Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
How close was it?
I don't know, there wasn't anything near by to measure by. I can't even tell you how large it was. But it was low enough that I could clearly see it. What still sticks out for me the most are the 3 bulb things on the bottom and the dome on top. I've always wondered what those bulb things are for. It was low enough that I could clearly see it but sill kind of high in altitude.

I just found this picture on Wiki UFO page. The UFO I saw looks a lot like this picture only it had those 3 bulb things on the bottom.

PurportedUFO2cropped.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Vap841
Upvote 0

Vap841

Jun 5, 2021
East Coast
✟39,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I don't know, there wasn't anything near by to measure by. I can't even tell you how large it was. But it was low enough that I could clearly see it. What still sticks out for me the most are the 3 bulb things on the bottom and the dome on top. I've always wondered what those bulb things are for. It was low enough that I could clearly see it but sill kind of high in altitude.

I just found this picture on Wiki UFO page. The UFO I saw looks a lot like this picture only it had those 3 bulb things on the bottom.

PurportedUFO2cropped.jpg
So it wasn’t close enough for you to think that it was hovering there because of you, to check you out?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,309.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
So it wasn’t close enough for you to think that it was hovering there because of you, to check you out?
Not at all. It was just flying by and I happen to catch it. This was in the northern part of Seattle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
It was like this picture with the 3 bulb things on the bottom but had a dome on top and no windows. And more or less at the same general angle as in the picture as I was looking up at it.

View attachment 301221
UFO balloon? I remember in the 1960s & '70s there was quite a UFO craze, with lots of sightings published in the papers, and in the UK there was lots of UFO merch, including shaped helium balloons. Ordinary latex teardrop balloons and big hot air balloons were also regularly reported as UFOs.

Another possibility, not given as much coverage as it deserves, is dream events recalled as memories. I became interested in this after I realised, long after the fact, that a couple of childhood memories that I'd just assumed were real, could never have happened - the places and people were real enough, but in reality, they could never have coincided while I was there. Quite an eye-opener.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps against average background radiation. What about solar flares?
Even planet earth with it's powerful shielding is no match for solar flares. I doubt whether a space craft could generate a sufficient field to protect itself. Even on Mars you will be irradiated.
We are talking about interstellar trips. We are not near not near any stars, other than our destination target. A greater concern would be the general flow of cosmic rays. Feel free to provide evidence that three metres of rock and two metres of water would be insufficient to deal with these and I'll concede I am wrong.

Our present space craft are not really protected against meteorites larger meteorites. That is a risk the astronauts take. Perhaps in a hundred years time.
I didn't say they were protected against larger meteorites. I implicitly stated that they are not. I offered methods to deal with large and very large meteorites. What you've done here is attack a strawman.

The way we are going these days, I doubt whether we will be here in a hundred years from now.
You may well be correct. You may equally well be wrong, but that would not necessarily apply to aliens, so either way your objection is refuted.

If aliens were that advanced, why would they bother with something as rudimentary as planet earth. I do not think that an alien race, even a thousand years more advanced than us. Would be interested in a primitive society like ours.
We have scientists who are interested in a single species of ant. There are others who study a single genus of bacteria. I had a teacher whose speciality was sexual dimorphism in ammonites, a class of animal extinct since the Cretaceous. You seem unaware that curiosity can range from the small to the large.

Moreover, I'm amused by your anthropomorphism that thinks the aliens might come here purely to view humanity. They might like planets with large moons, or ones that had so much water, or one of a thousand other reasons.

I'll leave you to dream in your very tightly subscribed boundaries. I'll continue envisaging the plausible.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist

PurportedUFO2cropped.jpg
It's interesting that so many reports closely match the models used in an early TV show (or film) based on embellishments of the popular hubcap photos. The original 'flying saucer' UFO report by pilot Ken Arnold was of a number of shiny bright discs, extremely flat and thin, that skipped the surface of the water 'like saucers'. These were reported in the media as flying saucers, which led to the hubcap craze and then the TV/film fiction domed version. UFO reports from other parts of the world, of cigars, blobs, points of light, etc., often changed to the TV/film model style when those shows were eventually shown there (before the internet).

