Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So, I have Crohn's Disease and a low immune system. My doctor strongly recommended me to get the Covid Vaccine along with the flu shot and various other vaccines because of me being at high risk with my immune system. With Covid he said that he's seen people on their death beds saying that they should've listened to him when he told them to get the shot and that worried me a bit when I heard that. I've seen mixed opinions about Christians taking it. People saying that it's the mark of the beast, etc. I thought that the mark of the beast was received on the right hand or the forehead so wouldn't a shot in the arm not be the mark or am I misunderstanding something? I know it's a touchy topic but I was just wondering if there was anyone here that took it and to get more peoples opinions about it being the mark.

You should listen to your doctor and ignore anyone who tells you to ignore the advice of those who have dedicated their lives and careers to understanding and applying medicine.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
yes, i'd like that.

DON'T. This is a trap. The goal is not to give you a Bible study, the goal is to indoctrinate you in SDA propaganda.

If you really want to study Scripture on this subject, there are a lot--a LOT of resources from across many different denominational backgrounds from so many different fantastic scholars, biblical exegetes, and theologians from over the last two thousand years.

Don't be hoodwinked by a wolf in sheep's clothing trying to devour you and destroy your faith and hope in Jesus Christ and His Gospel.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
DON'T. This is a trap. The goal is not to give you a Bible study, the goal is to indoctrinate you in SDA propaganda.

If you really want to study Scripture on this subject, there are a lot--a LOT of resources from across many different denominational backgrounds from so many different fantastic scholars, biblical exegetes, and theologians from over the last two thousand years.

Don't be hoodwinked by a wolf in sheep's clothing trying to devour you and destroy your faith and hope in Jesus Christ and His Gospel.

-CryptoLutheran
Very sound advice, and even then, Bible study in groups works well as some people are strong Seers and can interpret in the Spirit. For instance, when it says that the Mark of The Beast will be in the right hand or the forehead, does this mean it will be visible to others in these places, or that those in the spirit world can more clearly identify them because it also speaks of the big scorpions that go around stinging men for 5 months will know not to touch the ones who have the mark of God on their forehead, and this is in the spirit. ( I think). I don't claim to know great things, I am just using an example.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Can you please state where it says this is the Bible. Thanks!

It's pretty implict. The mark of the beast refers to allegiance to the Beast, a mark of ownership--and almost certainly no more a literal "mark" than the "mark" which God commanded upon the Israelites. Notice that in Deuteronomy God's seal/mark was also to be on the Israelite's forehead and right hand--the seal is the Torah, God's instruction, the seal and mark of God's covenant with Israel. This is the basis for the tradition of teffilin/phylacteries first among the Pharisees and later post-Temple Rabbis.

In St. John's Apocalypse he also describes how God's people are marked and sealed by God, also on their foreheads. And which I would argue is an allusion to Baptism and Chrismation (Chrismation being the anointing with oil and laying on of hands that is part of/subsequent to Baptism as practiced in the Church since the time of the Apostles as we see hinted at in the Acts of the Apostles, see Acts of the Apostles 19:5-6). I would also bring up what St. Paul writes in Ephesians 1:13-14.

We have God's mark, God's seal--we are baptized believers in Jesus Christ, and thus all of God's promises which He graciously pours out through the Gospel are indeed truly ours. We stand in Christ, secure in Christ, because of God's grace alone, through faith which we receive from Him (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Therefore the mark--whatever else it might be--is fundamentally about allegiance, collusion, and identification with "the beast".

So if anyone tells you that "X is the mark of the beast", and it is about some physical mark, or chip, or tattoos, or barcode, or whatever, then you can confidently know they are wrong; because Jesus Christ is Faithful and True. And anyone who tries to rob you of your hope in Jesus, of your faith and confidence in Christ and His word, such a person is a thief and a liar.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Waymarker

May 5, 2009
✟19,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
..the covid vaccine..I know it's a touchy topic but I was just wondering if there was anyone here that took it and to get more peoples opinions about it being the mark.

