Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
By “habitual sinner” I mean a person who repeatedly
sins without repentance. This means everyone
(BACs included) … because everyone can choose to sin. Repentance means to hate your sin, run from it, and don’t do it anymore. If one does slip up and sins again, he/she can repent again as in 1 John 1:9. This is repeated until he/she has overcome the sin,
i.e. gained victory over it.

All habitual sinners will not inherit
the Kingdom of God

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves,
nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the Kingdom of God.”
(1 Corinthians 6:9-10, NKJV)

Please note: the BAC has become unrighteous,
if he/she chooses to live in a lifestyle of habitual sinning.

the Kingdom of God

“When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before,
that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21, NLT)
“those who practice such things will not inherit
the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:21, NKJV)

All habitual sinners will not inherit the Kingdom
of Christ but instead they will experience
the anger/wrath of God

“Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people. Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes — these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God. You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him.” (Ephesians 5:3-6, NLT)
“Let no one deceive you with empty words,
for because of these things the wrath of God
comes upon the sons of disobedience.”
(Ephesians 5:6, NKJV)

All habitual sinners will experience
the anger/wrath of God

“So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming.” (Colossians 3:5-6, NLT)
“Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience”
(Colossians 3:6, NKJV)

All habitual sinners will go into the lake of fire
“He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. BUT the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:7-8, NKJV)
May I warn you with all sincerity that “the cowardly” includes those BACs in the world (even now) who fall away from the faith during persecution of Christians.
And “the cowardly” will include those BACs who submit to taking the mark of the beast, which is submitting to the ownership of the antichrist, i.e. Satan.

All habitual sinners will not have the right to the tree of life, and will not be allowed into the city of the New Jerusalem
“Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life,
and may enter through the gates into the city.
But outside are the dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters,
and whoever loves and practices a lie.”
(Revelation 22:14-15, NKJV)

BACs = born-again Christians

Last edited:

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm a poor sinner, and nothing at all;
But Jesus Christ is my all and in all.

So I'm in no place at all to say that anyone, including habitual sinners, will definitely be lost.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Or salvation is not a state, it's a process. We are being saved, or as scripture puts it, working out our salvation with fear and trembling. (Philippians 2:12)

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm in no place at all to say that anyone, including habitual sinners,
will definitely be lost.
Neither am I.
All I do mostly is quote Scripture.
Heavy-duty WARNINGS are coming forth:
(1) from the NT
(2) from God's prophets and watchmen
(3) from people who have visited hell and returned

Please be aware of, and heed, these warnings!

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Or salvation is not a state, it's a process. We are being saved, or as scripture puts it, working out our salvation with fear and trembling. (Philippians 2:12)
Yes, brother, you are absolutely correct.
IMO, it's all about our heart attitude!
Asking the Lord to reveal our sins!
Striving to repent of our sins!

This is our bare minimum in our hope of salvation.

I urge you to check out YouTubes about
peoples' testimonies of going to hell and back.
Another source is ... Web video Internet video Free Online Videos Best Movies, Videos, TV shows

Let's give the Holy Spirit a chance to convict us
of what is the Truth and what is not the Truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The first step in the process is to come through the narrow gate of total faith and trust in Christ alone. This comes before any allegiance to a church, religious observance, studying the Bible, living a moral life, doing good to others. Unless there is a total heart commitment to Christ, all these other things are vanity that one can do while still outside the gate.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, brother, you are absolutely correct.
IMO, it's all about our heart attitude!
Asking the Lord to reveal our sins!
Striving to repent of our sins!

This is our bare minimum in our hope of salvation.

I urge you to check out YouTubes about
peoples' testimonies of going to hell and back.
Another source is ... Web video Internet video Free Online Videos Best Movies, Videos, TV shows

Let's give the Holy Spirit a chance to convict us
of what is the Truth and what is not the Truth.
But that can be just conviction of sin which is just a revealing of sin in ourselves. We still have to go through that narrow gate of Christ - of a total heart commitment to Him as our Saviour and Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Neither am I.
All I do mostly is quote Scripture.
Heavy-duty WARNINGS are coming forth:
(1) from the NT
(2) from God's prophets and watchmen
(3) from people who have visited hell and returned

Please be aware of, and heed, these warnings!
A person cannot have Christ and their sins as well. Jesus came to save us from our sins not in them. True conversion means a total transformation of the heart toward Christ and a deep hatred of sin in ourselves. A preacher once said that we hate the sin in ourselves but love everyone else.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The first step in the process is to come through the narrow gate of total faith and trust in Christ alone. This comes before any allegiance to a church, religious observance, studying the Bible, living a moral life, doing good to others. Unless there is a total heart commitment to Christ, all these other things are vanity that one can do while still outside the gate.
Yes, this is a great first step in co-operating
with the precious Holy Spirit in the process of
sanctification unto holiness.
"... without holiness no one will see the Lord"
(Hebrews 4:12)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't even know what sins I commit
For the sake of your eternal soul, you had best ask the Holy Spirit to reveal them to you so you can go to Christ for total forgiveness and cleansing. If you don't see yourself as a hopeless sinner, you will never see Christ as your total Saviour!

