Scotland
✟11,482.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Don't you know that you are in a spiritual battle? Have you ever read, absorbed, meditated and really thought about Romans, Ephesians etc? Do you understand that Christ came to overcome sin and the devil and that's exactly what he did on the Cross?

You have to start taking spiritual authority over your life and stand against these attacks from the Enemy. However, and this is critical - you can only do this from a place of complete and utter confidence that God has got your back because you are His child. And you can only know this when you are truly walking with Jesus and have truly repented and given your life to Him.

How were the apostles able to take authority over the Enemy? Because they were completely confident that they were walking and living for the Living God - Jesus Christ.

Of course, we are all sinners, but those who are truly being called by God do not, cannot, go on sinning because the Holy Spirit carries out a process of sanctification from the point of receiving Christ and initial repentance. This process is an ongoing work that the Holy Spirit carries out from the point of your initial salvation until your mortal death. St Paul says that 'being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion' (Philippians 1:6).

The point I am trying to make is that you MUST stop deliberately and consciously sinning. Sinning out of ignorance is one thing, but you know you should not be having sex with this 'boyfriend' but you continue to do this when God is telling you to stop.

One way to overcome is to start to see yourself as God sees you. As His precious Child. Do you think he wants you behaving like this? Are you not embarrassed that God can see what you do in private? No wonder you feel like the Holy Spirit has left because the Holy Spirit cannot be around deliberate sin being carried out like that. He has to turn away and He will because you know exactly what you are doing but you still do it.

However, God is faithful and true and will forever try to call you back to a place of purity by His grace, which is why you are experiencing all this turmoil, because the devil is trying to pull you in the opposite direction and keep you away from God. But the longer you continue deliberately sinning, the easier you will make the devil's job.

May sound harsh, but it's true.

It also does not sound like you have renewed your mind, which is a necessary part of the sanctification process. 'Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:2).

You have to read God's Word. But not just read it - think it through, absorb it, feel it. Read the same passages very very slowly over and over again and consciously let the words melt into your mind. Read about the armour of God in Ephesians. Read about Christ in the boat, sleeping as the storm arose around Him. Read about Christ's strength at the Cross.

Then you will be able to stand and take a stand. Yes, and that will mean taking a stand against the spiritual forces at work in the people, like this man, who is working to keep you bound to Satan.

You need to stop feeling so much and start imbibing God's Truth through His Word and let your mind be transformed. Then one day I hope and pray you will look back at this time and say to God 'How could I have been so stupid and not realised what was going on? Thank you Father for saving me from all that hellish turmoil'. Because that's exactly what it is and you have the power, in Christ, to stop it and change your life for the better.

(I would recommend reading Joyce Meyer's book 'The Battlefield of the Mind' if you are, as you appear to be, new to all this stuff. It is an excellent resource and full of Scripture in a context that will help your mind to start to be renewed).

I also meant to say that you simply cannot continue to be in a relationship with this person. You have to put Christ first and that means that you cannot be tied to people who do not have your best interests at heart. If it means you have to move away, then pray to God for Him to help you with this and take you to the right place because sometimes God has to take you away from your old life so he can work out your new life in Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What do you think a "change of heart" should look like, exactly?

Why do you think striving against sin should not involve a conscious resistance to it?

Why do you think a battle between the impulses of your flesh and the desire of your mind is indicative of an unregenerate person?

Yes, the Bible does talk about a point of no return. But those who have reached that point don't post the sorts of things you do on a Christian website.

My repentance has been completely by my flesh. I am no longer aware or conscious of the Holy Spirit in my life. It's a terrible date. Esau searched for repentance but could not find it.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My repentance has been completely by my flesh. I am no longer aware or conscious of the Holy Spirit in my life. It's a terrible date. Esau searched for repentance but could not find it.

Well, you know, I hope, that true repentance comes from God. (2 Timothy 2:25) It isn't something you can just work up from within yourself. God must bring you to repentance. Ask Him to. And keep asking 'til He does.

