• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Alleles or Alleluia?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by AV1611VET, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Alleles

2. Alleluia

3. Both

4. Neither

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+41,046
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Please vote responsibly.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jazer

Jazer Guest

+0
    What does this have to do with creation?

3. AV1611VET

+41,046
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Creation:

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
    5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
    6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
    7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Evolution:

Alleles

4. Jazer

Jazer Guest

+0
    I do not know why the words are spelled alike, because they are pronounced different. Alleles are temporal. Alleluia are eternal.

Luke 19:40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

5. FreethinkerWWJD

FreethinkerWWJD Newbie

+1
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Both... and no one has ever put forth a good reason why it shouldn't be both... at least not in light of the Bible and science.

Side note: I don't think you are going to get many votes on this forum because I would bet 80% of the people here don't know what Alleles are! Although they probably claim a FIRM conviction and knowledge of evolution!

6. AV1611VET

+41,046
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I love your [fake] omniscience.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  7. CaliforniaSun

CaliforniaSun Well-Known Member

+41
    Atheist
    Private
    Anonymous poetry. Cool.

Alvíssmál 20 It is named 'wind' with the Humans. But 'waverer' with [the Æsir] the gods. [The Vanir] the enchanting-rulers call it 'neigher' [making sounds like a horse]. The Jötnar 'shrieker' [during deadly arctic storms]. The Álfar 'whistler'. In Hel, [the dead] call it 'squall' [a sharp increase in wind speed before a rain]. Vindr heitir með mönnum. en váfuðr með goðum. kalla gneggjuð ginnregin. æpi jötnar. alfar dynfara. kalla í helju hviðuð.

8. Freodin

Freodin Devout believer in a theologically different God

+3,490
    Atheist
    Neither.... Alemannia!

9. Jazer

Jazer Guest

+0
    Isn't Alleles a German word? It must mean something.

10. CabVet

CabVet Question everything

+150
    Agnostic
    Married
    US-Others
  11. CabVet

CabVet Question everything

+150
    Agnostic
    Married
    US-Others
    For somebody who criticizes evolution as much as you do, I would expect you to know what that means. But since you don't, an allele is one of two or more forms of a gene or locus. More details here:

Allele - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

12. Guy1

Guy1 Senior Member

+9
    Atheist
    Single
    They're called Alleles. I can assure you.

13. Jazer

Jazer Guest

+0
    I did look it up and the dictionary said it was a german word. Alleluia is a latin word.
    There really is not much in the way of connection between Latin and German.

In case you missed it the question is do you accept evolution or God.
    R we here because of blind chance or because God ordained it.

14. Freodin

Freodin Devout believer in a theologically different God

+3,490
    Atheist
    I don't know what kind of dictionary you use, but I'd advise you to throw it into the trash.

Alleles is greek based, not german. Alleluia is a hebrew based, not latin.

15. verysincere

verysincere Exegete/Linguist

+73
    Non-Denom
    Married

They aren't.

But more importantly, what in the world does the question have to do with "Creation & Evolution"?

There is no doubt that alleles exist and are very important. And Bible-believing Christians would agree that "Alleluia" is their response to all which God has created (including alleles.)

So the question is pointless.

But some Christian leaders have long been known for promoting false dichotomies. This is a great example. Why would anyone ever have to choose between an allele and a Hebrew praise word?

16. Guy1

Guy1 Senior Member

+9
    Atheist
    Single
    More like we're here because of random mutations acted upon in a non-random fashion by environmental pressures (I.e. Not due to simple "Blind chance")... or because your god ordained it.

17. verysincere

verysincere Exegete/Linguist

+73
    Non-Denom
    Married
    A Latin transliteration of a Hebrew word is more accurate.

No. The question stated nothing of the sort.

And why do you assume the false dichotomy that evolution and God are opposing choices? Considering the huge number of American scientists who are theists, the question makes little sense. We accept that God established evolutionary processes to adapt living organisms to changing environments and to diversify the biosphere.

The Bible is fine with this concept so why would you oppose it?

It is hard to know where to begin with this many erroneous presuppositions.

As to "blind chance" the scriptures claim that God uses "chance" for his purposes and that he controls the outcome of the casting of lots. So once again we see a false dichotomy posed here.

As to "God ordaining" it, the Bible certainly states that God ordained chance.

And the evidence from creation itself tells us that God ordained evolutionary processes for His glory. (And the Bible says nothing which would deny the facts of evolution.)

Chance is not what is blind here.

18. Jazer

Jazer Guest

+0
    I have said many times there is no conflict between Science and the Bible. What part of that are you having problems understanding?

19. JanetReed

JanetReed Newbie

+2
    Agnostic
    Engaged
    The part where you say 'there is no conflict between Science and the Bible'.
    If there were no conflicts how come most scientists don't believe the Bible is true?
    I think you are saying something that you wish was true and not something that is true.

You are like the person who says 'I don't know what adultery is but I know it's wrong'.

20. CaliforniaSun

CaliforniaSun Well-Known Member

+41
    Atheist
    Private
    Then I'll say you understand neither very well.