• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Am I alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rut said:
That how can help you too is lemon.If you drink lemonwater to the food you eat you can maybe see a diffrent or of course take it in your meal.That how can help you too is nuts.It amazing what nuts can do.I eAt for example to my breakfst only one aple,pear,nuts and drink lemonwater and the bloddsuger goes more down then if I eat my swedish bread and tea.I was suprised when I saw this when I tested it out.

This is really good news Rut. Nuts, fruit, lemon...sounds wonderful...this is something I can do. I'm thinking lemon aid with splenda will be pretty terrific.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have had Type 2 since I was 21 (yes, it really is type 2!), and took oral medications for about 25 years until my pancreas finally gave out. I've been on insulin since then, and it's really not so bad. Insulin allows me to get better control - it's just more troublesome. Thank God that real human insulin is available synthetically! :prayer:

Reactions: GritsnGrace
Upvote 0

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
mamabear56 said:
Hi Merlin, I don't think you missed anything. I am type II. Diagnosed in November 2003.
Hello mamabear,

It may not seem significant, but there is such a huge difference between type I and II.

Very often, type II is reversible.
Now I can't say it is in all cases, and I don't know about you specifically, but I can encourage you and give you hope
hugs.gif

1BHS.gif

Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Merlin said:
Hello mamabear,

It may not seem significant, but there is such a huge difference between type I and II.

Very often, type II is reversible.
Now I can't say it is in all cases, and I don't know about you specifically, but I can encourage you and give you hope
hugs.gif

1BHS.gif

Oh, I know there is a big difference. My doctor told me if I could lose about 40 pounds, I could probably go off my medication. I have lost about 15 or 20 I think since then, and my numbers have been looking better. I don't take insulin, and am going to try my hardest not to have to! Thanks for the encouragement!

Upvote 0

Rut

All creation points to the almighty Creator.
Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Qidron said:
This is really good news Rut. Nuts, fruit, lemon...sounds wonderful...this is something I can do. I'm thinking lemon aid with splenda will be pretty terrific.

Thank you!

Have you try this yet and how was it

Upvote 0

Evee

May 1, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟11,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Type 1 is far more serious than type 2.
Type I has to take insulin in most if not all cases.
Type 2 can be controlled with metformin and diet.
My sister's doctor told her she could reverse it with diet and exercise. She has type 2.
What little I know to pass own.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Qidron

GLEAN
Sep 1, 2004
BEREA, OHIO!
✟12,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I WAS controlling it with metformin but something stopped working and I'm still trying to get the sugar level down...it isn't going so well either. It seemed to at the beginning...I started eating barley and exercise, but it is not going so well now. I'd appreciate prayer for what to do next.

I have been putting splenda and lemon juice into my no sugar tea. It's fine. I haven't done the lemonaid yet. I will try it in the morning tho....thanks for the reminder.
:)

Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Evee said:
Type 1 is far more serious than type 2.
Type I has to take insulin in most if not all cases.
Type 2 can be controlled with metformin and diet.
My sister's doctor told her she could reverse it with diet and exercise. She has type 2.
What little I know to pass own.:)

Generally, yes, but Type 2 can be just as devastating if not taken care of properly. A good friend of mine lost her life last year after a very long hard battle with 2. She did take care of herself, but it still beat her.

Upvote 0

Rut

Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Qidron said:
Well, I WAS controlling it with metformin but something stopped working and I'm still trying to get the sugar level down...it isn't going so well either. It seemed to at the beginning...I started eating barley and exercise, but it is not going so well now. I'd appreciate prayer for what to do next.

