inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If they exist would it be something to say of Gods true powers?
I think it would be something that may disprove God. If there are aliens that are like humans then they would need saving as all creation has fallen. Christ died once and for all so these aliens would have no chance of salvation. If there are aliens they would have to be animal type beings without a soul. But then I cannot imagine that God would have created living things here on earth and then done it again somewhere else. Aliens may be something Satan uses as a way to deceive people. Doesn't the bible say that Satan will use great signs in the sky to deceive people.

On the other hand if there is no other life in the universe for me this would point more to Gods power as this would mean that He reserved the earth as a special place for His creation. This would mean that there had to be very special conditions for humans to exists who could have relationship with God.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet we have found other planets. Why wouldn't God also create each individual life? I often thought that was something to do like trick people into believe the end is coming
Yes scientists have found other planets, there are millions out there. But they have no evidence of life apart from speculating that there might be because some planets fall into a habitual zone. But that is not actual evidence for life. If life spontaneously came about without a creator through evolution then the logical conclusion would be that these planets may have evolved life. But if we are a special creation by God to have fellowship with him then I do not think that all these suitable planets would evolve life. Otherwise we on earth are not so special and Jesus would need to be crucified over and over again to save the people on each and every planet that contains intelligent life.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes scientists have found other planets, there are millions out there. But they have no evidence of life apart from speculating that there might be because some planets fall into a habitual zone. But that is not actual evidence for life. If life spontaneously came about without a creator through evolution then the logical conclusion would be that these planets may have evolved life. But if we are a special creation by God to have fellowship with him then I do not think that all these suitable planets would evolve life. Otherwise we on earth are not so special and Jesus would need to be crucified over and over again to save the people on each and every planet that contains intelligent life.

Would not an omnipotent being be capable of holding a relationship with multiple civilizations?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,689.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
But if we are a special creation by God to have fellowship with him then I do not think that all these suitable planets would evolve life. Otherwise we on earth are not so special and Jesus would need to be crucified over and over again to save the people on each and every planet that contains intelligent life.
Why do you think that would be a problem?

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Agobard told the peasants they were superstitious and should leave the Magonians alone

Not quite.

What he said was: But we have seen and heard of many people overcome with so much foolishness, made crazy by so much stupidity, that they believe and say that there is a certain region, which is called Magonia, from which ships come in the clouds. In these ships the crops that fell because of hail and were lost in storms are carried back into that region; evidently these aerial sailors make a payment to the storm-makers, and take the grain and other crops.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If aliens exist they are not going to be humanlike. They will be so different that salvation won't work the same for them, if it even applies at all.

If there were aliens, and the evidence suggests not, they might be like angels, not needing salvation. They might be like demons, not able to be saved. They might simply be like animals.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If there were aliens, and the evidence suggests not, they might be like angels, not needing salvation. They might be like demons, not able to be saved. They might simply be like animals.

Or they might be something completely unlike any of those. God is endlessly creative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can demonstrate this, right?

Onus of proof is on you to show me (1) an alien or (2) a parallel universe.

razor-159765_960_720.png

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would it be fair to say that you have no problem with gnostic atheists?

1. I acknowledge, of course, that they exist.

2. I note that their worldview leaves a number of genuine phenomena unexplained.

3. I prefer not to interact with them, because I find that most of them aren't terribly polite

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,689.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Onus of proof is on you to show me (1) an alien or (2) a parallel universe.
Technically no. You have made an absolute statement that neither exist. It is up to you to provide substantiation for that statement. I understand Tinker Grey's position* to be that they may, or may not exist, as we have insufficient data at present to reach a conclusion.

*Tinker please correct me if I have that wrong.

Upvote 0

caerlerion

Jun 28, 2019
No
✟21,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, no, it isn't.
You said that you find an "atheistic worldview" to be insufficient because it leaves "genuine phenomena" "unexplained". The obvious message is that a theistic worldview is able to explain those phenomena.

That's the "god of the gaps" argument. You're pointing at the "gap" in our understanding of something ("genuine phenomena") and implying the existence of a "god" is necessary to explain.

The problem is the "gap" gets smaller over time. It used to be people would say, "You can't explain where rain comes from, it must be God." Now we have a comprehensive grasp on hydrologic cycle as a completely natural process.

What used to be "genuine phenomena" that an "atheistic worldview" was unable to explain, is now easily explainable without requiring the existence of "god". And now the "gap" is smaller. This has happened with plenty of phenomena. That there are still things we can't explain does not mean "it must be god" is a valid conclusion.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0