If you haven't actually repented of a life lived apart from God, from a life that doesn't revolve around Him, then it's no wonder you can't sense the Holy Spirit. The solution, though, is simple: Ask God to bring you to the place at which He wants you. The Christian life we live is, from beginning to end, His work in us and for us, not our work for Him. We only work out what God has first worked in. (Philippians 2:13)

Esau's repentance was not of a godly sort. Consider the following excerpt from the Jamieson, Fawcett and Brown Bible Commentary:

he found no place of repentance -- The cause is here put for the effect, "repentance" for the object which Esau aimed at in his so-called repentance, namely, the change of his father's determination to give the chief blessing to Jacob. Had he sought real repentance with tears he would have found it (Mt 7:7). But he did not find it because this was not what he sought. What proves his tears were not those of one seeking true repentance is, immediately after he was foiled in his desire, he resolved to murder Jacob! He shed tears, not for his sin, but for his suffering the penalty of his sin. His were tears of vain regret and remorse, not of repentance.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, you know, I hope, that true repentance comes from God. (2 Timothy 2:25) It isn't something you can just work up from within yourself. God must bring you to repentance. Ask Him to. And keep asking 'til He does.

If you haven't actually repented of a life lived apart from God, from a life that doesn't revolve around Him, then it's no wonder you can't sense the Holy Spirit. The solution, though, is simple: Ask God to bring you to the place at which He wants you. The Christian life we live is, from beginning to end, His work in us and for us, not our work for Him. We only work out what God has first worked in. (Philippians 2:13)

Esau's repentance was not of a godly sort. Consider the following excerpt from the Jamieson, Fawcett and Brown Bible Commentary:

he found no place of repentance -- The cause is here put for the effect, "repentance" for the object which Esau aimed at in his so-called repentance, namely, the change of his father's determination to give the chief blessing to Jacob. Had he sought real repentance with tears he would have found it (Mt 7:7). But he did not find it because this was not what he sought. What proves his tears were not those of one seeking true repentance is, immediately after he was foiled in his desire, he resolved to murder Jacob! He shed tears, not for his sin, but for his suffering the penalty of his sin. His were tears of vain regret and remorse, not of repentance.

I have repented of a life separate of God. One day I heard a small "voice" in my head telling me to come back home and I've been trying to repent ever since. This was long before it ever occurred to me that I was a reprobate. I see my last 8 years as nothing but a painful loss and keep thinking "if only had I been a faithful Christian all of this time... if only."

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
More people need to get a copy of John Bunyan's biography Grace Abounding. I have been looking over it again recently - The writer of Pilgrim's Progress had a long battle (about 2 and a half years) after becoming a christian with doubts, fear, guilt, feeling all of a sudden that God had left him, verses about Esau selling his birthright etc. coming to his mind, the devil telling him he had commited the unpardonable sin, etc.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have repented of a life separate of God. One day I heard a small "voice" in my head telling me to come back home and I've been trying to repent ever since.

I see. Well, what do you think repentance is, exactly?

This was long before it ever occurred to me that I was a reprobate.

You realize, of course, that every person who has ever been saved was reprobate. Read Ephesians 2:1-3 to see how Paul describes the lost. I remark on this because it sounds like you think a reprobate state is beyond God's power to reverse. Not so, friend. Not so. People "dead in trespasses and sins" God has shown countless times are not proof against His redeeming power. You don't stand beyond His power, either.

I see my last 8 years as nothing but a painful loss and keep thinking "if only had I been a faithful Christian all of this time... if only."

A bit too much of a focus on you, I think, and not enough on Christ. No one ever became like Christ by looking constantly at their own failure and impotence. We're told in Scripture to fix our eyes upon Jesus (Hebrews 12:2-3). Behold him, consider him, and refuse to look away. As you do, you will find that you begin to become conformed to your focus. It's how God has made us to work. And, of course, the Spirit works on us, too, at the same time. (2 Corinthians 3:8)

Paul likened the Christian life to running a race. A good analogy, I think. If a runner wants to finish the race, perhaps even to win it, when he stumbles and falls, does he bemoan doing so, sitting idle on the course, wishing he'd done better? Nope. That's not how one finishes a race, let alone wins it. No, when a runner falls, he gets up immediately and continues to run. Paul suggests the same strategy to his fellow disciples of Christ:

Philippians 3:13-14
13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

It's really easy to get preoccupied with our sin and weakness. The devil loves it when we do. We're so easy to sideline when we sit and stare at our failure and massage our guilt until we are paralyzed spiritually. But as Paul explains, the way to move forward is to cease to look back.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I see. Well, what do you think repentance is, exactly?

