• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Am I alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm still asking for the here and now...the answer will be up to Him. His grace IS sufficient, and I agree with that. When you've seen His grace bring a 4th stage cancer patient SUDDENLY out of all danger and come fully back...and used us to pray for it...you begin to realize that you shouldn't NOT ASK.

Reactions: GritsnGrace
Upvote 0

Rut

All creation points to the almighty Creator.
Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Tychicum said:
There is a sure cure for diabetes ... a new body. I got one on order ... delivery is "imminent".

Unfortunately .... until that time ... will have to do with the advice given by the Risen Glorified Lord to the Apostle ---

Sorry I thought about cure in this world.I know all sickness get cured when this happen Rev 21:4

Upvote 0

Rut

Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Tychicum said:
I have been blessed with diabetes for just short of about 10 years ... the first couple years struggling with oral meds as I had been misdiagnosed as a T2 ... given my age.

I wonder why can`t the doctors take all blood test when they suspect diabetes on a person.I have seen it here too that one person have T1 but the doctors thought that was T2 because of the age

Upvote 0

Tizwit

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
✟7,652.00
Faith
Baptist
Actually there have been several people cured of diabetes. The Cure is harsher than the disease at this time and is usually combined with other treatments for the complications.. (kidney and pancrease transplants). there is also the Edminton (?sp) protical but that also has its bad downsides.

Right now I would just be happy with a good BG monitor. They are developing one that is like a patch on the arm it tests every 5 minutes and sends the results to a pager.. That would help a lot.

Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
tams67 said:
Hi everyone. I have been a diabetic for a few years now. I am not on insulin but I do take a pill three times a day for my blood sugar (type 2). It is a daily strugle for me. I work such strange hours and I am not always on a set schedule, so it makes if very hard for me to follow a diet and take my meds when I should. I am so glad I found this site, btw I am in southern Illinois.
Tams

Tams, you sound a lot like me! I work shift work at a grocery store, and also do not have a set schedule. It is hard to determine just when exactly to take my meds. I try to keep it within a few hours time frame though.
Oh, and welcome to CF!:hug:

Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just Me Garry said:
I have had type 2 diabetes for over 11 years now and I know what it is like to deal with this disease. Also have hypertension (high blood pressure). There are more people who worldwide who die from diabetes that all the HIV-AIDs combined. Of course the United States government is totally oblivious to such statistics.

Right now my diabetes is under pretty good control but I have been spilling protein in my urine (sorry not a nice thing to talk about but is serious) which means that I am at risk for renal failure or kidney failure even though I am trying to keep a tight control on my blood pressure and diabetes.

Diabetes can be managed though but watch out for these people who claim there is a cure for diabetes. They will rip you off financially. But it can be managed. Here are couple of good links for you to check out on the web if someone has not already posted them:

http://www.dfandiabetes.com/cdl/index.html

http://www.elviradarknight.com/diabetes/info.html

I hope this helps you out some. It scares me now some because of my kidney function so I understand what you are up against.
Blessings
Garry:angel:

Thanks for joining the thread, Garry. We appreciate the links, and any advice you can spare! Yes, kidney disorders scare me, too. That is what this thread is for, to share our symptoms, and helping each other out!

Upvote 0

Tychicum

May 4, 2006
✟8,592.00
Faith
Protestant
There is a resource which I am hesitant to recommend ... (as it is quite hostile at times) but which is the be-all-and-end-all for Diabetes information.

This is the Internet newsgroup <misc.health.diabetes>.

One obstacle is that you need to figure out how to get to newsgroups ... the crudest way is by way of google newsgroups ...

But once you get there ... there are plenty of very knowledgeable folks in there ... including the odd Endocrinologist who posts there from time to time.

The core group is much more knowledgeable and certainly more helpful than your garden variety doctor. Much more.

The problem is frankly some diabetics are bitter lonely people who only want to spew anger for having the disease. I'm sure you know the types.

Anyway that disclaimer understood ... if one has diet questions, insulin adjustment issues, or simply wants to read in anonymity the stories and experiences of dozens ... sometimes hundreds .... of diabetics who post there daily it is a very interesting place to look.

