacher and principal. Does a principal have control over the life, much less the soul, of the teacher, or other staff in the school? Of course not. If the teacher submits to the principal (where he is not violating the Contract) does that mean she is putting him (or her) before the Lord? Of course not!

If you talk about YHWH, aka God, you can give your humble opinions or you can quote Scriptures. I prefer Scriptures. If you put your opinions before His, that is not wise, though. In that case who is making someone a "god" before Him? In fact, if you feel that way, why read the Bible at all?

Now below we see that our Heavenly Father has no interest whatsoever in seeing that wives are considered to be inferior, or that they should be abused. In fact, He makes it clear that He wants wives to be treated well, and that if they are not there will be serious consequences to the husband.:

1 Peter 3:7 (CEBA) Husbands, likewise, submit by living with your wife in ways that honor her, knowing that she is the weaker partner. Honor her all the more, as she is also a coheir of the gracious care of life. Do this so that your prayers won't be hindered.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did I say that anyone was being given control over the life, much less the soul, of anyone else? Please do not accuse people of saying things they no way said.

I gave an analogy of the teacher and principal. Does a principal have control over the life, much less the soul, of the teacher, or other staff in the school? Of course not. If the teacher submits to the principal (where he is not violating the Contract) does that mean she is putting him (or her) before the Lord? Of course not!

If you talk about YHWH, aka God, you can give your humble opinions or you can quote Scriptures. I prefer Scriptures. If you put your opinions before His, that is not wise, though. In that case who is making someone a "god" before Him? In fact, if you feel that way, why read the Bible at all?

Now below we see that our Heavenly Father has no interest whatsoever in seeing that wives are considered to be inferior, or that they should be abused. In fact, He makes it clear that He wants wives to be treated well, and that if they are not there will be serious consequences to the husband.:

1 Peter 3:7 (CEBA) Husbands, likewise, submit by living with your wife in ways that honor her, knowing that she is the weaker partner. Honor her all the more, as she is also a coheir of the gracious care of life. Do this so that your prayers won't be hindered.
You are right....I repent of my comment and will remember the name, to make sure this mistake is not repeated.

Thanks for the conversation.

Upvote 0