You realize, of course, that every person who has ever been saved was reprobate. Read Ephesians 2:1-3 to see how Paul describes the lost. I remark on this because it sounds like you think a reprobate state is beyond God's power to reverse. Not so, friend. Not so. People "dead in trespasses and sins" God has shown countless times are not proof against His redeeming power. You don't stand beyond His power, either.

A bit too much of a focus on you, I think, and not enough on Christ. No one ever became like Christ by looking constantly at their own failure and impotence. We're told in Scripture to fix our eyes upon Jesus (Hebrews 12:2-3). Behold him, consider him, and refuse to look away. As you do, you will find that you begin to become conformed to your focus. It's how God has made us to work. And, of course, the Spirit works on us, too, at the same time. (2 Corinthians 3:8)

Paul likened the Christian life to running a race. A good analogy, I think. If a runner wants to finish the race, perhaps even to win it, when he stumbles and falls, does he bemoan doing so, sitting idle on the course, wishing he'd done better? Nope. That's not how one finishes a race, let alone wins it. No, when a runner falls, he gets up immediately and continues to run. Paul suggests the same strategy to his fellow disciples of Christ:

Philippians 3:13-14
13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

It's really easy to get preoccupied with our sin and weakness. The devil loves it when we do. We're so easy to sideline when we sit and stare at our failure and massage our guilt until we are paralyzed spiritually. But as Paul explains, the way to move forward is to cease to look back.

I appreciate your words of wisdom. But unfortunately my mind keeps traveling to Hebrews 6 and other damning verses. However I will try to keep faith and keep hope.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate your words of wisdom. But unfortunately my mind keeps traveling to Hebrews 6 and other damning verses. However I will try to keep faith and keep hope.

It isn't up to you to try. Trying isn't God's way. Yielding is. Surrendering. Submitting. Humbling one's self. And then, in faith, depending and waiting upon God. When we try, we are working for God, rather than allowing Him to work for us. Trying is what we do because we have insufficient strength and will to be who God has called us to be. But when we submit ourselves to God and trust in Him to be for us what we cannot be for ourselves, and wait in faith for Him to do so, well, lo and behold, we find ourselves being changed, subtly, imperceptibly, but profoundly into the image of His dear Son. This is God's way. It requires that we stop trying, though, and begin, instead, to yield and depend. And when you realize you need to change but can't, start praying - and don't stop 'til God has answered your prayers.

1 Corinthians 1:27-31
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God--and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--
31 that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."

2 Corinthians 12:9
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It isn't up to you to try. Trying isn't God's way. Yielding is. Surrendering. Submitting. Humbling one's self. And then, in faith, depending and waiting upon God. When we try, we are working for God, rather than allowing Him to work for us. Trying is what we do because we have insufficient strength and will to be who God has called us to be. But when we submit ourselves to God and trust in Him to be for us what we cannot be for ourselves, and wait in faith for Him to do so, well, lo and behold, we find ourselves being changed, subtly, imperceptibly, but profoundly into the image of His dear Son. This is God's way. It requires that we stop trying, though, and begin, instead, to yield and depend. And when you realize you need to change but can't, start praying - and don't stop 'til God has answered your prayers.

1 Corinthians 1:27-31
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
29 that no flesh should glory in His presence.
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God--and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--
31 that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."

2 Corinthians 12:9
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

But yet earlier you told me that even a regenerate person has to willfully restrain from sin.

The problem is there's nothing left for me to submit to. There's no influence from God left. He seems to be finished with me.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But yet earlier you told me that even a regenerate person has to willfully restrain from sin.

Yes, they do. But in whose power?

Romans 14:4
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

Philippians 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Romans 8:13
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

The problem is there's nothing left for me to submit to. There's no influence from God left. He seems to be finished with me.

Well, this might be how you feel, but since when did your feelings define God's truth? No person who has ever been saved started, in coming to faith in Christ, from a place of spiritual life. They were without the Spirit, without connection to God, and yet, God managed to save them anyway. Why, then, are you making your current state so much greater than God?

God is not finished with you until you are finished with Him. And, even then, He'll keep after you, hounding you into heaven. He didn't send His Son to die for you only to end up washing his hands of you. Christ died for you when you were his enemy, alienated from God by your wicked works (Colossians 1:21). Why, then, do you believe your sin to be such a barrier to him now?

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Well, this might be how you feel, but since when did your feelings define God's truth? No person who has ever been saved started, in coming to faith in Christ, from a place of spiritual life. They were without the Spirit, without connection to God, and yet, God managed to save them anyway. Why, then, are you making your current state so much greater than God?

God is not finished with you until you are finished with Him. And, even then, He'll keep after you, hounding you into heaven. He didn't send His Son to die for you only to end up washing his hands of you. Christ died for you when you were his enemy, alienated from God by your wicked works (Colossians 1:21). Why, then, do you believe your sin to be such a barrier to him now?

I know that because I failed to be conformed to Christ's image.

The verse that you quoted in Romans 8:13 is a warning to Christians since unregenerate people do not have the Spirit. I had the choice to be conformed or not and I did for a period of time... until I allowed bitterness to enter me.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
On the train home I planned to meet my boyfriend when I got off the train. I was staying at his house. I told him I didn't wanna go back to having sex and I wanted to abstain, he respected my desicion and I told him I needed to keep to this cleaner way of living. We ordered Chinese food and watched movies and we didn't have sex.

OK and your post goes on to say you went on for a few days and ended up doing it and now you feel under a spirit of condemnation.

Roseandthorn I wonder if I might ask you the following question. Do you think God would ask us to do something that he wouldn't be willing to do? For example you can read in the Bible in Matt 18:22 where Jesus was asked by his disciples, "How often shall we forgive someone who sins against us? Maybe if they've sinned 7 times and that's it ship them off unforgiven forever? And the Lord replied, "I say unto you, Not just 7 times but 70 x's 7"

Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Matt 18:2

OK let's do the math....70 x's 7 and that =s 490 times! And that's all in one day! So it seems God would have us take our minds off the numbers of keeping track how many times someone sins against us (really that's what he was saying) and just to put the focus on ALWAYS BE WILLING TO FORGIVE. So....that's what he expects of us....So what about him?

Do you not think that he would at least have the same disposition to do the same towards us? Does he not understand that YES people may fail repeatedly and yet he still longs to strengthen them, help them and encourage them until they finally arrive at a place of victory that is if they still want it and are open to it? Good news for you! YOU ARE! You've already expressed the longing to make things right with God and he knows that!

What you need to know now is the basis by which you can come into a sense to KNOW your sin or your having given into it is taken care of where you no longer need to feel guilt or a feeling of condemnation and that's understanding about Jesus precious blood.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1 :9

What cleanses us from all unrighteousness?

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

“Come now, let us reason together,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are as red as crimson, they will become like wool. Isaiah 1:19

So....you feel like your sins have been like scarlet? You feel like they've been red like crimson? Looks like some good news for you! The Lord is willing to wash them away and leave you with a conscience of being like white pure snow or wool where you stand pure and holy without blame before him in love and not on the basis on what you have or have not done but by and because of his precious blood! So take courage and take heart! God is on your side!

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
. I simply feel nothing. Complete apathy. I am not even capable of fear.

My friend I've read your posts before and it seems you absolutely refuse to allow anyone to comfort you or change your mind that there is hope for you. If there was any way I could I would and I'd ask you what makes you so special that you feel the Lord and his precious blood can't blot out your sins and give you once again right standing with God? Also you say you feel nothing? Feel nothing? Who ever told you need to feel something to obey the Command of God......to repent.

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Acts 17:30

Sorry Invalidusername but I don't read anywhere God commands people to repent if they have feeling to. Seems to me he just says to repent.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hebrews 6:4-6 are not damning verses.

Hebrews was written to a church that was made up of Gentile, and Jewish, Christians and they were facing persecution.
The Jewish Christians could escape any persecution of Christians by saying "no, we're Jewish" and going back to the Synagogues. But to be accepted again by the Synagogues they would have had to publicly reject Jesus, say they had made a mistake, deny that he was the Messiah and go back to the Jewish law and practices. It seems that some people had been thinking of doing this and then - when threat of persecution was over - repenting again, declaring Judaism to be false and that Jesus was the Messiah after all.
The author says that this is not possible. I'm not sure that he means it is not possible from God's point of view - there are people in Scripture who disobeyed God, denied the faith and had second chances - but from the point of view of the Jews, or Christians. Who would trust someone who changed their allegiance every time there was a hint of trouble? How would they be able to accept, and have fellowship with, a person who often said "Jesus is Lord and Christ - no he isn't, he's a false Messiah - no, he truly IS Lord"?
It's true that Jesus said that if someone denied him, he would deny them before his Father, Matthew 10:33, 2 Timothy 2:12. But since Peter denied Jesus and was forgiven and reinstated, it probably means repeatedly and consistently.