I've never been vaxxed because I was hit by covid almost 2 years ago and recovered, so it's too late to get vaxxed now and I might be immune to further hits anyway..:)

As for people who are wondering whether to get vaxxed, it's a very tricky decision, but if they're youngish with their whole life ahead of them and a family to look after, it might be a good idea to get vaxed.
As for it being the "mark of the beast", vaxes for a whole range of diseases have been going on for very many years, but nobody regards them as being the mark, so why do some people regard just the covid jab as possibly being the mark?
But if anybody doesn't want the covid vax I suppose they could put their trust in God-
"My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.." (Psalms 91:1-16)

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
99.5% of people under 60 who are healthy recover from Covid19. And of those in this group who get infected, over 40% of them never know they were infected. The group of people actually dangerously vulnerable to Covid19 are older folk with one or more health challenges (diabetes, cancer, heart disease, etc.). But even among this group, the rate of recovery is still in the 90th percentile. We hear of the number of dead from Covid19 constantly, but as great as the number of them seems, the number of those infected and recovered is far, far greater.

We see now, too, that the vaxxeens are very permeable, weak, unable to prevent infection or the transmission of the virus. Some who have been triple-vaxxed have died from infection. What use, then, being vaccinated? Especially against the very weak but dominant Omicron strain of the virus? And particularly when natural immunity is much superior to the "immunity" provided by the vaxxeens.

As well, vaxxeen injuries are mounting daily, tens of thousands of people seriously damaged or dead as a direct result of the vaxxeens. Myocarditis, pericarditis, paralysis, stroke, heart attack, ADE and death are no longer uncommon side-effects of the vaxxeens. No other vaxxeen has ever had the degree of harm that the current Covid vaxxeens have had, or been allowed to incur.

And the virus has all along been in both animal and human reservoirs. Bats, deer, cats and dogs have all been found to carry the virus. When this is so, no vaccine can, for obvious reasons, eradicate the virus. Covid, then, has always been endemic, impossible to erase by vaxxenation. Makes one wonder about the rabid push for universal vaxxenation...

See my earlier post in this thread for links to data supporting my remarks in this post.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've never been vaxxed because I was hit by covid almost 2 years ago and recovered, so it's too late to get vaxxed now and I might be immune to further hits anyway..:)

You can get Covid multiple times, many have. My BIL had delta then omicron. So be safe :)

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Problem is there are many covid variants so would one vaccination protect against them all?

The shot (not really a vaccination) works for most all them. The shot does not guarantee that you won't get sick just that you won't get real bad and die.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Waymarker

May 5, 2009
✟19,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The shot (not really a vaccination) works for most all them. The shot does not guarantee that you won't get sick just that you won't get real bad and die.

Then there are "booster shots", so I can understand why some people don't want all that stuff sloshing around their systems..:)

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then there are "booster shots", so I can understand why some people don't want all that stuff sloshing around their systems..:)

It is the same stuff the body produces everyday, just instructions nothing is sloshing around and it leaves the body relatively fast. :)

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The infamous spike protein that the mRNA vaccines produce proliferate all throughout the body, causing many of the very dangerous effects that tens of thousands of people worldwide have experienced (and from which an increasing number have died). A typical vaccine remains in the tissue of the site of injection, but the mRNA spike protein can move into the brain and even through nursing mothers into babies.

20 Lies - PANDA

Clotting and Covid Vaccine "Science"

Halt Covid Vaccine, Research Scientist Urges CDC

COVID Vaccine Injury Reports Grow in Number, But Trends Remain Consistent

Reactions: DaveM
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So, I have Crohn's Disease and a low immune system. My doctor strongly recommended me to get the Covid Vaccine along with the flu shot and various other vaccines because of me being at high risk with my immune system. With Covid he said that he's seen people on their death beds saying that they should've listened to him when he told them to get the shot and that worried me a bit when I heard that. I've seen mixed opinions about Christians taking it. People saying that it's the mark of the beast, etc. I thought that the mark of the beast was received on the right hand or the forehead so wouldn't a shot in the arm not be the mark or am I misunderstanding something? I know it's a touchy topic but I was just wondering if there was anyone here that took it and to get more peoples opinions about it being the mark.
The COVID vaccine is not the mark of the beast. It's pretty clear in scripture that when the mark comes we'll all have no doubt as to what it is. I will tell you that the vast majority of people I see in the hospital with COVID have not been vaccinated. Do with that what you will.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Do you know why we get flu shots every year? It's because the flu virus has a LOT of variants, and is contantly evolving--and so we are constantly working on vaccinations to address the ever-evolving strains of the flu. Which is why a single flu shot won't innoculate you against all strains of influenza, but it will protect you against the major strains that various world health groups and medical scientists have been watching and tracking.

Since COVID-19 is also evolving and new strains are emerging, medical professionals have been saying almost since the beginning that there was a good chance of needing multiple vaccines and multiple shots.

