Air Force Academy creates worship area for Pagans, Druids, and Wiccans

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Poe strikes again! Man, my Monday is off to a good start.
Think about it for a minute. Let's say one believes that a flying spaghetti monster will swoop down from the table and feed them scraps from the tablecloth, while another believes that a great shephard will swoop down from on high and feed them manna from heaven. Both are subjective and equally unprovable.

Which one is more dillusional?

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Think about it for a minute. Let's say one believes that a flying spaghetti monster will swoop down from the table and feed them scraps from the tablecloth, while another believes that a great shephard will swoop down from on high and feed them manna from heaven. Both are subjective and equally unprovable.

Which one is more dillusional?
This is what I love about relativism. Robin Williams could not make this stuff up. Keep it coming. Actually, no, don't, because if you keeping posting Poe-ish stuff like this the mods may think you're deliberately trying to derail the thread with these hilarious antics. "My truth is as valid as your truth. Twinkle, twinkle, little bat . . ."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
i accept you admission of ignorance.
Um, OK. I just told you I am quite familiar with it. Sorry, but I know elitist liberalism too well. I know your mind. "He's either ignorant, or evil. That's the only way he could say something I so deeply disagree with!". I'm not going to spend my time proving to you I know more about the subject than you do, only to have you conclude that I am "TEH EEEEEBUUUUUUL BIGOOOOOT!!!!"

Upvote 0

SOAD

Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is what I love about relativism. No comedian could make this stuff up. Keep it coming. Actually, no, don't, because if you keeping posting Poe-ish stuff like this the mods may think you're deliberately trying to derail the thread with these hilarious antics.
Sorry, your initial post is responsible for the thread derail. In the future, you might want to refrain from laughing at somebody else to keep the thread on topic.

Thank you for not answering the question. This proves that you are unwilling to even question the subject for fear you may fall away from whatever it is you see as a savior.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry, your initial post is responsible for the thread derail. In the future, you might want to refrain from laughing at somebody else to keep the thread on topic.

Thank you for not answering the question. This proves that you are unwilling to even question the subject for fear you may fall away from whatever it is you see as a savior.

In all fairness, KC hasn't said anyhting that indicates he thinks the military shold be in the religion business. For all we know, he might find the idea of catering exclusively to Christians as silly as the rest of us do.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Actually, I was hoping to provoke you to question your own questioning. It is the fad these days to automatically assume that questioning a statement is wise. But who questions a question? However, your failure to do so shows that your question was simply a loaded question, meant as a way to provide an excuse to condemn that which you do not understand, and thus fear. That way you can dismiss it instead of having your views challenged.

That said, I wonder if the Academy would be willing to make a room for Scientology?

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I actually agree with the "Religion Room" concept someone brought up earlier. It could have a closet full of religious props from the various religions and time can be allocated for various worship services on an equal basis.

how would you handle scheduling conflicts if the Care Bears and Methodists needed the space at the same time?

is anyone going to use discretion here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm hoping for some Jedi space.

I think you are mocking them, Wirraway! How truthist of you to posit that not all beliefs are equal! Don't you know that a fictional religion from the mind of George Lucas created for entertainment is just as valid as real people and events --if only I believe it hard enough!? Of course, this must be racist. If the Star Wars kid heard this he could be scarred for life, and you would have to spend hours in the Ministry of Truth and Love. Disapproval is hate speech. Hate speech is not free speech. Unless it's against anything mainstream like Christianity or white people. Then it is OK.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
how would you handle scheduling conflicts if the Care Bears and Methodists needed the space at the same time?

is anyone going to use discretion here?
Government shouldn't have gotten into it to begin with, but their stuck with it now.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think you are mocking them, Wirraway! How truthist of you to posit that not all beliefs are equal! Don't you know that a fictional religion from the mind of George Lucas created for entertainment is just as valid as real people and events --if only I believe it hard enough!? Of course, this must be racist. If the Star Wars kid heard this he could be scarred for life, and you would have to spend hours in the Ministry of Truth and Love. Disapproval is hate speech. Hate speech is not free speech. Unless it's against anything mainstream like Christianity or white people. Then it is OK.
They're all fictional.

Upvote 0

SOAD

Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually, I was hoping to provoke you to question your own questioning. It is the fad these days to automatically assume that questioning a statement is wise. But who questions a question? However, your failure to do so shows that your question was simply a loaded question, meant as a way to provide an excuse to condemn that which you do not understand, and thus fear. That way you can dismiss it instead of having your views challenged.

That said, I wonder if the Academy would be willing to make a room for Scientology?

Your posts in this thread indicate that you cannot believe that the academy is providing religious places for religions outside the mainstream. However, you neglect to indicate if you believe that mainstream religions deserve a sanctuary. Before this goes any further, please tell us what you believe the academy should do to accommodate all religions.

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I think you are mocking them, Wirraway! How truthist of you to posit that not all beliefs are equal! Don't you know that a fictional religion from the mind of George Lucas created for entertainment is just as valid as real people and events --if only I believe it hard enough!? Of course, this must be racist. If the Star Wars kid heard this he could be scarred for life, and you would have to spend hours in the Ministry of Truth and Love. Hate speech is not free speech. Unless it's against anything mainstream. Then it is OK.

no, we must be rigorously politically correct at all times. the government can't possibly exercise any kind of discretion and laugh at the Jedi Masters or dare say that worshiper of the Avatar Tree Gods aren't the very equal of the Orthodox Catholics, or Orthodox Jews. because once we start laughing at the religion of Paul-Muad'Dib, next thing you know, something Bad will happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Government shouldn't have gotten into it to begin with, but their stuck with it now.

so basically you take the the position that accommodation for one mandates accommodation for all, and there's no room for discretion in what "all" means. and that you would assert, with a straight face, that My Little Pony = Russian Orthodox.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
no, we must be rigorously politically correct at all times. the government can't possibly exercise any kind of discretion and laugh at the Jedi Masters or dare say that worshiper of the Avatar Tree Gods aren't the very equal of the Orthodox Catholics, or Orthodox Jews. because once we start laughing at the religion of Paul-Muad'Dib, next thing you know, something Bad will happen.

Now you're getting it! This is most glorious to see you acknowledge the Accepted Truth. By the Goddess, I have never seen a racist homophobic whitist colorist Eurocentric capitalist Uncle Tom dominionist anti-free-sexer un-native agist global-warming-denying birther technologist re-educate so quickly! Big Brother smiles on you today. Certainly this is proof that the Lightworker is a Harbringer of hope, and the queiter of crying young babies.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
They're all fictional.
can you briefly summarize what you know about the archeological finds surrounding the Lost Tribes? you must have a great deal of expertise in order to pronounce such learned judgment upon them. i'm sure it would help us all understand the issue much better.

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
so basically you take the the position that accommodation for one mandates accommodation for all, and there's no room for discretion in what "all" means. and that you would assert, with a straight face, that My Little Pony = Russian Orthodox.
Actually I would.

Upvote 0