Imo, if someone writes on a Christian forum about God, wanting to return to God etc AND quotes Scripture, they are not beyond redemption and God's saving grace.
I have no interest at all in seeking out a Satanist forum, (if there is such a thing) and saying "I can't return to Satan worship, I am beyond hope", as I have no intention of deliberately worshipping Satan. The devil is the one without hope; not me. HE is the one who was defeated by the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross - my Saviour died for me so that I would not suffer eternal death and have to be without God forever. Our Lord Jesus HAS snatched us from the evil one; the devil knows this and will do anything to snatch us back again - thus tempting us to deny the verse "no one can snatch me from my Father's hands". If he can whisper to you, the OP and anyone else, "you don't FEEL saved so you aren't", his job is half done. All he needs to do then is keep you in that state til you die, refusing repentance and denying God's words of forgiveness, and then it will be too late.

I'd tell the devil he has been defeated by the blood of Jesus, ask, and believe for, forgiveness through that blood, and then run back to God as fast as possible.
On a side note though, if this apathy and lack of feeling extends to your life in general, maybe you are suffering from depression? Depressed people sometimes describe having no feeling, no purpose and seeing no point to anything. If you ARE depressed, that is an illness and a mental issue, not a spiritual one.

Upvote 0

Ojpalosa

Jan 19, 2018
Bästkusten
✟30,329.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My friend I've read your posts before and it seems you absolutely refuse to allow anyone to comfort you or change your mind that there is hope for you. If there was any way I could I would and I'd ask you what makes you so special that you feel the Lord and his precious blood can't blot out your sins and give you once again right standing with God? Also you say you feel nothing? Feel nothing? Who ever told you need to feel something to obey the Command of God......to repent.

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Acts 17:30

Sorry Invalidusername but I don't read anywhere God commands people to repent if they have feeling to. Seems to me he just says to repent.

My thoughts exactly!

Amazing, aiki!!

God bless all of you guys, keep speaking truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In my life there are two extremely simple yet profound revelations that have sometimes kept me from God in the past. I mention these as I thing they are part of the core problem you are having. First, that you need to have a better revelation of how much God loves you. Secondly, that you are saved by grace and you do not need to earn your salvation. No I am not talking of hyper grace with no consequences, but you seem to yo-yo far too much, from fasting to sinning and back. I pray you get a spiritual mentor, someone that can help you get grounded. That God is seeking you is evident by the latest events, otherwise why would God send such help? Deliverance can be instant or it can take time, but the good news is that you are willing and certainly God is willing. You are going to learn to stand, and be successful. YOU ARE GOING TO WIN THROUGH CHRIST. In my own life, I thought I had lost my salvation so I decided I was going to serve God anyway, even if it were so. I mean really this was a logical choice as serving the devil willfully was out of the question. Anyway, it worked, and as I continued to serve God the best I could, my path and assurance returned. May you find his love and grace in your struggles.

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I had lost my faith
Hi Roses,

My immediate thoughts about your testimony is boundaries.
Knowing Jesus is about learning to know oneself and discover where you should be and how you should behave because that is where your heart is in love and in what Jesus wants.

At the moment you are not respecting yourself, loving your heart, and are too freely desiring to be involved with others without consequences or recognising them.

Casual sex often is a way of replacing the need to be loved and to get the feelings of intimacy without actually knowing another at a true level. It is this playing with emotions and need without recognising responsibilities, hurt, consequences that Jesus calls sin and leads to death. But not death as a punishment, but heart and life destroying betrayal and damage, where meaning and love are shut out for the reward of a feeling of elation.

Following Jesus is the place of recognising the desert where we live and the promised land of Jesus and love lived out which is real and where God dwells. But it is established by recognising what is appropriate in the right place and with the right people. There are no short cuts, but humbling coming before Him, repenting and learning the way of the cross. Once here things become a lot more clearer, and you will know what to do next.

God bless you

Last edited:
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I appreciate your words of encouragement and advice. However I don't think I have a demon problem. I simply feel nothing. Complete apathy. I am not even capable of fear.

