New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ugh pride.
That was the first thing I repented of when I became a christian.
I used to be proud that I was maybe clever or gifted, or above other people. Or that I somehow knew better than God! Lol.

Of course God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble, so..I really had to give up my pride.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well im thankful that I manage to do my tasks each day so that I can have a nap afterwards.
At the moment my ongoing project is the garden and im thankful that Ive managed to get that restablished this year and its looking pretty good if must say so myself, but theres always room for improvement and theres still more to be done.

When I get compliments on it I feel most rewarded, or even just the joy it brings me. I guess you reap what you sow.

Reactions: Ubuntu
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
lol nobody asking me anything.

I will just add another answer to the question above, that I've just enrolled in a landscape design course to get certified, so when I get that I think I will be happy that I've accomplished that as well. I have done a certificate in horticulture, but this will expand on my knowledge and I'll be able to branch out. so to speak.

I've always wanted to learn about plants but it was discouraged in high school as I was supposed to take more 'academic' subjects.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay, let me rephrase my question then... What do you feel most thankful for having accomplished?
Just to add at the moment Im really thankful i finished knitting that baby jacket i started five years ago. So finishing what i started is a big thing for me and gives me a sense of accomplishment esp if I did most of it myself or had the idea.
It also means i can move on to new things.

Perservering through study is another thing. Even finishing a book. I think the bible was the most important book ive ever read and I had to read ALL of it, took me about a year but im really glad I did that first read through, because its fundamental to my faith. I mean nobody told me I had to read it like it wasnt for a course or anything its just God really impressed on me to read His book all the way through even the OT.

Praise the lord he helped me as it was daunting initially.

Reactions: Ubuntu
Upvote 0

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Just to add at the moment Im really thankful i finished knitting that baby jacket i started five years ago. So finishing what i started is a big thing for me and gives me a sense of accomplishment esp if I did most of it myself or had the idea.
It also means i can move on to new things.

Perservering through study is another thing. Even finishing a book. I think the bible was the most important book ive ever read and I had to read ALL of it, took me about a year but im really glad I did that first read through, because its fundamental to my faith. I mean nobody told me I had to read it like it wasnt for a course or anything its just God really impressed on me to read His book all the way through even the OT.

Praise the lord he helped me as it was daunting initially.

Having read the Bible in its entirety is an important milestone! :)

Remember that the Bible is a book that you don’t read just once, though. I think we agree that its a book meant to be read over and over again. Reading the Bible in a non-systematic way is of course fine, I do that too. However, when reading the Bible randomly I tend to focus on certain favourite passages. Reading the bible in a systematic way ensures that we read important passages which we might otherwise neglect.

Each time I re-read the Bible I discover new things that I hadn’t noticed before. So yeah, reading the entire Bible is an eyeopener in a literal sense, I hope you continue doing this! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums