California
✟10,591.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your proof that God exists is the Banana? Its a fruit which was first domesticated thousands of years ago and has been bred to taste good, be easy to eat, and be easy to harvest. What is your next "proof," Labrador retrievers are friendly, therefore God exists?

Yikes. Funny how the banana thing comes up every few months.

Picture of some wild bananas:

PBF_02_3_image_04_full.jpg

Oh, and a link in case you want to read more about bananas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana

http://www.pacificbiological.org.au/projects/PBF_02_3/pbf_02_3.htm

Upvote 0

metherion

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
✟13,623.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's just a pity he didn't get into about how bananas are widespread fruit, growable in any climate with a minimum of rainfall and care. Oops. They aren't, are they? Ah well.

He also didn't get into the fact that the seeds are very tiny so that animals will eat them instead of eating around them and crap them out elsewhere. Which is useless for humans since we don't just poop anywhere and leave it there for long enough to have a tree grow out of it.

Metherion

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
MSBS said:
Your proof that God exists is the Banana? Its a fruit which was first domesticated thousands of years ago and has been bred to taste good, be easy to eat, and be easy to harvest. What is your next "proof," Labrador retrievers are friendly, therefore God exists?

Yikes. Funny how the banana thing comes up every few months.

Picture of some wild bananas:

PBF_02_3_image_04_full.jpg

Oh, and a link in case you want to read more about bananas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana

http://www.pacificbiological.org.au/projects/PBF_02_3/pbf_02_3.htm

Illuminatus == atheist. You're preaching to the choir, mate.

Upvote 0

MSBS

Jul 29, 2002
California
✟10,591.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Illuminatus said:
Illuminatus == atheist. You're preaching to the choir, mate.

LOL....Haven't been around that much the last few months, so didn't recognize the name. Poe's law does come in to effect though-- some times you just can't tell the difference.

Upvote 0

moogoob

Resident Deist
Jun 14, 2006
✟16,082.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
CA-Others
BeamMeUpScotty said:
I guess coconuts must have been developed by Satan.

Thought the following quote from my favourite author was particularly appropriate. :)

Cryptonomicon said:
...that nuts are the genitalia of trees is never more obvious than when you are looking at a cluster of swelling young coconuts nestled in the hairy dark groin of a palm tree. It’s surprising that the Spanish missionaries didn’t have the whole species eradicated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Which, of course, explains the Durian... a delicacy in the Pacific Rim. (did I mention you're not allowed to bring these on airplanes or the subway in Singapore because they smell like old wet sweatsocks?)

Durian.jpg

Reactions: rmwilliamsll
Upvote 0

Velo Princesse

The Glue That Holds It All Together
Jan 12, 2005
✟17,079.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Personally, I believe that bananas are proof that no god exists.

Banana's are very possibly the best tasting fruit ever, they fit perfectly in the human hand, have a bio-degradable, non stick, perferated wrapping, fit nicely into the pockets on the back of a cyclists jersey BUT come in bushels of about 7 and go bad in roughly 2 1/2 minutes. So, if you aren't going to eat them immediately they all turn black... at once, no less.

Either banana's are sure proof that there is no god or they are proof that s/he is twisted and mean.

Upvote 0

Dal M.

...more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...
Jan 28, 2004
Ohio
✟9,758.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Edx said:

Eh. You're unlikely to win any awards for outstanding journalism if you a.) choose a target as easy as Westboro Baptist, who are so crazy they make the Ann Coulter-hugging folks at Fox look like moderates - which was, I have to suspect, the point - and b.) allow the segment to degenerate into a shouting match.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Edx

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2005
✟5,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Dal M. said:
Eh. You're unlikely to win any awards for outstanding journalism if you a.) choose a target as easy as Westboro Baptist, who are so crazy they make the Ann Coulter-hugging folks at Fox look like moderates - which was, I have to suspect, the point - and b.) allow the segment to degenerate into a shouting match.

Oh it wasnt outstanding journalism. I just liked how they actually expressed an opinion. We dont see that in UK.

Upvote 0

Psudopod

Godspeed, Spacebat
Apr 11, 2006
Bath
✟11,638.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh it wasnt outstanding journalism. I just liked how they actually expressed an opinion. We dont see that in UK.

Which papers are you reading? Some of them have very strong opinions on things. I don't know about news reports, I haven't tuned in my TV since the Afganistan incident.

Upvote 0