Upvote 0

Rut

Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Tychicum said:
This is the Internet newsgroup <misc.health.diabetes>.

One obstacle is that you need to figure out how to get to newsgroups ... the crudest way is by way of google newsgroups ...

But once you get there ... there are plenty of very knowledgeable folks in there ... including the odd Endocrinologist who posts there from time to time.

The core group is much more knowledgeable and certainly more helpful than your garden variety doctor. Much more.

Sounds intresting.Can you not give us the direct link to this?:blush:

Upvote 0

Tychicum

May 4, 2006
✟8,592.00
Faith
Protestant
Rut said:
Sounds intresting.Can you not give us the direct link to this?:blush:
Had to wait until I had enough privilages ...

Here is a browser link:

http://groups.google.ca/group/misc.health.diabetes?lnk=gschg&hl=en

But using a browser and google to read newsgroups is a little like using a shopping cart to drive across America. There is a way to use Outlook to read newsgroups but that too is a awful experience.

Newsgroups are more like email than web pages. Once you have used the above for a while ... and if you are interested ... PM me and I will coach you through the steps to download a proper free newsreader software and configure it.

While I am at it ... here is another google link to alt.support.diabetes ...

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.support.diabetes

This site is more for encouragement than technical advice. The folks are a little less crude here ... but don't be thinkin' that it is a Christian friendly bunch in there. Most certainly there may be a few Christians in there ... but it ain't no church service (if you know what I mean).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eaglex

Veteran
Oct 29, 2004
Texas
✟9,878.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Believe me mamabear you are not alone. I have had diabetes for a few years now and to tell you the truth it is a pain in the a--. My vision is blurred when I take my galsses off and sometimes you get thirsty a lot. Anyway I am trying to control it with medicene and I pray to THE LORD that he comes back ASAP. If you want to talk just PMed me.

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I just discovered the Diabetes area and figured I should say hello :D

I've been a type one diabetic for 6 years this past April. My family has a history of Type 1 Diabetes - a great uncle on each side has it, and my father does, though he develpoed it after taking steroids to help with the flu ( :doh: ) I think he would've rather had the flu :p

I am using a pump - Minimed Paradigm 512. I love it - I love the freedom it gives me but I hate having to carry it everywhere, especially when wearing dresses and skirts without pockets. My dad still does the shots.

I'm so used to my Diabetes that its a shock when I realize most people don't have to count carbs in their meals or test their blood sugar. And although I hate having the disease, its also been what has created my goal for the future - I want to be a medical researcher and work to find a cure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nienor said:
. And although I hate having the disease, its also been what has created my goal for the future - I want to be a medical researcher and work to find a cure.

Good for you!!! I still struggle with meal times, and only eating what's good for me!!! Although I am not glad you have it, I am glad it was caught at an early enough age you can reprogram your eating habits a little easier!! It is really hard for me!

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
mamabear56 said:
It scares me. It really does.
That is why we need to put our faith, hope, love and trust in God and He will in no way allow us to be put to shame who trust in Him.

1 Peter 2:6
Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,
"Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, elect, precious,
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame."

Upvote 0

littleblue

Jul 7, 2006
✟15,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i was diagnosed with type one Diabetes when i was five years old (so i've had it for 16 years).
it's not an easy disease to live with and the complications are always in the back of my mind.
i have been blessed to have a father to share my concerns with as he has the same disease. it does help to have someone who can relate to you and complain about things with.
....and now i have the opportunity to be on the other end as i am training to be a nurse. sould be very rewarding...

Upvote 0

Kellylaine

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2005
✟7,484.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
littleblue said:
i was diagnosed with type one Diabetes when i was five years old (so i've had it for 16 years).
it's not an easy disease to live with and the complications are always in the back of my mind.
i have been blessed to have a father to share my concerns with as he has the same disease. it does help to have someone who can relate to you and complain about things with.
....and now i have the opportunity to be on the other end as i am training to be a nurse. sould be very rewarding...
Thats great that you can do that make something good come out of it! My Grandma had sugar when she was alive. My doctor did a blood test a while back on me it turned out - but I go back monday I am going to request it because my legs have been turning blue when I sit in a chair. I know some people can have certian problems with diabetes! Good luck to you

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.