Alabama can prosecute those who help women travel for abortions, state’s AG says

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
70% of all fertilized eggs miscarry without human intervention. That's a vastly bigger number than abortions, and yet pro-lifers make zero effort to change it.

Conclude from that what you will.
I have also noticed that many "pro-lifers" aren't pro-life when it comes to the death penalty.

Apologies if that is off topic

Upvote 0

saffron park

The Gom Jabbar, the High-Handed Enemy
Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have also noticed that many "pro-lifers" aren't pro-life when it comes to the death penalty.

Apologies if that is off topic

one can believe it's justifiable to kill some who are guilty of certain crimes and also believe that it's not justifiable to kill people who are guilty of no crimes. there is no contradiction

Upvote 0

saffron park

Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then we're lucky that doesn't happen.

I can cite many examples of people who were killed who were not guilty of a crime, though I admit I haven't heard the arguments for "All Murder Denialism" yet

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
one can believe it's justifiable to kill some who are guilty of certain crimes and also believe that it's not justifiable to kill people who are guilty of no crimes. there is no contradiction
Can on ever be 100% sure they did it? Many have been freed from death row and been cleared of the crime after death. Vengance is mine says the Lord. The real issue here as I went off topic is that one state can't convit someone for doing something that's legal in another state. Unless you are bringing drugs over the border and that's actually a matter for the Fed.

Upvote 0

saffron park

Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can on ever be 100% sure they did it? Many have been freed from death row and been cleared of the crime after death. Vengance is mine says the Lord. The real issue here as I went off topic is that one state can't convit someone for doing something that's legal in another state. Unless you are bringing drugs over the border and that's actually a matter for the Fed.
Yes, there are some cases where you can be 100% sure they did it, such as, for instance, when they film themselves doing it.

If you don't want to talk about something don't bring it up.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟256,505.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can cite many examples of people who were killed who were not guilty of a crime, though I admit I haven't heard the arguments for "All Murder Denialism" yet
Gee, there was me thinking that it was an oblique reference to abortion...

Upvote 0

saffron park

Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Gee, there was me thinking that it was an oblique reference to abortion...

First time I've seen someone try to defend abortion by saying that murders just don't happen. Trust me, I was as shocked as you to discover this not to be the case, but human depravity knows no bounds, it seems.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟900,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Abortion is illegal in Alabama.
yes, but the question is does Alabama have the right to tell me that I cannot go to another state where abortion is legal to get an abortion? It is illegal in some states to smoke weed without a medical reason, but do those states tell me that I cannot smoke weed if I do so in a state that allows it? Do they look at where my ID is from and say well you are from X state that does not allow weed for social purposes so we will not sell it to you?

Upvote 0

saffron park

Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
yes, but the question is does Alabama have the right to tell me that I cannot go to another state where abortion is legal to get an abortion? It is illegal in some states to smoke weed without a medical reason, but do those states tell me that I cannot smoke weed if I do so in a state that allows it? Do they look at where my ID is from and say well you are from X state that does not allow weed for social purposes so we will not sell it to you?
We already have an international version of this against child sex tourism.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟256,505.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
First time I've seen someone try to defend abortion by saying that murders just don't happen. Trust me, I was as shocked as you to discover this not to be the case, but human depravity knows no bounds, it seems.
I think that some people have a definition of murder that they seem to want to use whether it applies or not.

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟403,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I think that some people have a definition of murder that they seem to want to use whether it applies or not.
yes, the "if it's taking someone's life that I want to then it's not called murder, but if it's taking someone's life that I think shouldn't be taken, then it's murder."

picking and choosing what we call murder doesn't keep the action of killing an unborn baby from being actually, well, murder.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟256,505.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
yes, the "if it's taking someone's life that I want to then it's not called murder, but if it's taking someone's life that I think shouldn't be taken, then it's murder."

picking and choosing what we call murder doesn't keep the action of killing an unborn baby from being actually, well, murder.
If you need to redefine words to suit your argument then your argument is not worth debating.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟912,179.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

You will note that murder is defined as illegal. As such many abortions are not murder.

mur·der
/ˈmərdər/
noun
noun: murder; plural noun: murders

the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Upvote 0

saffron park

Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You will note that murder is defined as illegal. As such many abortions are not murder.

mur·der
/ˈmərdər/
noun

I guess the Nazis didn't murder Jews, and Stalin didn't murder the Kulaks, and when Andrew Jackson displeased the Cherokee, Muscogee, Seminole, Chickasaw, and Choctaw none of them were murdered. I suppose might really does make right and it's the prerogative of the State to decide who lives and dies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟256,505.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

mur·der
/ˈmərdər/
noun

And the definition of 'human being'?

a man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens, distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance.
We already have an international version of this against child sex tourism.
That's because sex with a child is illegal everywhere. You might as well have said there's an international version of murder. A state where you live cannot prevent you doing something legal in another state.

Upvote 0

saffron park

Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And the definition of 'human being'?

a man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens, distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance..

I've met people who don't have much mental development, can't speak, and have to be moved around in a wheelchair. Are they human beings?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟256,505.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I guess the Nazis didn't murder Jews, and Stalin didn't murder the Kulaks, and when Andrew Jackson displeased the Cherokee, Muscogee, Seminole, Chickasaw, and Choctaw none of them were murdered. I suppose might really does make right and it's the prerogative of the State to decide who lives and dies.
You were just given the definition of murder so you know what the answer to that is.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟912,179.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I guess the Nazis didn't murder Jews, and Stalin didn't murder the Kulaks, and when Andrew Jackson displeased the Cherokee, Muscogee, Seminole, Chickasaw, and Choctaw none of them were murdered.
Indeed. They were killed, not murdered. Naming off horiffic acts does not change the definition of words.

I suppose might really does make right and it's the prerogative of the State to decide who lives and dies.
Who dies at any rate. I have yet to see a state create life.

Upvote 0