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, this is a great first step in co-operating
with the precious Holy Spirit in the process of
sanctification unto holiness.
"... without holiness no one will see the Lord"
(Hebrews 4:12)
There is a difference between holiness and self-righteousness. True holiness is totally giving up on trying to live a holy life and place our whole dependence on the mercy and grace of God through Christ, accepting Him as Saviour, receiving His pure righteousness, and being converted (totally transformed in our hearts) to hate sin in ourselves and to continually plead with God that He will work in us to develop sanctification.

Those who attempt to live a moral life through their own self effort are seen as self-righteous hypocrites, and when they face the Lord, He will say, "I never knew you. Depart from Me, you workers of iniquity!"

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
The OP makes a valid point. However, I do not believe that it is necessarily always a certainty as to the reality of his thesis. There may be circumstances whereby God might might allowances for some habitual sins, as long as they are not sins which harm others directly, ex: spousal abuse, child abuse, adultery, etc. It seems to me that God will judge the entire person and not just one aspect of someone's life.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't even know what sins I commit

Dont worry about this kind of thing brother. Christ is our salvation, not our works or our deeds.

The Bible says if you believe on His Name and declare He is Lord you shall be saved. You can trust God.

Don't worry about people like this do or say. Christ saves us brother.

You probably need to go, get off the internet for the sake of your mental health.

Visit your local church and be part of your local community and leave this sort of people behind you.

This is my advice... Go be in the heart of some mainline church.. it's better. It's healthy.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There is a difference between holiness and self-righteousness.
Dost thou needest to see all of those verses again re:
those who practice righteousness are righteous

(in the eyes of the Lord)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
By “habitual sinner” I mean a person who repeatedly
sinswithout repentance. This means everyone
(BACs included) … because everyone can choose to sin. Repentance means to hate your sin, run from it, and don’t do it anymore. If one does slip up and sins again, he/she can repent again as in 1 John 1:9. This is repeated until he/she has overcome the sin,
i.e. gained victory over it.

the Kingdom of God

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves,
nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the Kingdom of God.”
(1 Corinthians 6:9-10, NKJV)

Please note: the BAC has become unrighteous,
if he/she chooses to live in a lifestyle of habitual sinning.

the Kingdom of God

“When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before,
that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21, NLT)
“those who practice such things will not inherit
the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:21, NKJV)

All habitual sinners will not inherit the Kingdom
of Christ but instead they will experience
the anger/wrath of God

“Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people. Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes — these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God. You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him.” (Ephesians 5:3-6, NLT)
“Let no one deceive you with empty words,
for because of these things the wrath of God
comes upon the sons of disobedience.”
(Ephesians 5:6, NKJV)

All habitual sinners will experience
the anger/wrath of God

“So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming.” (Colossians 3:5-6, NLT)
“Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience”
(Colossians 3:6, NKJV)

All habitual sinners will go into the lake of fire
“He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. BUT the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:7-8, NKJV)
May I warn you with all sincerity that “the cowardly” includes those BACs in the world (even now) who fall away from the faith during persecution of Christians.
And “the cowardly” will include those BACs who submit to taking the mark of the beast, which is submitting to the ownership of the antichrist, i.e. Satan.

All habitual sinners will not have the right to the tree of life, and will not be allowed into the city of the New Jerusalem
“Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life,
and may enter through the gates into the city.
But outside are the dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters,
and whoever loves and practices a lie.”
(Revelation 22:14-15, NKJV)

BACs = born-again Christians
If any man sins we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The OP makes a valid point. However, I do not believe that it is necessarily always a certainty as to the reality of his thesis. There may be circumstances whereby God might might allowances for some habitual sins, as long as they are not sins which harm others directly, ex: spousal abuse, child abuse, adultery, etc. It seems to me that God will judge the entire person and not just one aspect of someone's life.
From what I see in Scripture, God has absolutely no tolerance for sin, great or small. If it was different, then Him sending Jesus to die for us on the cross loses its meaning and purpose. It is either all our sin, great or small that was placed on Jesus when He went to the cross, or none at all. We either receive the complete and pure righteousness of Christ or not at all. There is no half way. If even the smallest sin is retained, that can shut the narrow gate against you.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Here's a simple example:
What do you think about several people
who have visited hell and came back ...
saying that some are in hell for not tithing?
(Can't remember if it's never tithing, or tithing little.)
They say God takes tithing very seriously, and
does not take kindly to people robbing Him, etc.

Upvote 0