New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Dost thou needest to see all of those verses again
re: those who practice righteousness are righteous
(in the eyes of the Lord)?
A truly converted Christian will practice righteousness because his heart has been totally transformed to love righteousness and hate sin (in himself).

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What do you think about several people
who have visited hell and came back ...
saying that some are in hell for not tithing?
They say God takes tithing very seriously, and
does not take kindly to people robbing Him, etc.
For every true experience there is a counterfeit.

• Agree
Reactions: Missy08
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
A truly converted Christian will practice righteousness because
his heart has been totally transformed to love righteousness and hate sin
(in himself).
Yes, but people find fault and call this derogatorily
to be self-righteousness, works righteousness, etc.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but people find fault and call this derogatorily
to be self-righteousness, works righteousness, etc.
It doesn't matter what others think and say. If a person knows in their heart that they are truly converted to Christ, and are crying out to Him night and day to gain more freedom from sin and a greater degree of personal holiness, because they know it can only be the work of the Holy Spirit within them, then it cannot be self-righteousness, but a sincere effort to ensure that Christ is glorified through their life.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What do you think about several people
who have visited hell and came back ...
saying that some are in hell for not tithing?
They say God takes tithing very seriously, and
does not take kindly to people robbing Him, etc.

It might seem odd to you, but there is no biblical evidence people who visit hell are allowed to come back and tell people anything.

One person asked permission to warn of hell after being there and was denied.

Other than that, there were descriptions of heaven from prophets who saw it, and a description of hell from Jesus - who is God in the flesh..

I'm unwilling to believe just anyone who gives extra biblical accounts of things they say they saw in death. We fight against principalities and powers, against the rulers of darkness in this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

we base our faith on what the Bible teaches without ignoring half of it.

The Bible tells us and shows us we will sin and that God will forgive us.

He doesn't tell us absolute perfection or we will be sent to hell, anywhere in scripture.

We aren't going to be perfect. Only Christ is perfect. Through Christ we are sanctified, but sanctified doesn't make us perfect people, it makes us sanctified.

You all are driving people away from Christ who have mental health issues. Your doing nothing but confusing people - and yourselves.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a poor sinner, and nothing at all;
But Jesus Christ is my all and in all.

So I'm in no place at all to say that anyone, including habitual sinners, will definitely be lost.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I urge you to check out YouTubes about peoples' testimonies of going to hell and back.
I don't find the testimonies of people who claim to have gone to Hell and back to be in the slightest bit credible - nor should you.

"And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father’s house— for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ But Abraham *said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’ But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”

I really don't think God has changed His mind since writing the scriptures for us about how to witness to the world and is now sending people back from Hell.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟177,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't find the testimonies of people who claim to have gone to Hell and back to be in the slightest bit credible - nor should you.

"And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father’s house— for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ But Abraham *said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ But he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!’ But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”

I really don't think God has changed His mind since writing the scriptures for us about how to witness to the world and is now sending people back from Hell.

Yea I find the testimonies silly too.

I had a good laugh when I saw "But father Abraham!".

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But that can be just conviction of sin which is just a revealing of sin in ourselves. We still have to go through that narrow gate of Christ - of a total heart commitment to Him as our Saviour and Lord.
As we do, we follow Him, we listen to Him, keeping His words in our minds, looking to Him, remaining in Him. I think it's so good to read and hear all the words in Matthew chapter 7 every year or so Matthew 7 NIV

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
There could be unusual circumstances that God might consider. What about people that suffer from severe pain? What about those who suffer from emotional handicaps? Perhaps someone might also donate more than the tithe or maybe goes the extra mile in helping others? Again, while your point is well taken and I do not mean to diminish it, I still feel that God will judge the entire person.

By the way, if lack of tithing is a habitual sin that places one's soul in jeopardy, then most Christians are in serious trouble. The last poll that I saw showed that the average Christian donates only 2.5% of his/her salary, not 10%.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I really don't think God has changed His mind
about the very real dangers of deserving to go to hell.
FYI, Jesus talked more about hell than about heaven!
In the gospels, I'm talking about, of course.

