Los Angeles Area
✟836,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Trump attorney ordered to testify before grand jury investigating former president

District Judge Beryl Howell said in an order under seal that Justice Department prosecutors have met the threshold for the crime-fraud exception for Corcoran, the source said.

Trump was warned about retaining classified documents, notes reveal

Exclusive: Unreported warning contained in notes taken by lawyer Evan Corcoran that prosecutors have viewed in recent months

The previously unreported warning conveyed to Trump by his lawyer Evan Corcoran could be significant in the criminal investigation surrounding Trump’s handling of classified materials given it shows he knew about his subpoena obligations.

The notes revealed how Trump and Nauta had unusually detailed knowledge of the botched subpoena response, including where Corcoran intended to search and not search for classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, as well as when Corcoran was actually doing his search.

Although ordinarily off limits to prosecutors, the notes ended up before the grand jury in Washington hearing evidence in the case after a US appeals court allowed attorney-client privilege to be pierced because judges believed Trump might have used Corcoran’s legal advice in furtherance of a crime.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The classification/declassification of the documents is a side issue to the fact that Donald was advised that he had to turn over presidential papers and how to do so; he cannot claim ignorance. He took the documents, admitted/bragged that he took them, swore that he gave them back but still kept them and hid them.

One of the papers was the hurricane map from Sharpiegate - that was never classified but is a notable artifact that belongs to NARA, not Donald J. The welcome letters from the Obamas were also not classified but taken by Donald J.
He was cooperating with the FBI in all respects he even improved the locks on the door that protected the documents when the FBI asked him to do so and by the way it was an attorney who made the misstatement about the papers no longer being at Trumps home.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He was cooperating with the FBI in all respects he even improved the locks on the door that protected the documents when the FBI asked him to do so and by the way it was an attorney who made the misstatement about the papers no longer being at Trumps home.
No, if he were actually cooperating, he would have returned all the documents requested. Sure, he improved the locks but then moved stuff out of the room. He also had his employees go in and out of the storage room because there were other things there. The attorneys were acting on his behalf and behest.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, if he were actually cooperating, he would have returned all the documents requested. Sure, he improved the locks but then moved stuff out of the room. He also had his employees go in and out of the storage room because there were other things there. The attorneys were acting on his behalf and behest.
far more secure than an unlocked garage with a Corvette parked in it dont you think. He did not return all to docs because he apparently felt that the items belonged to him and maybe he was right.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
far more secure than an unlocked garage with a Corvette parked in it dont you think. He did not return all to docs because he apparently felt that the items belonged to him and maybe he was right.
Maybe he was right?
I look forward to the day he proves this, in court.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟332,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Was the garage unlocked -- particularly the area where the documents were. Obviously you must be able to prove your claims, or I'm sure you wouldn't make them here. Where is your evidence that the are the documents were in was not locked?

• Optimistic
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I would beg to differ, and no they don't belong to him no different than a company copying machine an employee took because they felt it belonged to them. It's property of the US, not Trump. It appears Biden had no idea the garage docs were there, and the discovery spurred by the Penn U findings. Trump however knew they were there. Knew their significance, and no one should be surprised if it were discovered that a flaming narcissist like Trump showed them off in his "look at me, see how important I am" third grade mentality that all his advisors spoke about.

In fact, from the bar at Trump Tower in full display. Empty cover sheet...yes, but it speaks to his mentality.

1684948900512.png

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Was the garage unlocked -- particularly the area where the documents were. Obviously you must be able to prove your claims, or I'm sure you wouldn't make them here. Where is your evidence that the are the documents were in was not locked?
Honestly is that the best defense you have for Biden's totally irresponsible and criminal behavior?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would beg to differ, and no they don't belong to him no different than a company copying machine an employee took because they felt it belonged to them. It's property of the US, not Trump. It appears Biden had no idea the garage docs were there, and the discovery spurred by the Penn U findings. Trump however knew they were there. Knew their significance, and no one should be surprised if it were discovered that a flaming narcissist like Trump showed them off in his "look at me, see how important I am" third grade mentality that all his advisors spoke about.

In fact, from the bar at Trump Tower in full display. Empty cover sheet...yes, but it speaks to his mentality.

View attachment 331449
Biden had no reason to even have classified documents dating back well into his time in the Senate, he violated the laws by removing to documents and unlike Trump he had no authority to declassify them. and yet he had classified docs in multiple locations, try and explain or justify that. The fact that he cooperated after he was discovered does nothing to diminish the fact that he violated the law over and over again year after year.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Trump workers moved Mar-a-Lago boxes a day before Justice Dept. came for documents​

New details, including alleged ‘dress rehearsal’ for moving sensitive papers, show a focus on Donald Trump’s instructions and intent

Two of Donald Trump’s employees moved boxes of papers the day before FBI agents and a prosecutor visited the former president’s Florida home to retrieve classified documents in response to a subpoena — timing that investigators have come to view as suspicious and an indication of possible obstruction, according to people familiar with the matter.

Trump and his aides also allegedly carried out a “dress rehearsal” for moving sensitive papers even before his office received the May 2022 subpoena, according to the people familiar with the matter

Prosecutors in addition have gathered evidence indicating that Trump at times kept classified documents in his office in a place where they were visible and sometimes showed them to others, these people said.