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I'd just assumed were real, could never have happened - the places and people were real enough, but in reality, they could never have coincided while I was there. Quite an eye-opener.
Very true. I was shocked to learn that I never was deputy Prime Minister in the Thatcher government.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Very true. I was shocked to learn that I never was deputy Prime Minister in the Thatcher government.
These were fairly ordinary 'memories' involving friends & family, memorable for minor personal reasons - which was why I'd never really questioned their authenticity.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wait, You have the authority to do that? COOL!
You will need to take your winter woolies.

The temperature at night is colder than Antarctica, around -114 F.

Take some magazines to read as all you will see out of the window is red rock and dust.

The round trip will take about three years.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I’m jealous, I wish I had a UFO incident
I will send out a message over the internet for you. The aliens are so advanced they will locate and read this message.

*** Earth to Aliens ***

Please aliens, can you abduct Vap841.

He is so desperate to have a UFO incident.

Upvote 0

Vap841

Jun 5, 2021
East Coast
✟39,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I will send out a message over the internet for you. The aliens are so advanced they will locate and read this message.

*** Earth to Aliens ***

Please aliens, can you abduct Vap841.

He is so desperate to have a UFO incident.
Thank you. Please also get a message to them that I prefer a hot tub with water jets in my guest suite, and if they could fit me in for the last week of July it would work out perfectly between my two scheduled concerts.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. Please also get a message to them that I prefer a hot tub with water jets in my guest suite, and if they could fit me in for the last week of July it would work out perfectly between my two scheduled concerts.
They have already contacted me, consider it done.

So far I have organized someone to fly to Mars and another to be abducted by aliens. What a busy week this has been.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,773.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Yea, alien drones or alien ai does seem more likely. And probably surveilling us and potentially interfering with our nuclear tech. If you believe some of the testimonies stating such.

If they are alien craft, where did they come from? None of the other planets in our solar system can have intelligent life, and extrasolar planetary systems are too far away for their vehicles to reach the Earth in any reasonable time.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,773.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Ezekiel describes some interesting things regarding the Chebar-im - the chariot of fire could be a space ship.

What Ezekiel saw has also been interpreted as a swarm of tornadoes or a display of solar haloes.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What Ezekiel saw has also been interpreted as a swarm of tornadoes or a display of solar haloes.
You call this vision a swarm of tornadoes?

Ezekiel 1:26-28
Now above the expanse that was over their heads there was something resembling a throne, like lapis lazuli in appearance; and on that which resembled a throne, high up, was a figure with the appearance of a man. Then I noticed from the appearance of His loins and upward something like glowing metal that looked like fire all around within it, and from the appearance of His loins and downward I saw something like fire; and there was a radiance around Him. As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,773.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
But what is it that they are seeing then, what is it that they all keep mistaking for UFOs? If it’s something that would be fooling & baffling the military for 70 years then saying that it’s just a balloon, or it’s just a spotlight or something wouldn’t make sense. Because if it’s an easy/obvious explanation like that then we wouldn’t be baffled by it, but if we’re baffled by it then it can’t be an obvious explanation. I’m not implying to you or Toneybee that I think it’s aliens when I say well what is it then, I’m really just asking what you think it is. But maybe I just want it to be aliens lol

I have read a lot about UFOs and have never come across a convincing one. Only too often, reported UFOs turn out to be bright planets (particularly Venus), bright stars, meteors and fireballs, mock suns (parhelia), aircraft, artificial satellites, Chinese lanterns or birds (either singly or in flocks). If people can't recognise these familiar objects when they see them, what reason is there to think that they would be able to identify an alien spacecraft?

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,773.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
You call this vision a swarm of tornadoes?

Ezekiel 1:26-28
Now above the expanse that was over their heads there was something resembling a throne, like lapis lazuli in appearance; and on that which resembled a throne, high up, was a figure with the appearance of a man. Then I noticed from the appearance of His loins and upward something like glowing metal that looked like fire all around within it, and from the appearance of His loins and downward I saw something like fire; and there was a radiance around Him. As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking.

I was thinking more of Ezekiel 1:4-25; the description of the four living creatures coming out of the thundercloud suggests funnel clouds or tornadoes. Any explanation of Ezekiel 1:26-28 must be speculative, but people have mistaken Venus, the Pleiades and flocks of birds for alien spacecraft, and it is easier for me to believe that what Ezekiel saw was some meteorological phenomenon or a hallucination than aliens or a vision of God.

Upvote 0