Mary K. Baxter's book ... "A Divine Revelation of Hell"
has been translated into 130 languages!
That's the sort of thing the Lord does with whatsoever
He has planned and anointed ... such as the most
famous movie of all time (worldwide) ... "JESUS"
Something like 1480 languages in 225 countries!
Hello!

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Repeating from post #6 ...

Heavy-duty WARNINGS are coming forth:
(1) from the NT
(2) from God's prophets and watchmen
(3) from people who have visited hell and returned

These are what one might just call CONFIRMATIONS!
Please be aware of, and heed, these warnings!

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
By the way, if lack of tithing is a habitual sin that places one's soul in jeopardy, then most Christians are in serious trouble. The last poll that I saw showed that the average Christian donates only 2.5% of his/her salary, not 10%.
Yes, I agree with your entire post.
The tithing bit really shocked me!

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
By “habitual sinner” I mean a person who repeatedly
sinswithout repentance. This means everyone
(BACs included) … because everyone can choose to sin. Repentance means to hate your sin, run from it, and don’t do it anymore. If one does slip up and sins again, he/she can repent again as in 1 John 1:9. This is repeated until he/she has overcome the sin,
i.e. gained victory over it.

All habitual sinners will not inherit
the Kingdom of God

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves,
nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the Kingdom of God.”
(1 Corinthians 6:9-10, NKJV)

Please note: the BAC has become unrighteous,
if he/she chooses to live in a lifestyle of habitual sinning.

All habitual sinners will not inherit
the Kingdom of God

“When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before,
that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21, NLT)
“those who practice such things will not inherit
the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:21, NKJV)

All habitual sinners will not inherit the Kingdom
of Christ but instead they will experience
the anger/wrath of God

“Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people. Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes — these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God. You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him.” (Ephesians 5:3-6, NLT)
“Let no one deceive you with empty words,
for because of these things the wrath of God
comes upon the sons of disobedience.”
(Ephesians 5:6, NKJV)

All habitual sinners will experience
the anger/wrath of God

“So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming.” (Colossians 3:5-6, NLT)
“Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience”
(Colossians 3:6, NKJV)

All habitual sinners will go into the lake of fire
“He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. BUT the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:7-8, NKJV)
May I warn you with all sincerity that “the cowardly” includes those BACs in the world (even now) who fall away from the faith during persecution of Christians.
And “the cowardly” will include those BACs who submit to taking the mark of the beast, which is submitting to the ownership of the antichrist, i.e. Satan.

All habitual sinners will not have the right to the tree of life, and will not be allowed into the city of the New Jerusalem
“Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life,
and may enter through the gates into the city.
But outside are the dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters,
and whoever loves and practices a lie.”
(Revelation 22:14-15, NKJV)

BACs = born-again Christians

Perhaps you're right? I wonder about what this means though: Luke 18:10-14

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really don't think God has changed His mind about the very real dangers of deserving to go to hell.
Nor have I.
FYI, Jesus talked more about hell than about heaven! In the gospels, I'm talking about, of course.
Not that it matters a great deal - but actually - no, He didn't.:)

Of the 1944 verses in the gospels with Jesus words, only 60 of them (3%) referred even indirectly to Hell.

There are roughly 3 times as many references (totaling almost 10%) by Jesus of Heaven, His future kingdom, or eternal life as there are of verses even indirectly referencing Hell.
So Jesus did not, in fact, speak more about Hell than about Heaven even though many people insist on saying that He did.

This was one of those instances when He spoke of Hell.

In it He told us that people who would not believe the prophets would not believe even if someone returned from Hell.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
IMO, this is all about the necessity of true and sincere
REPENTANCE!

Do you think someone could sin by giving to the wrong church their tithes? One without authority from God?

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Do you think someone could sin by giving to the wrong church their tithes? One without authority from God?
Do you mean that you know it's God's will for you
to be goin' to another church, and therefore your
tithe is out of God's will?
Whatever your question is about this ...
I really have no idea.

Upvote 0