After Kim Davis is jailed, clerk's office issues marriage license to gay couple (Moved)

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's simple. The clerk fit's the roll of 1st world Christian martyr, thereby giving credence to the "Christians are being persecuted" narrative.

Yeah, you probably have a point. It's sad so many seem to NEED the mantra of "We Christians are being persecuted!" I think the we being the key, it's almost like they feel their faith is justified because they are being persecuted (in their minds). "Look how righteous we are! Look at our suffering for our faith!"

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟489,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It was Christians who founded America, and it's Christians now going to jail and having their means of making a living stripped from them because instead of an alternate solution, America decided to force their ideology on their beliefs and accountability thereof.

It is also Christian throwing those people in jail and changing the laws. Don't pretend that this is some sort of crusade against Christianity. It is just natural consequence of the math that in a country where the majority is Christian there's going to be Christians on both sides of various issues.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟489,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You need to get your facts straight, the apostles were not martyring themselves against Rome, they were rebelling against god and the authority of Sanhedrin

Were they even martyred in the first place? I thought that was just legend that sprung up around them long after the fact.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, you probably have a point. It's sad so many seem to NEED the mantra of "We Christians are being persecuted!" I think the we being the key, it's almost like they feel their faith is justified because they are being persecuted (in their minds). "Look how righteous we are! Look at our suffering for our faith!"
What I like to call "armchair" persecution.

I theorise that since the Bible speaks about how the true believers will find themselves being persecuted, and that such persecution is a sign you're on the right path, it pulls at the conscience of many overweight, under exercised middle class westerners that their lives are somewhat lacking in persecution, and so to cover this seeming gap in their spiritual lives, they'll desperately take anything remotely misconstruable as persecution and wrap it around themselves like a big reasuring blanket.

..."unfounded internet rumour that one of the Columbine murderers asked someone if they were a Christian before he killed her? HE WAS PERSECUTING CHRISTIANS! Thank goodness, Christians are being persecuted, I am a Christian, therefore I am being persecuted, QED. I'm so glad I can sleep soundly in my warm queen size bed after eating twice my daily recomended caloric requirement and not feel guilty about the world's poor or starving. What with me being PERSECUTED and all, I must be on the right track. I can't wait for the "war on Christmas" to start up to make me feel even more persecuted and thereby justify my blatant crass consumerism!"

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kim Davis went back to work and has issued a statement saying she will not interfere with her employees signing off on the paperwork. Looks like her little publicity stunt didn't work. $80,000/year in Kentucky is pretty lucrative. I guess her love of money is stronger than her supposed religious convictions.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Kim Davis went back to work and has issued a statement saying she will not interfere with her employees signing off on the paperwork. Looks like her little publicity stunt didn't work. $80,000/year in Kentucky is pretty lucrative. I guess her love of money is stronger than her supposed religious convictions.

A license was issued today.

The marriage license that the couple received said "pursuant to federal court order" on it, and instead of listing Davis' name and Rowan County, it says city of Morehead, the county seat.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the billboard erected by a gay rights group, the same group that opened The Equality House, where a gay marriage was performed, across the street from Westboro Baptist Church.

I like what they do, but I wish they wouldn't give her so much attention. She needs to just fade into the background and let Huckabee make a fool of himself with his #imwithkim slacktivist campaign.

Upvote 0