Alexandria Cortez quits social media due to "public health risk".

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez quits Facebook, calls social media ‘a public health risk’

To me this is hilarious. The real reason she quit is because she realized she is good at dishing it out, but not so much at taking it. If there is one thing you learn on social media quick, the more you rant in politics, the more hard it becomes to exist in social media. Also saying its a public health risk is so silly. Does she really think anyone falls for that being the reason?

Her and Trump basically are the same people but on different ends of the spectrum in politics.
This may come across as a shock to many, but I actually agree with AOC! Numerous studies and reports have shown that social media has cause a lot of health problems for many people. People become addicted and emotionally dependent on social media. Next time you go to a restaurant, take a look around and see how many people are glued to their phones, if you are not glued yourself. Studies have shown that todays youth are emotionally unprepared to deal with reality. They suffer depression because they compare their lives to other people's facebook "highlight reel". Their sense of value and self worth is determined by the number of likes and comments received by strangers. It is really sad.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This may come across as a shock to many, but I actually agree with AOC! Numerous studies and reports have shown that social media has cause a lot of health problems for many people. People become addicted and emotionally dependent on social media. Next time you go to a restaurant, take a look around and see how many people are glued to their phones, if you are not glued yourself. Studies have shown that todays youth are emotionally unprepared to deal with reality. They suffer depression because they compare their lives to other people's facebook "highlight reel". Their sense of value and self worth is determined by the number of likes and comments received by strangers. It is really sad.
I mean I agree of course, I used to get sick over it. But in her case (and Trumps) they sort of caused the health concerns by being overly loud on social media.

Upvote 0