That "stuff" in the vaccines is simply a weakened form of a virus which teaches your body's immune system to recognize the virus and attack it; and since it is a weakened and impotent form, the body is able to quickly learn, target, and eliminate the virus from the body. It's true that this also can and does happen when contracting a potent form of the virus such as through transmission; but the difference is that a weakened form prepares the body, so when it DOES encounter the potent form it can more quickly target and eliminate it from the body, and so the virus causes little to no harm to the body.

There is a nonsense idea going around is that there are two sides to this debate and that there is room for ongoing debate over the value of vaccination. This is nonsense because the science of vaccination is well studied, well established. There's no more a debate on this than there is a debate on whether the earth is round. The anti-vax position is simply a medical version of flat earthism; a stupid, ridiculous, and DANGEROUS position rooted in misinformation, ignorance, and conspiracy theory.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1. No matter what you think of COVID or vaccines - be certain of one thing... this is not the mark of the beast seen in Rev 13. Not even close. So don't worry about that part. I would love to do a bible study with you on that topic as it will clear up a lot of things if you are interested.

2. If your doctor says you should get the vaccine - then you have a very strong indicator that you should listen. And Omicron is WAYYYYY more infectious than Delta -- just look at the huge spike in infections in every country it has gotten into. It is almost sure-bet that everyone will get this one.

3. I was vaccinated about 9 months ago - did not have any issues at all.

4. I have not seen anyone on their death bed in the ICU that then goes on TV and says "wow I sure am glad I did not get vaccinated!! Best decision I ever made". The only people I see trying to convince people not to get it - are the ones that never got caught on the short end of that stick in the ICU gasping for air.

After having posted this - about a month later I did get Omicron for a few days.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have serious health challenges. Have you considered the ramifications of ignoring his advice? Make sure you can live with it and convey your decision to your loved ones.

If you choose to abstain and fall ill who will care for you? How would it impact your family? Friends? Will you regret the decision later?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There is a nonsense idea going around is that there are two sides to this debate and that there is room for ongoing debate over the value of vaccination. This is nonsense because the science of vaccination is well studied, well established. There's no more a debate on this than there is a debate on whether the earth is round. The anti-vax position is simply a medical version of flat earthism; a stupid, ridiculous, and DANGEROUS position rooted in misinformation, ignorance, and conspiracy theory.

For an anti-mRNA-vaccine person like myself, the debate isn't over the value of vaccination but over the value of the novel, Covid19 mRNA vaccines that implement uncontrolled spike protein production in a person's body, the dangerous effects of which have been known for over a decade and are now damaging and killing people in the tens of thousands globally. It is Strawman arguing to assert that those opposed to these new, demonstrably-injurious vaccines are opposed to all vaccines. I have been vaccinated several times in the past but am vigorously opposed to the mRNA spike-protein vaccines that are presently being offered as "the only way out" of the pandemic.

The dismissiveness with which you are dealing with those opposed to Covid19 vaccinations demonstrates the very sort of blind, irrational antagonism you say is so dangerous in the "anti-vax position."

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
For an anti-mRNA-vaccine person like myself, the debate isn't over the value of vaccination but over the value of the novel, Covid19 mRNA vaccines that implement uncontrolled spike protein production in a person's body, the dangerous effects of which have been known for over a decade and are now damaging and killing people in the tens of thousands globally. It is Strawman arguing to assert that those opposed to these new, demonstrably-injurious vaccines are opposed to all vaccines. I have been vaccinated several times in the past but am vigorously opposed to the mRNA spike-protein vaccines that are presently being offered as "the only way out" of the pandemic.

The dismissiveness with which you are dealing with those opposed to Covid19 vaccinations demonstrates the very sort of blind, irrational antagonism you say is so dangerous in the "anti-vax position."

My antagonism against the anti-vax stupidity is not only rational, it is moral.

And your appeal earlier in this thread to junk science websites only makes your position worse.

If you want to actually pretend there is a debate still about vaccines, then you could at least link to real peer reviewed scientific material. Real medical journals. Anything.

No, this isn't a debate. But you do have a moral obligation to educate yourself with real science.

Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
COVID-19 Vaccine Effectiveness
COVID-19 vaccines

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
*Sigh* Typical propagandist rhetoric...

The junk science is primarily on your side. But I think you know it which is why, I suspect, your rhetoric is so...tense. And self-righteous..

Fortunately, folks don't have to rely on your say-so, or mine; they can check out the links we've offered for themselves and make up their own minds.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.