Oh stop! That should tell you right there you're WRONG! So you assert you're not even capable of fear? God says,

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Heb 10:31

But you claim you're not even capable of fear! Or maybe the scripture says, "It's a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God, oh yeah, except poster So-And-So he's a special unique case on the earth." Don't think so Bud! You're not that special or unique where you can make a truthful claim that you're not capable of fear. Sorry but you're not. It seems that you're just willingly choosing not to consider all things.

Have you actually seen Hell yet? Have you visited it's Gates? I had a friend which did. My wife and I met her at a Bible study years ago and she told us her story. She wasn't really serving God or in relationship with him and it so happens she was dating a certain man. They went out on a boat one day had some drinks and after becoming drunk she jumped off the boat. Her boyfriend dived in to save her and ended up he drowned and she didn't.

Well she felt overwhelming guilt that plagued her for it was because of her he had died. This finally led to depression where she kept yelling out to God, "Let me die!" In time this led to a serious suicide attempt where she took a bottle of pills. Somebody found her but she must had died for a few moments for she had the following experience. She left her body and descended to hell....but just stood outside of it. It was the most horrifying thing she ever experienced and kept screaming to God, "Don't leave me here! Don't leave me hear! Please don't leave me here!" (or words to that effect)

She saw people coming to Hell's gate to pull her in and there were no words to describe the horror. She said that she didn't know until later on in her Christian life that there was a verse of scripture which says,

"Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee..." Isaiah 14:9

God didn't send her into that place and basically said, "Iris if I let you die like you were asking me to do this would have been the end result!" She got saved right quick and learned to forgive herself and for a great many years was one of the strongest soul winners I've ever met. I'd suggest you need to forgive yourself as well from all your sins and failures of the past and look to the precious blood of Jesus to blot out even your consciousnesses of those sins. Plus don't ever say again you're not even capable of fear. You most certainly have not experienced EVERYTHING yet.

Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My advice is to leave him. Maybe you should also consider rejoining the Church. Everyone has their salvation battle, this is your salvation story. I hope you do manage to decide wisely if you’re still a follower of the Holy Spirit or not. It’s nice to have a faith in which you can trust.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh stop! That should tell you right there you're WRONG! So you assert you're not even capable of fear? God says,

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Heb 10:31

But you claim you're not even capable of fear! Or maybe the scripture says, "It's a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God, oh yeah, except poster So-And-So he's a special unique case on the earth." Don't think so Bud! You're not that special or unique where you can make a truthful claim that you're not capable of fear. Sorry but you're not. It seems that you're just willingly choosing not to consider all things.

Have you actually seen Hell yet? Have you visited it's Gates? I had a friend which did. My wife and I met her at a Bible study years ago and she told us her story. She wasn't really serving God or in relationship with him and it so happens she was dating a certain man. They went out on a boat one day had some drinks and after becoming drunk she jumped off the boat. Her boyfriend dived in to save her and ended up he drowned and she didn't.

Well she felt overwhelming guilt that plagued her for it was because of her he had died. This finally led to depression where she kept yelling out to God, "Let me die!" In time this led to a serious suicide attempt where she took a bottle of pills. Somebody found her but she must had died for a few moments for she had the following experience. She left her body and descended to hell....but just stood outside of it. It was the most horrifying thing she ever experienced and kept screaming to God, "Don't leave me here! Don't leave me hear! Please don't leave me here!" (or words to that effect)

She saw people coming to Hell's gate to pull her in and there were no words to describe the horror. She said that she didn't know until later on in her Christian life that there was a verse of scripture which says,

"Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee..." Isaiah 14:9

God didn't send her into that place and basically said, "Iris if I let you die like you were asking me to do this would have been the end result!" She got saved right quick and learned to forgive herself and for a great many years was one of the strongest soul winners I've ever met. I'd suggest you need to forgive yourself as well from all your sins and failures of the past and look to the precious blood of Jesus to blot out even your consciousnesses of those sins. Plus don't ever say again you're not even capable of fear. You most certainly have not experienced EVERYTHING yet.

Emotions are not that simple. You have never experienced extreme apathy.

Clearly I will be fearful on judgement day if I am truly a reprobate soul and my soul will be tormented forever and forever but I am incapable of being afraid of that right now. I am blind and lacking discernment.

Upvote 0