• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Afraid I committed the unforgivable sin, Help!

Scared but trusting God

Apr 25, 2020
United States
✟15,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel so scared right now because I think I committed the unpardonable sin. I have asked God for forgiveness so many times. So, I felt a conviction to share a video about God to people. Then, I got a thought that said “it will get you to heaven.” I know this is not true because we are saved by faith, not works. I thought this was the devil for a second. Then I thought that if I share the video, I would be following the devil. I know this is not true. I now realize it was just a random untrue thought that came to my head. Now my mind is convincing me that if I share the video I’m following the devil. I’m so scared that I attributed/ am attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil. Please help!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel so scared right now because I think I committed the unpardonable sin. I have asked God for forgiveness so many times. So, I felt a conviction to share a video about God to people. Then, I got a thought that said “it will get you to heaven.” I know this is not true because we are saved by faith, not works. I thought this was the devil for a second. Then I thought that if I share the video, I would be following the devil. I now realize it was just a random untrue thought that came to my head. I’m so scared that I attributed the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil. Please help!

Welcome.
Please use Google to find 25 tips for successful treating your OCD. Whether you have OCD is not the point this article written by a psychiatrist has tips on coping with intrusive thoughts, which will help you.
It has one tip I will quote.
" You are Responsible for your treatment of intrusive thoughts! "
So please make reading and discussing this article with your therapist a priority.
Intrusive thoughts are not real, yes they are very real to you but they do not affect your salvation or your relationships with other people unless you let them.

God knows that your mind isn't working properly, that it generates these daft thoughts.
He will not judge you for them, any more than he will judge a man with a broken leg for not going to church. Does that mean anything to you?

Please read the article and rather than pester God for the forgiveness he has already given you, try thanking him for it.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟995,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God knows that your mind isn't working properly, that it generates these daft thoughts.
Please read the article and rather than pester God for the forgiveness he has already given you, try thanking him for it.

I think Tolworth John has the right of it in these responses, @Scared but trusting God . God is not out to get you or trick you or even make it easy for you to commit an evil act that would forever condemn you as unsaved or unforgivable. It seems that you realize this to at least dome degree, and that is good. Perhaps it's just that what you know in your heart to be true has a hard time getting all the way to your head and thoughts, sometimes. This kind of OCD is very difficult to live with, I know.

• Agree
Reactions: Tania11
Upvote 0

Refirened

May 18, 2020
Midlands
✟4,224.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think this could help as this guy experienced something similar and got through it and went on to create a ministry. The speaker explains how he came under an extreme attack from the enemy trying to make him believe he had blasphemed the Holy Spirit because of the enemy firing of terrible thoughts in his head towards God that really upset him. He explains it in the link below from 4:44 onwards.

• Prayers
Reactions: MJ Emberzo
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel so scared right now because I think I committed the unpardonable sin. I have asked God for forgiveness so many times. So, I felt a conviction to share a video about God to people. Then, I got a thought that said “it will get you to heaven.” I know this is not true because we are saved by faith, not works. I thought this was the devil for a second. Then I thought that if I share the video, I would be following the devil. I know this is not true. I now realize it was just a random untrue thought that came to my head. Now my mind is convincing me that if I share the video I’m following the devil. I’m so scared that I attributed/ am attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil. Please help!
How can you treat this as OCD?

Upvote 0