I have been putting splenda and lemon juice into my no sugar tea. It's fine. I haven't done the lemonaid yet. I will try it in the morning tho....thanks for the reminder.
:)

You are welcome I was courius if that can help other too.I learned that from the last time I was in the hospital.If you have trouble with you bloodsuger try to not eat wheat flavor and milkproducts too.I know that can be hard.;) The hospital learned me that too and I am not so strict about it but I have cut down with that and it have helped me.If you want to tell me when are you bloodsuger high over the hole day or morning evening.I learned something there too.I shall pray

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

You Are The Salt And Light Of The World
Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
mamabear56 said:
I am sure I am not alone with this disease. Is there anyone else out there who has this, that I can talk to about it? It scares me. It really does. I have lost one best friend to it, and another best friends mother to it. My father had it, and I have it. I need to be able to get it under control, because I want to live long enough to see grandbabies. :(

I have soooo many friends with diabetes. One of them has the pump which she likes very much. You are not alone. May I recommend that you do your own research on the web about diabetes. There is a wealth of information out there and much learn. Here are some suggested searches:

low glycemic foods
good nutrition for diabetics
herbs for diabetics
teas for diabetics

A good diet for anyone would be a diet that has little impact on blood sugar. A can of coke can depress your immune system by 50% for several hours.

The best sugar substitute is Stevia - natural and has no glycemic load. It doesn't spike your blood sugar and it doesn't trick your body into thinking you just ate sugar.

Recent research gives Splenda a bad reputation. Splenda is associated with some serious illnesses. It also tricks your body into thinking you ate sugar and your pancreas will pump out the insulin.

Limit your carbs, but limit your simple carbs like white flour, pasta, and potatos. Eating any of these things is like eating straight sugar.

You can find web sites that will list fruits that have a low glycemic load such as Mangos, blueberries etc.

If you have questions. Feel free to ask.
May God give you peace of mind. In Jesus I pray.
Amen.:prayer:
Inhisgripkim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
inHisgripkim said:
I have soooo many friends with diabetes. One of them has the pump which she likes very much. You are not alone. May I recommend that you do your own research on the web about diabetes. There is a wealth of information out there and much learn. Here are some suggested searches:

low glycemic foods
herbs for diabetics
teas for diabetics

A good diet for anyone would be a diet that has little impact on blood sugar. A can of coke can depress your immune system by 50% for several hours.

The best sugar substitute is Stevia - natural and has no glycemic load. It doesn't spike your blood sugar and it doesn't trick your body into thinking you just ate sugar.

Recent research gives Splenda a bad reputation. Splenda is associated with some serious illnesses. It also tricks your body into thinking you ate sugar and your pancreas will pump out the insulin.

Limit your carbs, but limit your simple carbs like white flour, pasta, and potatos. Eating any of these things is like eating straight sugar.

You can find web sites that will list fruits that have a low glycemic load such as Mangos, blueberries etc.

If you have questions. Feel free to ask.
May God give you peace of mind. In Jesus I pray.
Amen.:prayer:
Inhisgripkim

Thanks for all the info, some I had never realized. I have heard of Stevia, but not sure if it is affordable or available here. I haven't really looked into glycemic foods. I have a doctor appointment today, so I'll ask her about that today.

Upvote 0

GritsnGrace

Legend
Sep 23, 2002
Louisiana
Visit site
✟38,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rock_star2011 said:
You shouldn`t really worry about . My cousin has had it since she was 2 and is living her everyday life with a determination of being an outstnding person. she is only 2 weeks older than me.

Thanks! with proper care, I know I can live a long life. I just get distressed sometimes, and over whelmed. I went to the doctor today, and had a good visit. I have a cousin, though, with Type 1, who, even though he followed his diet corrctly, took his meds like he was supposed to, still lost his eyesight!

Upvote 0

Rut

Oct 31, 2005
Norway
✟64,460.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
inHisgripkim said:
May I recommend that you do your own research on the web about diabetes. There is a wealth of information out there and much learn. Here are some suggested searches:

low glycemic foods
herbs for diabetics
teas for diabetics

Inhisgripkim

Thank you very much for the information.I did not know that they had any special tea for diabetes and that Splenda was not so good.I have not Splenda in Norway but when I am in Canada my friends give me that

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.