As I've said before, I'm going to laugh and laugh if the Diet Coke valet's testimony sends Trump to prison. If Kid Rock is also involved, I may be transfigured into Paradise.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟332,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly is that the best defense you have for Biden's totally irresponsible and criminal behavior?
I'm not defending anyone, just correcting your false statement. They were in a library/office that is located in the garage building. My understanding is that room had a lock separate from the one on the garage, so even if someone was using the Corvette they still didn't have access to the papers. Though I've seen nothing about how Biden's behavior was "totally irresponsible and criminal." But maybe you can tell me when we'll see the charges for former-VP Pence, since he had the same issues as Biden?

As for Trump, the issue wasn't that he had the documents, it was more that there was a court order requiring him to give them to the DoJ. At a minimum, that would make Trump guilty of violating a court order -- with extra counts since his lawyers claim Trump wanted them to report to the DoJ that all records had been returned, when they weren't (basically, obstructing justice). It doesn't matter if they were declassified or not (which, per the investigation, it appears they were not).

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not defending anyone, just correcting your false statement. They were in a library/office that is located in the garage building. My understanding is that room had a lock separate from the one on the garage, so even if someone was using the Corvette they still didn't have access to the papers. Though I've seen nothing about how Biden's behavior was "totally irresponsible and criminal." But maybe you can tell me when we'll see the charges for former-VP Pence, since he had the same issues as Biden?

As for Trump, the issue wasn't that he had the documents, it was more that there was a court order requiring him to give them to the DoJ. At a minimum, that would make Trump guilty of violating a court order -- with extra counts since his lawyers claim Trump wanted them to report to the DoJ that all records had been returned, when they weren't (basically, obstructing justice). It doesn't matter if they were declassified or not (which, per the investigation, it appears they were not).
I might take this whole thing seriously if it was not such an obvious application of the double standard in the DOJ. Biden violated the laws for years, Trump may have violated them as well but since they both may have violated the same laws perhaps they should both be investigated and charged. AND while we are at it Hilary should have been charged as well.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Trump lawyer said to have been waved off searching office for secret records

Exclusive: Evan Corcoran said he was steered away from Trump’s office, where the FBI later found the most sensitive materials

A Trump spokesperson said: “This is completely false and rooted in pure fantasy. The real story is the illegal weaponization of the justice department and their witch-hunts targeted to influence an election in order to try and prevent President Trump from returning to the White House.”

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Trump lawyer said to have been waved off searching office for secret records

Exclusive: Evan Corcoran said he was steered away from Trump’s office, where the FBI later found the most sensitive materials

A Trump spokesperson said: “This is completely false and rooted in pure fantasy. The real story is the illegal weaponization of the justice department and their witch-hunts targeted to influence an election in order to try and prevent President Trump from returning to the White House.”
One might assume that such a sensitive area as President Trump’s office area at Mar-A-Lago would have extensive video surveillance. Even money says Mister Trump will fight any subpoena for those video feeds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
One might assume that such a sensitive area as President Trump’s office area at Mar-A-Lago would have extensive video surveillance. Even money says Mister Trump will fight any subpoena for those video feeds.
I remember Eric bragging that they didn't turn off the CCTV. Wonder why they haven't released any of the footage if that was true.

• Winner
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟147,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I remember Eric bragging that they didn't turn off the CCTV. Wonder why they haven't released any of the footage if that was true.
“Yeah, those were accidentallylostinafirefelloffacliff, sorry!”

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

EXCLUSIVE: Trump captured on tape talking about classified Pentagon document about Iran he kept after leaving the White House

The recording indicates Trump understood he retained classified material after leaving the White House, according to multiple sources familiar with the investigation. On the recording, Trump’s comments suggest he would like to share the information but he’s aware of limitations on his ability post-presidency to declassify records, two of the sources said.

The meeting in which Trump discussed the Iran document with others happened shortly after The New Yorker published a story by Susan Glasser detailing how, in the final days of Trump’s presidency, Milley instructed the Joint Chiefs to ensure Trump issued no illegal orders and that he be informed if there was any concern. The story infuriated Trump.

Several sources say the recording captures the sound of paper rustling, as if Trump was waving the document around, though is not clear if it was the actual Iran document.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

EXCLUSIVE: Trump captured on tape talking about classified Pentagon document about Iran he kept after leaving the White House

The recording indicates Trump understood he retained classified material after leaving the White House, according to multiple sources familiar with the investigation. On the recording, Trump’s comments suggest he would like to share the information but he’s aware of limitations on his ability post-presidency to declassify records, two of the sources said.

The meeting in which Trump discussed the Iran document with others happened shortly after The New Yorker published a story by Susan Glasser detailing how, in the final days of Trump’s presidency, Milley instructed the Joint Chiefs to ensure Trump issued no illegal orders and that he be informed if there was any concern. The story infuriated Trump.

Several sources say the recording captures the sound of paper rustling, as if Trump was waving the document around, though is not clear if it was the actual Iran document.
if I had any doubt about the validity of this article, the above quote removes all doubt that it is anything other than a rumor, how do you spell imagination.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
if I had any doubt about the validity of this article, the above quote removes all doubt that it is anything other than a rumor, how do you spell imagination.
Which part do you doubt?

That it was the classified Iran document that rustled on the recording of Trump in a meeting saying he's aware of the limitations on his ability to declassify documents?
That any paper at all rustled on the recording of Trump in a meeting saying he's aware of the limitations on his ability to declassify documents?
That the recording has Trump in a meeting saying he's aware of the limitations on his ability to declassify documents?
That there is a recording of Trump in a meeting?
That there was a meeting?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0